Why is it ok to burn the Bible but not the quran?

seems like a lot of christians forget that they, muslims and jews all believe in the same god.

No they don't

Christians and Jews believe in the same God, but Jews don't believe the Messiah has come to earth yet and the Christians do (hence the Jews do not believe in the NT where Christians do).

Muslims call their God Allah and if you actually read their Quran, he's NOTHING like the Christian and Jews God. There's some things that are similar, but not much!

You left out a small part.
Christians believe Jews will burn in hell for eternity.

Many Jews have become Christians. But yes, i'm sorry to say that many Jews that do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah by the time he comes back, they will not go to Heaven. God told us that the Jews, like many others, will be blinded and will not accept Jesus.
But, everyone has a chance to accept Him, but many won't.

No they don't

Christians and Jews believe in the same God, but Jews don't believe the Messiah has come to earth yet and the Christians do (hence the Jews do not believe in the NT where Christians do).

Muslims call their God Allah and if you actually read their Quran, he's NOTHING like the Christian and Jews God. There's some things that are similar, but not much!

Many Jews have become Christians. But yes, i'm sorry to say that many Jews that do not believe that Jesus is the Messiah by the time he comes back, they will not go to Heaven. God told us that the Jews, like many others, will be blinded and will not accept Jesus.
that's presupposing that the bible is not a work of fiction. or more accurately a compendium of folktales ,that has been edited so much it bares little resemblance to the original...and there is no director's cut!

No they don't

Shit........Tough break for the Jews

And I guess a billion Hindus won't get in or a billion and a half buddhists or those billion Muslims

The only ones who will get into heaven will be the Christians and the Atheists

And I guess a billion Hindus won't get in or a billion and a half buddhists or those billion Muslims

I don't know about the Hindu's or Buddhists....i've never really looked into their beliefs. In fact, i've tried to find them even mentioned in the Bible and nothing comes up. The Jews are God's chosen....he's going to expect more from them.

I don't know about the Hindu's or Buddhists....i've never really looked into their beliefs. In fact, i've tried to find them even mentioned in the Bible and nothing comes up. The Jews are God's chosen....he's going to expect more from them.

It was God who insisted his son be raised as a Jew

seems like a lot of christians forget that they, muslims and jews all believe in the same god.

No they don't

Not all Christians and I am an example of one of those.

I do not believe ALL Jews will burn in Hell, just as I do not believe that all "Christians" are destined for heaven. I don't know what God's plan is or how he plans to bring it about, but I do know that God said he would never leave nor foresake the Jews. He didn't say that about Christians. I don't believe that God has turned his back on the Jewish people and when push comes to shove, I will allow God to decide whom he invites into Heaven.

Heck you never know, he may even invite you! Wouldn't bother me one bit.

Immie

and nobody can live up to them...and that's a major flaw..
besides everything conceived of by man including religion, is by definition flawed because we are..

It's called faith. something you lack.
assume much?

Definition of FAITH
1a : allegiance to duty or a person : loyalty b (1) : fidelity to one's promises (2) : sincerity of intentions
2a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust
3: something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs <the Protestant faith>

of the three definition of faith the only 1 that is practical is 1a...

THE definition of Faith:

Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Immie

Yes He did....and the Jews condemned Jesus to death. Wouldn't you think He would expect more from them when Jesus returns?

Yes He did....and the Jews condemned Jesus to death. Wouldn't you think He would expect more from them when Jesus returns?

It was the Italians who nailed Jesus to the cross

I really don't care WHO nailed Him to the cross...it was the Jews that condemned him to be there!

Really?

You don't care about those Romans (Italians) who spat on, put thorns in the head and mocked your savior?

That is OK with you as long as you can call the Jews Christ Killers?

I really don't care WHO nailed Him to the cross...it was the Jews that condemned him to be there!

As a Christian, don't you think it was actually God himself that nailed Christ to the cross? If the Bible is true and accurate, and I believe it is, then neither Judas, the Jews nor Pontius Pilate had any say whatsoever in the events of that day.

Immie

No they don't

So they burn in hell for eternity.
So much for freedom of religion.
Fact is the Founders stated we have freedom of religion TO SHOW FIRST HAND IN THE LATE 1700s that NO religion has a higher standard than any other in the affairs of government.
Accordingly, the Christian religion has NO standing of any influence in the government of today PER THE CONSTITUTION.
Damn straight, our FOUNDERS were smart as HELL!

As a Christian, don't you think it was actually God himself that nailed Christ to the cross? If the Bible is true and accurate, and I believe it is, then neither Judas, the Jews nor Pontius Pilate had any say whatsoever in the events of that day.

Immie

Yes...you are right about that, that's the reason Jesus was here. My statement was actually about the choice the Jews made between Barabas and Jesus...they chose to release Barabas and have Jesus crucified. I know that was the plan anyway, but they did make that choice. God knew this was going to happen, as He knows everything that's going to happen.

To the Jews Jesus was not the Messiah. Many still believe that...some have come to realize that He was.

Really?

You don't care about those Romans (Italians) who spat on, put thorns in the head and mocked your savior?

That is OK with you as long as you can call the Jews Christ Killers?

Those Romans who spat on Him and beat him almost to death are Gods to take care of...of course i'm not ok with what they did! I was talking about the Jews that didn't know any better and were actually the ones to condemn him to death...they didn't know the truth.

I'm a supporter of Israel, and i know the Jews are His chosen people. I have no hatred for the Jews, I know they're just blinded to the truth.

Immie

Yes...you are right about that, that's the reason Jesus was here. My statement was actually about the choice the Jews made between Barabas and Jesus...they chose to release Barabas and have Jesus crucified. I know that was the plan anyway, but they did make that choice. God knew this was going to happen, as He knows everything that's going to happen.

To the Jews Jesus was not the Messiah. Many still believe that...some have come to realize that He was.

Not according to the church of Oprah

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM5ILOsHLnw]Oprah Winfrey: Jesus Did Not Come To Die On The Cross - YouTube[/ame]

Wasn't Oprah also a big support of obama?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so1TeFoWMUY]Oprah Winfrey strongly endorses Obama&#39;s campaign at Jaipur Literature Festival in Rajasthan, India - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back