Why Testing Should Be Required To Vote

Why should knowing first amendment rights have anything to do with you knowing which candidate best represents your interests and points of view?

Why should knowing first amendment rights have anything to do with you knowing which candidate best represents your interests and points of view?

That's one of the stupidest - maybe THE stupidest - questions I have seen asked on this board to date, and I have neither time or motivation to give you remedial history and civics lessons.

That's one of the stupidest - maybe THE stupidest - questions I have seen asked on this board to date, and I have neither time or motivation to give you remedial history and civics lessons.
He gets paid to post that moronic progtard garbage here.

You failed to answer a basic question

Why should knowledge of facts that have nothing to do with your voting decision have anything to do with your ability to vote?

Hint.......this was resolved 50 years ago

You failed to answer a basic question

You lack the elementary background, and I charge for lessons.

Why can't you answer a simple question?

Why should not knowing about freedom of religion prevent you from voting for a candidate who will help your community the most?

It's your thread....why are you running away so soon?

Aw, it's just RW and his agit-prop.

Pay him no mind.

This is a double edged sword in our society today.

We all want the right to vote, I don't want to take anyone's vote from them any more than I would want someone to take my vote from me.

I would hope the person voting was basing the vote on informed judgement, not some party line or hate / cultural perceptions.

Unfortunately in our society any test will be deemed as racism by some class or group of the populace.

Therefore the only way to keep all happy would be to let all vote.

Given that conservatives are wrong on almost every issue, why should they be allowed to vote?

^ This

Voting is a responsibility, it shouldn't be handed out to everybody.

Wrong....conservatives should be allowed to vote regardless of their lack of knowledge

Wrong....conservatives should be allowed to vote regardless of their lack of knowledge

Why not?

Democrats have been doing it for decades

Here's a test question to see if you should vote: Are you a financial support or drain on America?

I posted a thread on this in May - Voting Privileges System Needed US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The thesis is that only those who financially support our country (in any give year) should be permitted to vote. This doesn't require any specific knowledge of American history or current events, but if you are making money and paying your taxes it means that you must know something.

Here's a test question to see if you should vote: Are you a financial support or drain on America?

I posted a thread on this in May - Voting Privileges System Needed US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The thesis is that only those who financially support our country (in any give year) should be permitted to vote. This doesn't require any specific knowledge of American history or current events, but if you are making money and paying your taxes it means that you must know something.

I could get behind this ..............

Let's extend this one step farther, only those who work legally for the full 4 yr period get to vote in presidential elections.

Well we all know who represents your interest and point of view RW

Bozo Show 1987:

I could get behind this ..............

Let's extend this one step farther, only those who work legally for the full 4 yr period get to vote in presidential elections.

and retirees?

Are they allowed to vote?

^ This

Voting is a responsibility, it shouldn't be handed out to everybody.

Why not?

Democrats have been doing it for decades
Conservatives have demonstrated positions that are harmful to society. Why should they be allowed to vote?

Forum List

Back