Why I'm a Democrat

Your the ignorant one, wry. The first stimulus required that the money goes to union wage jobs. Now get back to your Kool-Aid, or the drug of your choice.
My guess is Thorazine. :rofl:

Thorazine is an anti-ignorant drug? Wow, the things one learns in hypnotheraphy school.
Thanks for sharing. Damn, I'm getting sleeee...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If you fringers were honest (sorry, that requires a big IF) you would stop with the silly attacks and admit Bush signed the first stimulus bill passed by the congress, and which was not able to stop our slide in deep unemployment.
President Obama signed an economic stimulus package that was passed by Congress on Feb. 13, 2009 and signed into law by the new President on Feb. 17. The final version is estimated by the Congressional Budget Office to cost $787 billion over the 2009-2019 period.
Now, 787 divided by (12 x 7) = 9.26; or $ 9.26 billion dollars a month for seven years. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 will spent this money over ten years. So, investing in the infrastructure of America, an providing jobs, seems to me to be money better spent than a war of choice in Iraq.

It was money for the unions, nothing more....nothing less.

Thanks for sharing (and proof of your willful ignorance, look at the photos).

Your the ignorant one, wry. The first stimulus required that the money goes to union wage jobs. Now get back to your Kool-Aid, or the drug of your choice.

It was not just the first stimulus.

Any project funded by federal funds has the same requirements on Paying top Union wages, it has been that way for years and is a big part of the reason why government spending is so inefficient.

Any project funded by federal funds has the same requirements on Paying top Union wages, it has been that way for years and is a big part of the reason why government spending is so inefficient.

That is simply not true. I wrote and managed two federal grants, funded by the Dept. of Justice, that had no such requirement.
This post by Charles_Main is what truly pisses me off, you guys and gals on the right post utter bull shit. You shouldn't need to, to justify your beliefs, but do so ad nauseaum. Why?

Last edited:
It was money for the unions, nothing more....nothing less.

You maybe ignorant, but are most probably a liar. Post evidence that required money go to "union wage jobs". The usual requirment on government grants is that those hired be legally able to work in the United States, and other stipulations re drugs in the workplace, meeting ADA standards and such.

You maybe ignorant, but are most probably a liar. Post evidence that required money go to "union wage jobs". The usual requirment on government grants is that those hired be legally able to work in the United States, and other stipulations re drugs in the workplace, meeting ADA standards and such.

Labor Wins ‘Prevailing Wages’ in Stimulus The Washington Independent
organized labor is about to claim a big consolation prize: the massive application of a law guaranteeing “prevailing wages” for hundreds of thousands of construction workers hired under President Obama’s economic stimulus program.

Stimulus Seen Boosting Union Jobs in Various Industries | Monster
Plus, executive orders and other actions taken by the Obama administration and Congress will extend the reach of labor unions into employment opportunities spawned by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and other government spending.

I really do think your a dishonest partisan hack, wry. You wouldn't know the truth if it bitch slapped you right on your kisser. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Why Wry is a Democrat? Because he gets paid to be!

'nuff said!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
I disagree, TPS. I'm sticking with what I said in post #2: Wry is a blind partisan (Democrat here) because he is overly emotional.

He has proven it and the poor sap doesn't even realize it, as usual.

Who says he isn't a blind partisan?

Sure he is. He was a blind partisan go begin with. He's just now getting paid to be one. ;)

organized labor is about to claim a big consolation prize: the massive application of a law guaranteeing “prevailing wages” for hundreds of thousands of construction workers hired under President Obama’s economic stimulus program.

Plus, executive orders and other actions taken by the Obama administration and Congress will extend the reach of labor unions into employment opportunities spawned by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and other government spending.

I really do think your a dishonest partisan hack, wry. You wouldn't know the truth if it bitch slapped you right on your kisser. :eusa_whistle:

I didn't understand "prevailing wage" was the essence of your post. Of course after reading the article it makes good sense, to deny that means you support the ability of the contractor to make excessive profits on the backs of his workers. Something I suppose all Callous Conservatives support. That aside, posting it as "Union wage jobs" suggesting the money to be spent had to go to jobs employing union workers struck me as more of your partisan bull shit.
Next time post the link and I won't be so quick to call you out.

Last edited:

That is simply not true. I wrote and managed two federal grants, funded by the Dept. of Justice, that had no such requirement.
This post by Charles_Main is what truly pisses me off, you guys and gals on the right post utter bull shit. You shouldn't need to, to justify your beliefs, but do so ad nauseaum. Why?

Sorry but you are wrong. Any federally funded construction project comes with a requirement to pay prevailing union wages. It has been that way for a long long time. This requirement is enforced even when cheaper labor is available and willing to do the work. Often Forcing workers to be brought in from hundreds of miles away to get union workers where there are non. The College project I just got done working on, and being over paid for, was that way. I was the only person working there each day from less than 200 Miles away. Everyone else was not only paid Prevailing Union wage in an area where wages are much lower, but they were paid per diem to Travel to the job site, and paid to be put up in hotels. All on the Federal governments dime. Now how in the hell is that the most efficient way to build an addition on a college?

There is no limit to the waste government spending is capable of, especially when it is on construction projects.

Your grants you speak of are not the same as a construction project funded by the government.

Last edited:

Sorry but you are wrong. Any federally funded construction project comes with a requirement to pay prevailing union wages. It has been that way for a long long time. This requirement is enforced even when cheaper labor is available and willing to do the work. Often Forcing workers to be brought in from hundreds of miles away to get union workers where there are non. The College project I just got done working on, and being over paid for, was that way. I was the only person working there each day from less than 200 Miles away. Everyone else was not only paid Prevailing Union wage in an area where wages are much lower, but they were paid per diem to Travel to the job site, and paid to be put up in hotels. All on the Federal governments dime. Now how in the hell is that the most efficient way to build an addition on a college?

There is no limit to the waste government spending is capable of, especially when it is on construction projects.

Your grants you speak of are not the same as a construction project funded by the government.

Well, that may be true. I read every word of every page in many RFP's - all of which did not include funding for 'bricks and mortor' funding. In my experience there were no restrictions or mandates as you experienced, so, I take your word for it. I wonder, why local labor would not be employed in a local project and paid union scale?

Last edited:

I didn't understand "prevailing wage" was the essence of your post. Of course after reading the article it makes good sense, to deny that means you support the ability of the contractor to make excessive profits on the backs of his workers. Something I suppose all Callous Conservatives support. That aside, posting it as "Union wage jobs" suggesting the money to be spent had to go to jobs employing union workers struck me as more of your partisan bull shit.

Don't tell me what to do, hack. I was precise in what I stated, if your mind is so drugged out and can't follow....please try rehab. Betty Ford Clinic might suit you best, IMHO.
Your too dishonest to admit what the article is stating......A contractor can't hire two 12.00 employees to do a job....it has to be an employee making union wages and benefits. You have your leftwing partisan spin on your post, goofball. You are dishonest, and have proven that you wouldn't know the truth if it bitch slapped you in the face. :razz:

Last edited:

Don't tell me what to do, hack. I was precise in what I stated, if your mind is so drugged out and can't follow....please try rehab. Betty Ford Clinic might suit you best, IMHO.
Your too dishonest to admit what the article is stating......A contractor can't hire two 12.00 employees to do a job....it has to be an employee making union wages and benefits. You have your leftwing partisan spin on your post, goofball. You are dishonest, and have proven that you wouldn't know the truth if it bitch slapped you in the face. :razz:

I wouldn't presume to suggest you're on drugs, the fact that you react hysterically suggests you're a candidate for psycho-active drug therapy.

Being voted into Presidential office in a landslide does not earn one respect?

I guess not, from the anti-America faction.

hey alcoholic....the guy got elected..ok...now EARN MY RESPECT on what you do with that office....Arizona is something that the President of this Country should be taking care of.....not the UN.....a LEADER would do that....now who is the ANTI-American here....you or me or Obama?.....since you two are not concerned about one of our states the answer is obvious....

I wouldn't presume to suggest you're on drugs, the fact that you react hysterically suggests you're a candidate for psycho-active drug therapy.

Typical Wry. You got busted, yet again, being dishonest, so you attempt to attack.

You are a very sick man.

C'mon, you just KNOW you want to post your 'CV'again; or at least whine about someone 'attacking' you.

Notwithstanding Meister, whose thinking seems to be based on a traumatic experience which only a very good therapist might uncover, the issue is what can be done to get our economy on track, secure employment for the unemployed and make life better for our citizens.
No one on the right has an answer, or even a suggestion. Charles_M. to his credit made me aware of facts others were unable to articulate (possibly because of psychological problems manifest in Meister, but I digress) and which I was not aware. I like learning, and never object and whine when proven wrong. Unlike some on this board who are never wrong, or lack the self confidence to even acknowledge to themseleves that thay might be wrong. But that again reverts to mental health issues, something Meister likes to suggest, possibly because on some level he understands how truly fucked up he is.

Typical Wry. You got busted, yet again, being dishonest, so you attempt to attack.

You are a very sick man.

C'mon, you just KNOW you want to post your 'CV'again; or at least whine about someone 'attacking' you.

Thanks for sharing.

Si Modo- Permanent. Continuously used actual debate threads to make off topic complaints and was warned that she needed to stop and, that if she did not, we would have no choice but to ban her as it was disruptive to the ability of others to engage in actual debates.

Yet even though you were banned you continue to post the same off topic comments. I guess you do because you finally found your place - the echo chamber. Personal attacks are the norm, offering real world opinion not so much.

Last edited:
So, in deference to those who actually think about problems and solutions, as opposed to the hysteria and emotion laced words of the echo chamber, I will offer MY ideas as I see fit. Not because I hope to convince the echo chamber, willfull ignorance is a chornic condition, but beause I believe the more solutions to problems offered the better. Sadly, the echo chamber lacks the basic skills to counter ideas with anything but personal attacks. Thankfully they are the minority, the fringe of the entire body politic.

well you included me in with the "echo chamber"Wry but yet never responded to my post no 347 i believe it was.....was the "ECHO" to much for you to handle?....

I glad we can agree to disagree with such civility. Of particular interest to me has been the strength of your arguments, your collective ability to offer policy ideas and practical solutions to complex problems concisely and with an open mind to criticism and debate.

[ wonder, why do we celebrate "Labor Day", why not "Bankers Day"?]

PS, this post is directed to the echo chamber, Chef, Harry, DM and Libo...et al.

in any of my posts.....who am i echoing?....or am i giving you my opinion?.....its funny how you dont have a Wry answer but every thing you say is echoed by your party...answer my thoughts in post no.342.....do you think that shows leadership?.....i sure as hell dont.....Obama has not gone down there since this thing has happened and talked to those down at the border part of the State.....WHY?.....and thinks people are just going to have respect for him because we should....BULLSHIT.....you earn respect....one of his States is having a major conflict and he is going to tell the UN on them.....leader my ass...a leader goes down there and sees what is going on and tries to solve it....this shit is more important than the fucking Israeli/palestine bullshit....this is HIS Country,he is the President here not there.....Arizona is HIS business not the UN'S....and i should respect this guy?.....

So, I'm to answer this post? Let me review post no. 342 and see if it makes any sense.

Forum List

Back