Why is it so hard to have a civil discussion in the Israel/Palestine forum?

[QUOTE="teddyearp, post: 10093679, member: 49464
So, if this is the case, why do you get so emotionally involved to the point of cussing everyone out, with the exception of this thread.[/QUOTE]Um......because I love to cuss?

Actually, that's just the way I talk. The profanity provides a level of emphasis.

I answered you. You did not like my answer. Now you are attacking me by calling me names. This is another reason why there can be no civil discussion in the Israel/Palestine forum. When you ask the question in your own OP look in the mirror.
No you didn't answer me! You didn't address anything I said. You just repeated a blanket statement about not pursuing "legitimate resolutions", after I gave you 3 examples that they did. You didn't address any of them. I also asked you a direct question, which you didn't bother to answer and now claim you did. What post of yours commented on Israel constantly breaking the ceasefires? Anyone can look at your prior posts and see you haven't commented on it at all. But yet you claim you did.

And I didn't call you names. I said, "...if you wanted to be a troll...", which means, I attacked your actions and not you personally.

I answered whatever valid points you may have made, you then called me a troll. Now you have your answer why there can be no civil discussion in the Israel/Palestine forum.:)

I answered whatever valid points you may have made, you then called me a troll. Now you have your answer why there can be no civil discussion in the Israel/Palestine forum.:)
What post did you comment on the 3 examples? What post did you answer my direct question on the ceasefires? Those are direct questions. The only ones who don't answer direct questions, are trolls.

Billo_Really I Think I owe you an answer, and everyone else as well.
THE Reason we can't have a normal discussion or a debate is simple, I had hard time finding the posts but I believe you know what I'm talking about
First time I noticed it was me - I was asking you(Billo) if you care about the Palestinians, answer was no.
Next there is aris2chat asking Beelzebub if he care about the Palestinians or getting a job for them, sort of a 'no'.
So on.

Every point in each debate is not going anywhere because we simply talk about two different things, I've said it before and it saddens me to think I have to say it again, the so called pro-Palestinians are not pro-Palestinians, you can rarely find someone who consider himself/herself a pro-Palestinians in the forum and yes I was looking quite hard for them and this is the all the same out there, as we all discuss about real time issues we reflect the same opinions people have across the globe.

The Pro-Palestinian lobby here is a synonymous for anti-Israel, when every thread goes up its either the anti-Israel team busy pointing fingers, and we - the pro-Israeli side - disproving, so what kind of debate is this? you keep blaming Israel and you seriously expect me to do WHAT?
Bottom line for conclusions should be -
Is there anything productive that could come by that?
Is this really benefit the Palestinians?
What do we can learn from it?

Try adapting this way of thinking and ask yourself honestly if that is what the 'pro-Palestinians' here truly aim for.
Now when every thread about anything goes for mutual benefit goes dry, I can't fall to believe anyone I've met here - with a few exceptions - can answer the questions above if they even bother to, in the positive-productive threads which I've been looking for around here.

Free+Palestine+Anti-semitism.jpg

I Think its fair I said it quite a few times, I don't care when somebody is pro-Palestinians, and even doesn't have to like Israel at all, this is something we all can work out, but once someone is ANTI it means the train has passed already.
I don't care about the Palestinian's. And why should I? They don't affect my daily life in any way. The same goes for Israel. It doesn't affect my daily life. Jews don't affect my daily life. Muslims don't affect my daily life. With that being said, why would I waste time and energy in my own life hating or supporting either one?

But I will tell you what I do hate. Hypocrites. I hate hypocrites! I hate people who think they can live by a different set of rules than everyone else, which is what I believe Israel thinks it can do. The biggest problem with hypocrites, is they never take responsibility for the things they do. Take you question, for example...

you keep blaming Israel and you seriously expect me to do WHAT?
...the entire focus is on Israel being "blamed". Not, "should they be blamed", just that they are simply "blamed". My initial response would be, "Why can't you be blamed?" "Why do you have a cow when you are?" "If you are responsible for a particular action, why wouldn't you be blamed?"

The most perfect example of this is the occupation and blockade. Israel started those. Israel is maintaining those. Israel is responsible for those. Israel is to blame for those. And if that is causing all the rocket fire and violence against Israel, why can't you accept that and ask you government, "What the fuck?" Why can't you address your role in all the violence? But you don't do that. You're just pissed people have the gall to blame Israel. It's as if Israel is this sacred cow you can't say anything against.

And one of my faults is, I just love carving up sacred cows. If you're the kind of person who thinks "he's all that", I'm your worst nightmare.

Of course you don't care about the Palestinians. Neither do most Arabs and Muslims. It's all about the hatred and intolerance you pigs have for Jews. That's your driving force. What else is new. It's the Jews fault you live out of your van. Ha ha ha.

Has it been mentioned yet: the Scuds raining down on Tel Aviv during Gulf War 1? And Israel took it, with no retaliation, despite not being involved in the conflict.
You got a link showing Iraq shot at Israel?

1991 Gulf War chronology

Day 2: Thursday, Jan. 17

• Iraqi President Saddam Hussein declares: "The great showdown has begun! The mother of all battles is under way.''
  • Iraqi Scud missiles strike Israel.
  • Scud fired at Saudi Arabia is downed by U.S. Patriot missile - first anti- missile missile fired in combat.
Day 3: Friday, Jan. 18

• Amid retaliation speculation, President Bush says Israel has promised not to respond to Iraq's attack.
Day 4: Saturday, Jan. 19

• At least three Scuds explode in Tel Aviv, Israel, injuring about 17. Israel vows to defend itself but refrains. United States rushes in Patriots, making Army crews first U.S. soldiers to defend Israel.
  • U.S. troops raid oil platforms off Kuwait, capturing first Iraqi prisoners of war.
Day 5: Sunday, Jan. 20

• Iraqi TV airs interviews with captured allied airmen.

What post did you comment on the 3 examples? What post did you answer my direct question on the ceasefires? Those are direct questions. The only ones who don't answer direct questions, are trolls.

I answered as best I could. You call me names and ask why there can be no civil discussion. I think you are one reason why there is no civil discussion. :rolleyes: I have done nothing to you that you should call me names.

[QUOTE="teddyearp, post: 10093679, member: 49464
So, if this is the case, why do you get so emotionally involved to the point of cussing everyone out, with the exception of this thread.
Um......because I love to cuss?

Actually, that's just the way I talk. The profanity provides a level of emphasis.[/QUOTE]

Same here sometimes, but come on Bill, you know how much better how to quote a post, don't you? Crap, quoting yours got mine all effed up as well!

Last edited:

like the three monkeys, he shuts out what he does not want to know

I answered as best I could. You call me names and ask why there can be no civil discussion. I think you are one reason why there is no civil discussion. :rolleyes: I have done nothing to you that you should call me names.

Anger, name calling, personal attacks, whining, demanding "proof" rather that offering it to support their point of view.
If you can't attack the messenger, attack the facts. If you can't attack the facts, attack the logic.
Weren't we warned about this in 6th grade debate?

Don't you remember, Saddam was paying $30,000 per Palestinian Arab family for any member of said family to become a suicide bomber in Israel?

Don't you remember, Saddam was paying $30,000 per Palestinian Arab family for any member of said family to become a suicide bomber in Israel?
Fo schizzle!

I answered as best I could.
You didn't answer a direct question, that's no answer at all. And if you provided no answer at all, you certainly couldn't do your "best" at it, now can you?

You call me names and ask why there can be no civil discussion. I think you are one reason why there is no civil discussion. :rolleyes: I have done nothing to you that you should call me names.
I didn't call you names. I said the only ones who don't answer direct questions are trolls. That's not calling you a name, that's stating a fact.

You are a perfect example of why there is no civil discourse in this forum. You refuse to have a conversation; insist on playing word games; won't answer direct questions; won't specifically address opposing points; takes every opportunity to mis-direct and mis-inform; and rather than debate the issue, choose to pontificate your views from a soap box.

That's why there's no civil discourse, because you have no intention of debating.

You didn't answer a direct question, that's no answer at all. And if you provided no answer at all, you certainly couldn't do your "best" at it, now can you?

You call me names and ask why there can be no civil discussion. I think you are one reason why there is no civil discussion. :rolleyes: I have done nothing to you that you should call me names.
I didn't call you names. I said the only ones who don't answer direct questions are trolls. That's not calling you a name, that's stating a fact.

You are a perfect example of why there is no civil discourse in this forum. You refuse to have a conversation; insist on playing word games; won't answer direct questions; won't specifically address opposing points; takes every opportunity to mis-direct and mis-inform; and rather than debate the issue, choose to pontificate your views from a soap box.

That's why there's no civil discourse, because you have no intention of debating.

I debated your OP you wanted to introduce irrelevancies which I did answer and then call me names. You called me a troll. This is why there can be no civil discussion, because of the types of things you do.

I debated your OP you wanted to introduce irrelevancies which I did answer and then call me names. You called me a troll. This is why there can be no civil discussion, because of the types of things you do.

Like I said, this whole thread is a joke. The person who started it is the number one cause of why we can't have a civil conversation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back