Why is it Necessary to Mislead

What you guys constantly leave out is the cost of the Military, the Troops and the Spook Ops.

Yeah..there is ALOT of misleading going on.

Well nothing to say and the subject of the OP and you don't mind saying it.

What the heck you mean "Nothing to say"?

There is CONSTANT bitching by the right concerning taxes. And, it falls into two categories, taxes being used to "support" folks you don't like; and money being 'confiscated' by the government.

But when you put up some REAL metrics about taxes in relation to the rest of the world you find: A. We are paying less then most folks in Modern Industrialized Nations and B. We spend ALOT less then most countries to help OUR poor.

What we DO spend a great deal of money on..and much more REAL money then the next 11 countries or so, combined, is the Military.

Why?

It's basically to help private corporations exploit the natural resources of other weaker nations.

That essentially what Empires do.

And it's expensive.

The pity is..it's costing people not directly benefiting from the profits of those wealthy corporate interests a great deal to keep the money flowing into their pockets.

no, you fail to understand. it's not just scope. you don't just add or take away zeroes and everything operates the same.

if i cut back on my cable bill i don't also hurt my ability to get a raise at work - but that's how the government budget works.

scope/skoʊp/ Show Spelled [skohp] Show IPA noun, verb, scoped, scop·ing.
noun
1. extent or range of view, outlook, application, operation, effectiveness, etc.: an investigation of wide scope.
2. space for movement or activity; opportunity for operation: to give one's fancy full scope.
3. extent in space; a tract or area.
4. length: a scope of cable.
5. aim or purpose.

so... you're arguing that they are different in scope but are operating under the same rules and constraints?

or am i missing something?

Damn you are stupid.

Go back and read the thread and you will find your answer.

Here let me see if this can help the mentally challenged.

Definition of 'Budget'

An estimation of the revenue and expenses over a specified future period of time. A budget can be made for a person, family, group of people, business, government, country, multinational organization or just about anything else that makes and spends money. A budget is a microeconomic concept that shows the tradeoff made when one good is exchanged for another.

And yet they produce absolutely nothing.

What your saying is they take money from us and spend it to grow the economy.

Well couldn't we just spend OUR money OURSELVES and get the same desired result?

Tell me whan has the private sector ever stopped spending?

I'm the private sector and I spend money everyday of my life and will continue until the day I die.

If you're talking about corporations sitting on their money, well blame the liberal government for that.

Four years and NO BUDGET??

And they think they can manage my money better?

PUHLEASE!!

Tax cuts can work to jump start the economy, can, but not always. The poor who receive tax refunds do a great job of feeding that money right back into the markets. Everyone else has a tendency to horde, not spend. If you look at the jobs numbers you can see that the private sector is adding but the public one is shrinking, which is a serious drag on the economy.

The poor doesn't pay federal taxes. Hell 47 percent of Americans don't pay federal income tax.

You want to know the facts? In California there are damn near more people living off the government than there are people working. How long do you think that can go on?

That's bullshit.

scope/skoʊp/ Show Spelled [skohp] Show IPA noun, verb, scoped, scop·ing.
noun
1. extent or range of view, outlook, application, operation, effectiveness, etc.: an investigation of wide scope.
2. space for movement or activity; opportunity for operation: to give one's fancy full scope.
3. extent in space; a tract or area.
4. length: a scope of cable.
5. aim or purpose.

so... you're arguing that they are different in scope but are operating under the same rules and constraints?

Damn you are stupid.

Definition of 'Budget'

An estimation of the revenue and expenses over a specified future period of time. A budget can be made for a person, family, group of people, business, government, country, multinational organization or just about anything else that makes and spends money. A budget is a microeconomic concept that shows the tradeoff made when one good is exchanged for another.

so you acknowledge that there are circumstances where running a deficit can be beneficial and where government spending can spur economic activity?

Tax cuts can work to jump start the economy, can, but not always. The poor who receive tax refunds do a great job of feeding that money right back into the markets. Everyone else has a tendency to horde, not spend. If you look at the jobs numbers you can see that the private sector is adding but the public one is shrinking, which is a serious drag on the economy.

The poor doesn't pay federal taxes. Hell 47 percent of Americans don't pay federal income tax.

You want to know the facts? In California there are damn near more people living off the government than there are people working. How long do you think that can go on?

That's bullshit.

Of course it. But bullshit rolls of the tongue of UnConservatives like water off a duck's back.

Last edited:

Damn you are stupid.

Definition of 'Budget'

so you acknowledge that there are circumstances where running a deficit can be beneficial and where government spending can spur economic activity?

Deficits can be helpful or harmful, depending on the circumstances.

I think private sector spending is better than government spending in spurring economic growth. Think about it, the government is spending money they basically take from us. Let us keep our money and spend it ourselves. Corporations would spend more of their own money if there wasn't a veil of uncertainty in our government.

That's bullshit.

Of course it. But bullshit rolls of the tongue of UnConservatives like water off a duck's back.

Welfare in California
34%
Of the nation’s welfare recipients live in California but only …
12%
… of the U.S. population resides here.

California is third among states in per-capita spending on welfare:
$179

New York leads the nation:
$256

Idaho is at the bottom:
$17

welfare-in-states.jpg

Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall, Which State Has the Biggest Welfare Benefits of All?

Ok once again for you idiot liberals I acknowledged a difference.

You are not a conservative, only a mere reactionary, whose opinion is immaterial. I am not a liberal, and I make a very valid point: a family budget is a much different KIND of animal than a government budget. For that matter, so is a corporate budget.

Who informed you that you had a point on this? You are flabulating, nothing more.

Yes you're a liberal. Deny it all you want. But you can't hide it. I acknowledged a difference you moron!

You are not a conservative, only a moron reactionary fascist, who thinks stupidly I am a liberal.

You are fail here, runaway.

You are not a conservative, only a mere reactionary, whose opinion is immaterial. I am not a liberal, and I make a very valid point: a family budget is a much different KIND of animal than a government budget. For that matter, so is a corporate budget.

Who informed you that you had a point on this? You are flabulating, nothing more.

Yes you're a liberal. Deny it all you want. But you can't hide it. I acknowledged a difference you moron!

You are not a conservative, only a moron reactionary fascist, who thinks stupidly I am a liberal.

Sorry but I am a conservative. Always have been and always will be.

And you are a liberal. But hey, don't sweat it. You're not the only one here that's too ashamed to admit it.

That's bullshit.

Welfare in California
34%
12%

$179

$256

Idaho is at the bottom:
$17

welfare-in-states.jpg

Mirror, Mirror, On the Wall, Which State Has the Biggest Welfare Benefits of All?

Mind showing us where 1/3rd of all welfare recipients live in California? Your source does not mention it, which leaves our source as you, which since you are an admitted reactionary fascist, and thus unacceptable as a source. You know that, shameless.

Sorry but I am a conservative. Always have been and always will be.

And you are a liberal. But hey, don't sweat it. You're not the only one here that's too ashamed to admit it.

Like all reactionary fascists, you keep up the Big Lie. Like the one I caught you in above.

That's bullshit.

Welfare in California
34%
12%

$179

$256

Idaho is at the bottom:
$17

welfare-in-states.jpg

what do you think you posted a map of?

Why do some think it's good that some governments take nearly half of a person's wages? Is that the new liberal measure for a great country- how badly the governments rob their people? They act as if letting people keep more of what they earn is a bad thing.

So now our taxes are supposed to be based on what the rest of the world pays? Fuck the rest of the world. Maybe we should compare the amounts of foreign aid the other country's pay and require they all match the U.S.A. Fuck them all!

Source is today's front page, which only includes FIT rates. It is difficult to get comparable overall statistics, since we have many more taxes and fees, especially at the state and local levels, than do most other countries. Just take a look at your telephone bill.

Well, all countries are like that -- they have other taxes on top of the income tax. And while it is difficult to compare the impact of individual taxes, we can just look at the bottom line:

The-Numbers-Jan-2012-International_1.gif

And, BTW, 5% of the US GDP is 800 billion -- if we collect that much in additional taxes we would still be below the OECD average.

The graph is misleading in two parts, one because it does not eliminate the differences in what you get for your tax dollars, and two, an higher tax per GDP can indicate a stagnant or inifficent economy, and does not indicate the efficiency of the taxation.
It also does not show which of those countries is ALSO a superpower like the United States.

Oops.....

So now our taxes are supposed to be based on what the rest of the world pays? Fuck the rest of the world. Maybe we should compare the amounts of foreign aid the other country's pay and require they all match the U.S.A. Fuck them all!

Who said that, cutter? Why are you exhibiting deranged thinking?

Well, all countries are like that -- they have other taxes on top of the income tax. And while it is difficult to compare the impact of individual taxes, we can just look at the bottom line:

The-Numbers-Jan-2012-International_1.gif

And, BTW, 5% of the US GDP is 800 billion -- if we collect that much in additional taxes we would still be below the OECD average.

The graph is misleading in two parts, one because it does not eliminate the differences in what you get for your tax dollars, and two, an higher tax per GDP can indicate a stagnant or inifficent economy, and does not indicate the efficiency of the taxation.
It also does not show which of those countries is ALSO a superpower like the United States.

Oops.....

We are a superpower, a broke superpower and we don't owe the world anything. We need to take care of our own responsibilities and tell the rest of the world to pound sand.

What you guys constantly leave out is the cost of the Military, the Troops and the Spook Ops.

Yeah..there is ALOT of misleading going on.

Of course we can always dsiarm like Carthagians, or Great Britain did and then allow our enemies overwhelm us. As history has shown Carthage was destroyed never to rise again. Britain was nearly overrun but for the assistance given to them by America.

Aah, as Neville Chamberlain and now Oblamer tells us, "Peace In Our Time".

Who said that, cutter? Why are you exhibiting deranged thinking?

Then why the chart showing how little we pay compared to the rest of the world unless it's to say we don't pay nearly enough compared to everyone else? I hate this one world shit and were all supposed to have "shared sacrifice" Screw the other country's let them tax their population to poverty if they will put up with it. We won't.

Forum List

Back