Debate Now Why Is Being "Politically Correct" A Bad Thing To Some People?

It appears that on some level they know that they ideology and policies are wrong and that they CANNOT be defended honestly.
Bingo. And that's my problem with them, aside from the nastiness. Look, I agree with the Left (or at least disagree with the Right) on a majority of the issues, but your point is the one I can't get past. If a person feels they have to lie to make a point (and the denial of and obtuseness about PC are great examples), then it's not a stretch to wonder if the point is invalid.

I think I can be honest and "win" (whatever that may mean) more than my share of the debates. Lying is a sign of weakness, and my guess is the nastiness is a method of covering that weakness up.

Regardless, I'm under no obligation to enable such behavior.

Last edited:
quarles-obsession-meme1.jpg

I am "conflating" nothing.

but pc is a loaded term which is often conveniently conflated to defend vile things which you disregard

that is a fact which has nothing to do with you

You claimed I was "conflating" something.

what part of 'a fact that has nothing to do with you' do you not understand...? :itsok:

I have repeatedly told you that I do not consider semantic games to be an excuse for your lib behavior.

Save it for Ben Novak.

“Are you aware that the term ‘anchor baby’ — that’s an offensive term. People find that hurtful,” Llamas said to Trump.

“You mean it’s not politically correct and yet everybody uses it?” Trump responded, adding that he would continue to use the term.

In this Trump is following the lead of Dr. Ben Carson, whose campaign is basically a comprehensive attack on everything “politically correct,” including dumb elitist inhibitions on torturing people. As I observed back in February:

If you are new to Carson’s act, you may not realize his whole shtick is a crusade against “political correctness,” a term he uses constantly and eccentrically to turn, well, basically, any disagreement with his faith in various right-wing conspiracy theories into instruments of totalitarian repression. Do you mock the Benghazi! or IRS “scandals?” Then by definition you are using “political correctness” to curb the free-speech rights of the real Americans who know threats to their freedom when they see them, without all that fancy-dan Ivy League stuff about evidence.

No, it doesn’t make much sense, but it seems to work well with Carson’s core audience. His inflated idea of “PC” takes the raw Palinesque hostility to “elite” attitudes and raises it to the level of a hermeneutical principle.

And so I guess it’s not surprising that he’d regard the idea of “rules for war” as another pointy-heady imposition on the healthy kill-em-all-and-let-God-sort-em-out instincts of the citizenry.

The proudly defiant use of “anchor babies” by Trump, Bobby Jindal (who also scoffed at the “political correctness” of those who don’t like the term), and most ominously, even Jeb Bush, is a sign that the Carson virus is really spreading.

Opposing “political correctness” has become a carte blanche excuse for being deliberate offensive, abusive, or even bigoted; it’s precisely the kind of unreasoning categorical “framing” that critics of “political correctness” complain about. Any day now, I expect to hear a spouse-beater whine that he’s being persecuted for not being politically correct. We’ll be lucky if “anchor babies” is the worst expression this strange attitude is used to defend.

“Politically Incorrect” is the Politically Correct Term for Being Offensive

Why Is Being "Politically Correct" A Bad Thing To Some People?

Is this supposed to be the example of "vile things" that get excused?

There is nothing "vile" about discussing the tactic of Anchor Babies.

There is nothing vile about wanting to stop this loophole that is used by illegals.

When Trump responded to that question with " You mean it’s not politically correct and yet everybody uses it" He was dismissing the idea that the word is actually offensive and that he should be concerned about bullshit that his critics bring up to distract from his very relevant position.

“Are you aware that the term ‘anchor baby’ — that’s an offensive term. People find that hurtful,” Llamas said to Trump.

“You mean it’s not politically correct and yet everybody uses it?” Trump responded, adding that he would continue to use the term.

In this Trump is following the lead of Dr. Ben Carson, whose campaign is basically a comprehensive attack on everything “politically correct,” including dumb elitist inhibitions on torturing people. As I observed back in February:

If you are new to Carson’s act, you may not realize his whole shtick is a crusade against “political correctness,” a term he uses constantly and eccentrically to turn, well, basically, any disagreement with his faith in various right-wing conspiracy theories into instruments of totalitarian repression. Do you mock the Benghazi! or IRS “scandals?” Then by definition you are using “political correctness” to curb the free-speech rights of the real Americans who know threats to their freedom when they see them, without all that fancy-dan Ivy League stuff about evidence.

No, it doesn’t make much sense, but it seems to work well with Carson’s core audience. His inflated idea of “PC” takes the raw Palinesque hostility to “elite” attitudes and raises it to the level of a hermeneutical principle.

And so I guess it’s not surprising that he’d regard the idea of “rules for war” as another pointy-heady imposition on the healthy kill-em-all-and-let-God-sort-em-out instincts of the citizenry.

The proudly defiant use of “anchor babies” by Trump, Bobby Jindal (who also scoffed at the “political correctness” of those who don’t like the term), and most ominously, even Jeb Bush, is a sign that the Carson virus is really spreading.

Opposing “political correctness” has become a carte blanche excuse for being deliberate offensive, abusive, or even bigoted; it’s precisely the kind of unreasoning categorical “framing” that critics of “political correctness” complain about. Any day now, I expect to hear a spouse-beater whine that he’s being persecuted for not being politically correct. We’ll be lucky if “anchor babies” is the worst expression this strange attitude is used to defend.

Huh. Well, gay people can get married now so I guess they need another bogey man to rail against. Imagine if they put all that outrage to a good use instead.

It's all but certain that no black person, regardless of whether they use the "N-word," truly believes that blacks are inferior in any dimension because they are black.

Surely you jest.

Actually, no, I don't, and unless you are being semantic about it, which unless you are you are, I don't see why you'd think I am kidding. The fact is that I did write "no" rather than something like "most" or "nearly all," so sure "no black person" may not be accurate because it requires 100% compliance. It may be that there are some very small number of blacks who think blacks on the whole are inferior because they are black, but I very seriously doubt that there are enough black folks who feel that way to cite them as representative of the race.

Then it's time for them to ignore the N word and move on and quit acting like it cuts them to the quick.
You are subscribing to the logical fallcy known as the sticks and stones argument. Again science has proven that your brains reaction to any threat is the same as your reaction to a physical threat. Its physically harmful to be in a constant state of readiness. Short of cutting off your sensory input how does one un-hear or un-see something? Of course I am assuming you have the ability to answer this without deflecting.

Ya you fucked up again by assuming things. It really hurts me when you do that.

Get over it....... Or make an appointment with a shrink......... :eusa_whistle:

Huh. Well, gay people can get married now so I guess they need another bogey man to rail against. Imagine if they put all that outrage to a good use instead.
Val must be an Anchor Baby......

Besides that post, particularly the last paragraph (Opposing "political correctness") is a classic case of deflective chicanery at worse, moronic misinterpretation/misrepresentation at best . :thup:

Besides that post, particularly the last paragraph (Opposing "political correctness") is a classic case of deflective chicanery at worse, moronic misinterpretation/misrepresentation at best . :thup:
Maybe you miss all the posts by "conservatives" on the forum or never tune in to Trump?

Maybe you miss all the posts by "conservatives" on the forum or never tune in to Trump?
Nah, I've seen and heard them as well as the left's use of the term to politically and socially demonize their opposition......... :eusa_whistle:

Nah, I've seen and heard them as well as the left's use of the term to politically and socially demonize their opposition......... :eusa_whistle:
Could you give some examples?

Just wanted to add a couple of new links to my ever-growing list of honest liberals who admit that PC has gone too far, AND WHAT IT CAUSES, two from President Obama.

No doubt that, somehow, none of the PC Police will "see" this list, again:

Last edited:

Silly Ringel. That's like calling someone a racist because they pointed out racism.

Silly Ringel. That's like calling someone a racist because they pointed out racism.
Silly Ravi, you're buying the spin hook, line and sinker because it suits your bias....... :thup:

Sorry, should have said emotive driven bias. :thup:

Last edited:
You can't tell people how to speak.
But people that choose to speak anyway they want at all will have to deal with the ramifications.
Fair or not.
Right or not.

But people that choose to speak anyway they want at all will have to deal with the ramifications.
Fair or not.
Right or not.
Perhaps those who choose to issue the "ramifications" could grow up, get over themselves, stop being so sensitive, open their minds just a bit, and allow others to dare to disagree with them without those "ramifications".

Fair or not.
Right or not.
Perhaps those who choose to issue the "ramifications" could grow up, get over themselves, stop being so sensitive, open their minds just a bit, and allow others to dare to disagree with them without those "ramifications".

that would require an entire societal change at this point.
Media would have to back off along with politicians.....
The trend is that way, unless there is a strong push back on it, don't think it's reversing course.....

Fair or not.
Right or not.

that would require an entire societal change at this point.
Media would have to back off along with politicians.....
The trend is that way, unless there is a strong push back on it, don't think it's reversing course.....
Agreed, this has infected our culture. It has taken about three decades to get here, so reversing it won't happen quickly, if ever.

Forum List

Back