Why is Iran building a fake US Carrier?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Why is Iran building giant mock-up of U.S. aircraft carrier? ? CNN Security Clearance - CNN.com Blogs

Commercial satellite images obtained by CNN reveal that Iran is constructing a large-scale replica of a U.S. military aircraft carrier, complete with fake U.S-style airplanes, near the southern port city of Bandar Abbas.

The mock supercarrier seems to have been modeled off of an American Nimitz-class (CVN 68) carrier, down to the number "68" painted on the flight deck, though its intended use remains a mystery.

According to one U.S. official, the mock-up is more akin to a Hollywood set than an actual warship.

Last edited:
The same official told CNN's Barbara Starr that while the purpose of the fake carrier is unknown, Iran may be planning to destroy it in a propaganda move. The Iranian government has blown up target barges in the past and aired the footage on its state-run media..

I'll bet they are building this mock carrier just to blow it up and then take credit for blowing up a U.S. carrier. We already know it's a fake, I guess however the Iranians just don't seem to care.

On Thursday, in a message to the Iranian people to commemorate the Persian new year, President Barack Obama said he is "committed to diplomacy" with their country.

Sure, diplomacy with a country that honors and sponsors Hezbollah terrorists. Not to mention Iran previously calling for the destruction of Israel. Some mighty fine company we are engaged in diplomacy with.

There's a fair chance it's a target for their navy and air force but, if I really wanted to hide something from the Americans, I'd put it where they could see it and make it as confusing as possible.

I couple of numbers in white paint seem to be really fucking up the Americans and Israelis.

Probably a backdrop for when Obama, our Phony President, visits them and congratulates them for completing their nuclear weapons program

It is a sound stage for an Iranian version of a Bollywood musical.

Last edited:
Seems if you wanted a carrier for target practice you wouldn't need it to be so realistic

Maybe it is for propaganda purposes where they can claim they blew it up, but it wouldn't have to be life sized

practice practice practice

If they think there will be war, they know their navy won't be able to go toe to toe, so practice taking over ships with boarding parties.

Their navy, mostly within a couple of hundred miles of their coast, would be no match for the vastly superior American attacking force, 6,000 miles off the American coast.

Why is the USA building a fake Presidency

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

practice practice practice

If they think there will be war, they know their navy won't be able to go toe to toe, so practice taking over ships with boarding parties.

Their navy, mostly within a couple of hundred miles of their coast, would be no match for the vastly superior American attacking force, 6,000 miles off the American coast.

and that's why you practice with small boarding parties.

Just keep telling the men that they can pull it off, and many will buy into it.

All they would have to do is kill off the Marines, if there are any, once that's done, the sailors, well :lol: our weapons training is comical.

It's not a secret so it must be propaganda. Iran knows it is dealing with another Jimmie Carter and the intent is intimidation of the Obama administration.

Forum List

Back