Why I'm a Democrat

he is the same as those he bad mouths....when he does not want to answer something the music for the Emperors Waltz begins....

This big failed government support thread is still going?

Yep, and it may stay alive until someone can post an alternative, a plan of action, an idea, on how our nation might get out of the current economic mess.
It seems the obvious has general agreement, we (someone) needs to create jobs. Short of a big government solution, how does one convince the private sector to bring jobs back from overseas, and thereby create jobs here at home?
Blame is easy to assign, solutions not so much. There are two schools of thought, generally. One, cut taxes, regulations and spending.

Since salary and benefits are the greatest cost to an employer, cutting salaries and benefits, or letting employees go, are two ways to cut spending. Of course cutting 'pork' is too, but no one seems to believe a congress - be it R controlled or D controlled will do so.
So, what are the consequences of letting thousands of people go?

Cutting taxes is easy too. Everyone likes more money in their pocket, and in past times taxes cut put more money into the economy, causing the economic engine to rev up. Today's consummer seems to be more circumspect, many have chosen to buy less, save more and pay down personal debt.

And speaking of debt, how does a nation remain solvent by cutting revenue when the interest on the debt continues to grow?

Finally, what of cutting regulations? Do we burn coal because it is cheap and plentiful? Do we put off maintenance and repairs? Do we allow storms to flood cities, fires to burn them down, and leave the rubble of future earthquakes for our children's children to clean up?

Does it make sense for millions (?) of commuters to drive alone to work, and spent an hour or two each day in gridlock?

So yes, this thread will stay alive; I for one don't understand how so many can be so sure the solution to our economic problem is to cut taxes, cut regulations and cut spending when I see the potential drawbacks to such a (IMO) simplistic view of the world.

Last edited:
Being voted into Presidential office in a landslide does not earn one respect?

I guess not, from the anti-America faction.
One more leftist retard who confuses Obama with America. Good job, moron! :clap2:
You're the one who wants America to fail.
My goodness, you're stupid.

No, I don't want America to fail. Nor do I want Obama to fail -- because it would be disastrous for America.

However, he IS failing...the results are clear. You can't honestly look at what he's doing and call it successful.

However, you're not honest. You're a sheep.

I wouldn't presume to suggest you're on drugs, the fact that you react hysterically suggests you're a candidate for psycho-active drug therapy.

Typical Wry. You got busted, yet again, being dishonest, so you attempt to attack.

You are a very sick man.

C'mon, you just KNOW you want to post your 'CV'again; or at least whine about someone 'attacking' you.

Thanks for sharing.

Si Modo- Permanent. Continuously used actual debate threads to make off topic complaints and was warned that she needed to stop and, that if she did not, we would have no choice but to ban her as it was disruptive to the ability of others to engage in actual debates.

Yet even though you were banned you continue to post the same off topic comments. I guess you do because you finally found your place - the echo chamber. Personal attacks are the norm, offering real world opinion not so much.
You mean off-topic stuff like discussing someone else's banning at another board?

One more leftist retard who confuses Obama with America. Good job, moron! :clap2:

No, I don't want America to fail. Nor do I want Obama to fail -- because it would be disastrous for America.

However, he IS failing...the results are clear. You can't honestly look at what he's doing and call it successful.

BAAAA. It depends on how one defines fail. Limbaugh - as the de facto leader of the Republican Party made it clear, he hopes Obama fails. Now, what did he mean?
I don't know what's in your heart DM, but your posts suggest you disagree fundamentally with most everything Obama has tired, so it's rather hard for me to fathom you hope policy which you disagree with meets with success.
That does not mean you hope America fails, or that you wish harm on her citizens.
Now, he has had some success, but as the man says, "it's the economy, stupid".
Many on the right feel the health care bill is bad, so do many on the left. The former support the status quo, the latter feel the bill did not go far enough.
Same is true with the stimulus, the right rejects government interference; the left feels more needs to be done.
IMO Obama's failure is his attempt to please everyone. He should be more like Bush, do what he thinks is correct. Sadly, Bush rarely was, that aside, leadership is having a vision, the ability to convince others it is the correct vision, and to develop a plan able to achieve the goal.
Obama has the vision, he simply need to explain the goal and the means to get there so the average Joe/Joan understands. That he has not done.

Typical Wry. You got busted, yet again, being dishonest, so you attempt to attack.

You are a very sick man.

C'mon, you just KNOW you want to post your 'CV'again; or at least whine about someone 'attacking' you.

Thanks for sharing.

Si Modo- Permanent. Continuously used actual debate threads to make off topic complaints and was warned that she needed to stop and, that if she did not, we would have no choice but to ban her as it was disruptive to the ability of others to engage in actual debates.

Yet even though you were banned you continue to post the same off topic comments. I guess you do because you finally found your place - the echo chamber. Personal attacks are the norm, offering real world opinion not so much.
You mean off-topic stuff like discussing someone else's banning at another board?

Did you see the word "Continuously", or chose to ignore it.

BAAAA. It depends on how one defines fail. Limbaugh - as the de facto leader of the Republican Party made it clear, he hopes Obama fails. Now, what did he mean?
I don't know what's in your heart DM, but your posts suggest you disagree fundamentally with most everything Obama has tired, so it's rather hard for me to fathom you hope policy which you disagree with meets with success.
That does not mean you hope America fails, or that you wish harm on her citizens.
Many on the right feel the health care bill is bad, so do many on the left. The former support the status quo, the latter feel the bill did not go far enough.
Same is true with the stimulus, the right rejects government interference; the left feels more needs to be done.
IMO Obama's failure is his attempt to please everyone. He should be more like Bush, do what he thinks is correct. Sadly, Bush rarely was, that aside, leadership is having a vision, the ability to convince others it is the correct vision, and to develop a plan able to achieve the goal.
Obama has the vision, he simply need to explain the goal and the means to get there so the average Joe/Joan understands. That he has not done.

This post is nothing more than partisan drivel. :cuckoo:

thanks for sharing. Sadly I must leave, today the wife has plans for us to visit the Legion of Honor and view the French Impressionist paintings of the post modern era (or something like that). I know that will offend the jingo partriots, but at lunch I'll order Freedom Fries and eschew the French Toast.

thanks for sharing. Sadly I must leave, today the wife has plans for us to visit the Legion of Honor and view the French Impressionist paintings of the post modern era (or something like that). I know that will offend the jingo partriots, but at lunch I'll order Freedom Fries and eschew the French Toast.
Right on Wry!......And if ya' run into any frenchies, give 'em a good slap upside the head for me, and tell 'em that wearing deoderant is a GOOD thing!

Smelly rat bastards!

:razz:

The Right only rejects government interference when it is painless to do so. When it serves their interests, they are all for it.

Just as they support the Constitution ONLY when it serves their interests, and considers it "just a piece of paper" when they wish to ignore it.

The Right only rejects government interference when it is painless to do so. When it serves their interests, they are all for it.

Just as they support the Constitution ONLY when it serves their interests, and considers it "just a piece of paper" when they wish to ignore it.

Wasn't it the left than ran to the protection of the constitution when everyone thought that the mosque shouldn't be built that close to ground zero, and turned their back on it with mandated healthcare? See the irony??????

I don't know. I don't listen to him.
The best I can hope for with Obama's policies are that they bog down and don't do the harm they intend. That will happen when the GOP takes the House this fall.
No, I don't. I think Obama's policies are harmful to America and to her citizens. History is proving that to be true.
Some success? Where?
Obama's sinking poll numbers show he's being successful with getting his message across. But you don't want people to understand his policies; you just want them to rubber-stamp them. NOTE: Not everyone believes, as you do, that simply because Obama wants it means it's good for the nation.

Thanks for sharing.

Did you see the word "Continuously", or chose to ignore it.
Immaterial. You just might as well say that you don't want to read anything that doesn't agree with you. That would be far more accurate.

That's funny, coming from a guy who ignores is 24/7.

i hear the emperors waltz begining......by Wry.....have a nice dance.....

hey holic....yes or no....is the Left the same way?.....simple answer ....im sure someone as wise as you can answer....

Last edited:
Immaterial. You just might as well say that you don't want to read anything that doesn't agree with you. That would be far more accurate.

exactly.....post 342....he did not want to answer that one....he might of had to criticize the President....cant be doing that when your up Pelosi's ass.....

exactly.....post 342....he did not want to answer that one....he might of had to criticize the President....cant be doing that when your up Pelosi's ass.....

Synth is incapable of apostasy. He thinks he'll burst into flames.

No, you get nothing...Least of all the concepts of false dichotomy and Hegelian dialectic.

Junking stupid and ineffective federal programs doesn't automatically mean that your most feared under-the-bed corporate boogermen will just run wild, or that your only choice is between corrupt, ineffective and greedy corporations and corrupt, ineffective and greedy gubmint.

But since it's much less intellectually taxing for you to live in that black & white, either/or polarized binary world, you'll just have to eat the derisive "idiotgrams" from those here not as rationally challenged and, quite frankly, paranoid as you.

It's your strait jacket, pal.

3 sentence totally annihilating the Useless Idiots that pass themselves off as "Progressives"

Forum List

Back