Why is Heaven so desirable to so many...

Sure he made that claim and wielded the power, Rosie. Your problem is that there are more than 24,000 written manuscripts which argue against your conspiracy theory.
Sure he made that claim and wielded the power, Rosie. Your problem is that there are more than 24,000 written manuscripts which argue against your conspiracy theory.

Josephus Flavius HAD POWER? Just what power did Josephus Flavius have in
your fevered delirium?. Just what is my "conspiracy theory"? I had no idea---
KING JOSEPHUS dingbat imagines that Josephus was JULIUS CAESAR.
For the record-----Josephus Flavius had no power at all in Judea or in Rome----he was---technically-----enslaved to the "flavius" family. He was very scholarly and wrote
books detailing the history of his time. His works are highly regarded-----try it sometime-----dingy. Maybe dingy finds it remarkable that he was LITERATE --
way back then------
That the 24,000 written manuscripts are false. That Christianity is a fabrication.

are you claiming that Josephus Flavius claimed that 24,000 written manuscripts are
false? Nope-----he does not mention 24,000 written manuscripts and he does
not mention Jesus or Christianity. He was first century---born 37 CE
No. I am claiming you do.

there are a lot more than 24,000 false documents
Thanks for proving my point that you believe there is a far reaching and grand conspiracy.

Josephus Flavius HAD POWER? Just what power did Josephus Flavius have in
your fevered delirium?. Just what is my "conspiracy theory"? I had no idea---
KING JOSEPHUS dingbat imagines that Josephus was JULIUS CAESAR.
For the record-----Josephus Flavius had no power at all in Judea or in Rome----he was---technically-----enslaved to the "flavius" family. He was very scholarly and wrote
books detailing the history of his time. His works are highly regarded-----try it sometime-----dingy. Maybe dingy finds it remarkable that he was LITERATE --
way back then------
That the 24,000 written manuscripts are false. That Christianity is a fabrication.

are you claiming that Josephus Flavius claimed that 24,000 written manuscripts are

Thanks for proving my point that you believe there is a far reaching and grand conspiracy.

where do you see "grand conspiracy" in my comment?-----I will expand
on my comment-----There are MILLIONS of false documents. No matter
how many times the story of Athena being born from the head of Zeus----
ie no matter how many documents-------that number of documents does not
MAKE IT TRUE

there are no artifacts or writings by the primary personage their book, bible of forgeries revolves around and no documents etched in stone of historical significance by 3rd parties in corroboration to the events of the 1st century of a religious nature as collated in the 4th century.

they have written a political document disguised as a religion that in the 1st century was a political, revolutionary event and that Jesus in the very least believed in the Spoken Religion of Antiquity and not one put to script.

there are no artifacts or writings by the primary personage their book, bible of forgeries revolves around and no documents etched in stone of historical significance by 3rd parties in corroboration to the events of the 1st century of a religious nature as collated in the 4th century.

they have written a political document disguised as a religion that in the 1st century was a political, revolutionary event and that Jesus in the very least believed in the Spoken Religion of Antiquity and not one put to script.

Huh? I read the NT------the most I can glean as to the "BELIEFS
OF JESUS"--------is that he had a very clear grasp of the written religion of
his time in the land called JUDEA by the romans. Some of the posthumous writers seemed confused.

his time in the land called JUDEA by the romans. Some of the posthumous writers seemed confused.
- is that he had a very clear grasp of the written religion of
his time in the land called JUDEA by the romans.

are you certain of that in the 1st century because in the 21st century I would fathom over 90% of participants in the desert religion beliefs are verbal and haven't a clue to what is actually written and interpret the spoken religion through their own experiences - the awfulness of those religions stems from those that do read the text and try to influence others by the falsehoods they have read.

the tragedy of Jesus was self induced in the microcosm that became an epic adventure is their true claim for fame whether political or religious and is a bearing point in history irregardless of anything else - the Religion of Antiquity is not bound by any being. is the most egregious mistake of the 4th century.

- is that he had a very clear grasp of the written religion of
his time in the land called JUDEA by the romans.

are you certain of that in the 1st century because in the 21st century I would fathom over 90% of participants in the desert religion beliefs are verbal and haven't a clue to what is actually written and interpret the spoken religion through their own experiences - the awfulness of those religions stems from those that do read the text and try to influence others by the falsehoods they have read.

the tragedy of Jesus was self induced in the microcosm that became an epic adventure is their true claim for fame whether political or religious and is a bearing point in history irregardless of anything else - the Religion of Antiquity is not bound by any being. is the most egregious mistake of the 4th century.

you are confusing fifth century BRITANNIA with first century Judea.
------ARE you of a WASPY background?

not sure, is there ever a period in history including the 1st where good triumphed over evil, its been all makebelieve with sugar coating that there was ever a period of actual prosperity, freely being oneself ... except for mindless WASP's that ruin it for everyone else and who end up dying lonely. - bing.

not sure, is there ever a period in history including the 1st where good triumphed over evil, its been all makebelieve with sugar coating that there was ever a period of actual prosperity, freely being oneself ... except for mindless WASP's that ruin it for everyone else and who end up dying lonely. - bing.

are you afraid to "defend" your idiot post #145 in which in your remarkable
ignorance you described the RELIGION OF JESUS as some sort of oral
story teller mumbo jumbo like the religion of your blue painted
ancestors? ------and also intimate that Jesus was an unlettered sand monkey? What is THE 1st <period of history> ?? Since you know
nothing about that time, why do you comment

you described the RELIGION OF JESUS as some sort of oral
ancestors?

the spoken religion of Antiquity has carried through the centuries despite your books of forgeries and self gratifications and was the only means used by the 1st centuries primary participant through dialogue nor is there any physical artifacts pertaining to written scriptures in existence with regards to establishing the true path to the Everlasting.

the recorded history for the written desert religion documents and their uninterrupted campaigns of persecution and victimization is all that is necessary for an honest individual in search of the Truth to find it elsewhere than where it does not exist.

ancestors?

the spoken religion of Antiquity has carried through the centuries despite your books of forgeries and self gratifications and was the only means used by the 1st centuries primary participant through dialogue nor is there any physical artifacts pertaining to written scriptures in existence with regards to establishing the true path to the Everlasting.

the recorded history for the written desert religion documents and their uninterrupted campaigns of persecution and victimization is all that is necessary for an honest individual in search of the Truth to find it elsewhere than where it does not exist.

you are babbling. try to be specific. Are you insisting that the Ramayana is a "forgery"? the Odyssey?

MAKE IT TRUE
The account of Athena was not a historical event. The account of Jesus is.

MAKE IT TRUE
The account of Athena was not a historical event. The account of Jesus is.[/QUOTE

LOL

ancestors?

you are babbling. try to be specific. Are you insisting that the Ramayana is a "forgery"? the Odyssey?

a forgery is when an attributed statement is rewritten to alter its meaning, etc. - you obviously lost track of the conversation concerning written religious documents in contrast to their spoken origin and the written versions duplicity in meaning ...

I read the NT

- not a surprising development having been corrupted yourself.

ancestors?

a forgery is when an attributed statement is rewritten to alter its meaning, etc. - you obviously lost track of the conversation concerning written religious documents in contrast to their spoken origin and the written versions duplicity in meaning ...

I read the NT

- not a surprising development having been corrupted yourself.

oh-----is THAT what you are calling a forgery?. I would not take some of the stuff in the NT as forgery------more like roman propaganda

I'll choose where the actual Creator of all has made and deal with it.

There is no Valhalla. There is only heaven.

From what I gather, there is no sex either
BOOOOOO!!!

This thread reminds me of this quote, by C.S Lewis:

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory​

I'll choose where the actual Creator of all has made and deal with it.

There is no Valhalla. There is only heaven.

From what I gather, there is no sex either
BOOOOOO!!!

This thread reminds me of this quote, by C.S Lewis:

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory​
So, what is so great about heaven?

No living person knows

So, what is so great about heaven?

No living person knows

By definition, Heaven is the dwelling place of God. God is the source of everything good – Truth, love, beauty, justice, wisdom, etc. Heaven is a place where everything is the way it's supposed to be… as opposed to this messed up world we are currently in.

You may not be a believer… But do you love those things? Because if you do, then you actually love God, without even realizing it. :)

The 24,000 written manuscripts really sticks in your craw.

they do not impress me at all As a child, I read HUNDREDS of superman, batman, spiderman etc etc -----comic books
If Christianity is a fairytale then Judaism is a fairytale and your people are murdering thieves who stole their land. Are your people murdering thieves who stole their land?

Forum List

Back