Why is Christianity more pronounced in the U.S. than the rest of Western society?

It is not written in stone as to the exact date.
I used that date because it was toward the end of the dinosaur period and add that with the Septuagint that mentions the large lizards.
No most of science does go along with the Bible.
Nope. Which does not require a belief in or not for salvation. In my opinion.

I totally agree with you.
A guy in Sunday School yesterday was going on about having to believe every word in the Bible as literal. I asked him how was that different than believing in Moses and the Prophets in Luke 16? Some folks just have trouble accepting the right hand of fellowship in Christ. You don't, I don't, and imo that is what Jesus wants.
You still go to Sunday school? :lmao:

Of course. At our church, people in their 60s have a Sunday School class.

Intelligent people never stop learning. The people who stop learning, end up dinosaur destined for extinction. That's what being closed minded is all about. "I know all there is to know, and I don't need to know anymore"... closed to new information.
Nothing new to learn about the bible, maybe it's an Alzheimer's class for people who are starting to forget their myths.

So how did Noah get marsupials from Australia and back again?

Noah's Flood happened before the land mass (Pangaea) divided.
Pangaea divided during Peleg's time in Genesis 10:25.
25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided ; and his brother's name was Joktan.
Noah was the 10th generation from Adam, and Peleg was the 5th generation from Noah.
Pangaea came together around 300 million years ago and started to break up 125 million years later. No humans around back then. Please try again.

More than likely around 66 million years ago during the age of reptiles.
The Septuagint mentions the large reptiles.
If there was no humans, how did they know about it and write about it?

Dinosaurs were not reptiles.

I am talking about the time that Genesis was written - 1450 to 1410B.C.
Not what we know today.
Not all
Dinosaurs are reptiles (as are turtles, lizards, snakes, and crocodylians with birds and dinosaurs once removed). Mammals branched off from reptiles around the same time as dinosaurs.
So mammals EVOLVED from reptiles!!!! :eek: You are to be nailed to a piece of wood in a diaper (like Jesus) for heresy!

Nope. Which does not require a belief in or not for salvation. In my opinion.

A guy in Sunday School yesterday was going on about having to believe every word in the Bible as literal. I asked him how was that different than believing in Moses and the Prophets in Luke 16? Some folks just have trouble accepting the right hand of fellowship in Christ. You don't, I don't, and imo that is what Jesus wants.

Intelligent people never stop learning. The people who stop learning, end up dinosaur destined for extinction. That's what being closed minded is all about. "I know all there is to know, and I don't need to know anymore"... closed to new information.
Nothing new to learn about the bible, maybe it's an Alzheimer's class for people who are starting to forget their myths.

How do you know? Have you read the Bible?

Yes.
:thanks:

Yes.

Reading it as a Christian (instead of with a critical, atheistic eye) makes a difference.
Also, researching archaeology and historical fact that supports events in the Bible might change your viewpoint a bit......
Lastly, researching the origin of the words in the Bible (from the Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic) so you get the TRUE meaning of many things in the Bible is helpful as well....

But, it will still mean nothing unless you have an open mind and heart toward the everlasting God.

Last edited:
Noah's Flood happened before the land mass (Pangaea) divided.
Pangaea divided during Peleg's time in Genesis 10:25.
25 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided ; and his brother's name was Joktan.
Noah was the 10th generation from Adam, and Peleg was the 5th generation from Noah.
Pangaea came together around 300 million years ago and started to break up 125 million years later. No humans around back then. Please try again.

Not what we know today.
Not all
Dinosaurs are reptiles (as are turtles, lizards, snakes, and crocodylians with birds and dinosaurs once removed). Mammals branched off from reptiles around the same time as dinosaurs.
So mammals EVOLVED from reptiles!!!! :eek: You are to be nailed to a piece of wood in a diaper (like Jesus) for heresy!

No wonder you can't learn anything, you have no reading comprehension what so ever.
That is not what I said.
Do you see the word evolved?
I said BRANCHED off.
Dinosaur Extinction Spurred Rise of Modern Mammals, Study Says
The asteroid that finished off the dinosaurs 65 million years ago opened up niches for the majority of today's living mammals, according to a new study.

Yes.

Reading it as a Christian (instead of with a critical, atheistic eye) makes a difference.
Also, researching archaeology and historical fact that supports events in the Bible might change your viewpoint a bit......
Lastly, researching the origin of the words in the Bible (from the Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic) so you get the TRUE meaning of many things in the Bible is helpful as well....

But, it will still mean nothing unless you have an open mind and heart toward the everlasting God.
None of the big things in the bible can be proven: Naoh and his flood, burning bush, walking on water... I have an open mind but open to things that makes sense. I'm agnostic, I see no proof either way for or against the possibility of a god and am open to changing my mind either way given real proof. Can't be any fairer than that.

Not what we know today.
Not all

No wonder you can't learn anything, you have no reading comprehension what so ever.
That is not what I said.
I said BRANCHED off.
The asteroid that finished off the dinosaurs 65 million years ago opened up niches for the majority of today's living mammals, according to a new study.
Branched off means evolved. Evolution is not part of Christianity. You are hereby excommunicated. Keep it up and the wood, diaper and nails are coming out next. :eek:

Your hostility, Taz, does not reflect agnosticim but rather a militant atheism, an anti-God'ism, as evidenced by the post above.

Good religionists are as dedicated to stamping out bad religionism in public as anti-God'ism in public. To be free of religion is equated with being free of anti-religion in the public square.

Yes.

None of the big things in the bible can be proven: Naoh and his flood, burning bush, walking on water... I have an open mind but open to things that makes sense. I'm agnostic, I see no proof either way for or against the possibility of a god and am open to changing my mind either way given real proof. Can't be any fairer than that.

Actually, Noah and the flood can be proven. But belief in God is not like something you just "go with" because of evidence. God draws you to him and reveals things to you ... opens your eyes ... but you have to be truly receptive. I'm not an Evangelist or teacher (JakeStarkey - I remember....) , only a witness

Your hostility, Taz, does not reflect agnosticim but rather a militant atheism, an anti-God'ism.
I've never said that god wasn't possible. I'm just calling these theists on their bullshit. Most of them are confused about their own beliefs.

Yes.

Actually, Noah and the flood can be proven. But belief in God is not like something you just "go with" because of evidence. God draws you to him and reveals things to you ... opens your eyes ... but you have to be truly receptive. I'm not an Evangelist or teacher (JakeStarkey - I remember....) , only a witness
How can Noah and the flood be proven? Geologists have looked for a worldwide layer of sediment... left over from that flood and found nothing. What have you got?

Yes.

How can Noah and the flood be proven? Geologists have looked for a worldwide layer of sediment... left over from that flood and found nothing. What have you got?

I'm no expert and don't claim to have full knowledge so I need to be careful... I believe the Bible literally in every regard, and, again, I would not be the person you would talk to about this if you want to go deep. Here is an article for your consideration....

New Evidence Suggests Biblical Great Flood Happened

Yes.

This is a system within a system. You can never prove but you could gather evidence that this system is within a bigger system that works on a completely different set of rules. You could presumably get to a point of beyond reasonable doubt. Which I think is rather easy with a little effort. (Just because Peach is a little scientifically challenged does not disprove God, only our public education system.)

I'm no expert and don't claim to have full knowledge so I need to be careful... I believe the Bible literally in every regard, and, again, I would not be the person you would talk to about this if you want to go deep. Here is an article for your consideration....

New Evidence Suggests Biblical Great Flood Happened
Can a person literally describe the color yellow?

Not what we know today.
Not all

That is not what I said.
I said BRANCHED off.
Branched off means evolved. Evolution is not part of Christianity. You are hereby excommunicated. Keep it up and the wood, diaper and nails are coming out next. :eek:

You are very wrong and are assuming much.
You very closed minded.
Can Christians Believe in Evolution?
Read the article that Christians can and many do accept Evolution.
We see it happing right now in Alaska where they have found Polar Bears and Grizzly Bears mating and a new species of Bear is evolving.
Grizzlies, polar bears interbreeding, DNA test shows | Toronto Star
As the ice melts they are becoming a different type of bear that can survive their changing climate.

Not what we know today.
Not all

That is not what I said.
I said BRANCHED off.

You are very wrong and are assuming much.
You very closed minded.
Can Christians Believe in Evolution?
Read the article that Christians can and many do accept Evolution.
We see it happing right now in Alaska where they have found Polar Bears and Grizzly Bears mating and a new species of Bear is evolving.
Grizzlies, polar bears interbreeding, DNA test shows | Toronto Star
As the ice melts they are becoming a different type of bear that can survive their changing climate.
So you agree that humans evolved from apes? That goes against the story of Genesis. :eek:

Yes.

This is a system within a system. You can never prove but you could gather evidence that this system is within a bigger system that works on a completely different set of rules. You could presumably get to a point of beyond reasonable doubt. Which I think is rather easy with a little effort. (Just because Peach is a little scientifically challenged does not disprove God, only our public education system.)
Your god isn't past the point of reasonable doubt yet.

Forum List

Back