Why I Only Buy Hard Copies of Books

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Almost 2,400 books in my library so far. Ebooks they just delete off your device at their Leftard Fascist whim.

I wrote Amazon a nasty gram once when (probably still do) started selling a pro pedophillia book. They answered that they don’t censor. I said OK, I want to buy this months Playboy magazine (which they won’t sell) No response back.

“If Amazon, which controls most of the book sales in America, has decided to delist a book with which some of its functionaries disagree, that is an unconscionable assault on free speech. It will have chilling effect on the publishing industry and the free circulation of ideas. It must not be left to stand unchallenged.”

Almost 2,400 books in my library so far. Ebooks they just delete off your device at their Leftard Fascist whim.

I wrote Amazon a nasty gram once when (probably still do) started selling a pro pedophillia book. They answered that they don’t censor. I said OK, I want to buy this months Playboy magazine (which they won’t sell) No response back.

“If Amazon, which controls most of the book sales in America, has decided to delist a book with which some of its functionaries disagree, that is an unconscionable assault on free speech. It will have chilling effect on the publishing industry and the free circulation of ideas. It must not be left to stand unchallenged.”

Looks like you struck out twice.

I used to have a metric ton of books I had collected since my teen years. It's not like I read any of them more than once. I just had them. As soon as books became available electronically I dumped almost all of them, except the rare ones, on every thrift store in town. I'm down to maybe a hundred real books, and several thousand on my HD.

Dude your topics crack me up lmao.

Ebooks they just delete off your device at their Leftard Fascist whim.-Weatherman2020

LMAO

I could agree with Weatherman on this issue, except he sees everything through a political lens. It is not. It is an issue of concentrated corporate power in one corporate entity, and the power of that company to wipe information from your personal computing device. It seems all information on your computer or in the cloud is ephemeral. It can be wiped out with a press of a button.

No, this isnot a political issue, it is about corporate greed. It is about the loss of all privacy.

I could agree with Weatherman on this issue, except he sees everything through a political lens. It is not. It is an issue of concentrated corporate power in one corporate entity, and the power of that company to wipe information from your personal computing device. It seems all information on your computer or in the cloud is ephemeral. It can be wiped out with a press of a button.

No, this isnot a political issue, it is about corporate greed. It is about the loss of all privacy.
Yeah, funny how every case of book censorship involves the Left instigating it.

I have thousands of books, a good portion of them antiquarian and/or signed and worth goodly sums on the collector's market. The house is near wall-papered with them.

Not interested in EBooks. They burn your eyes and enjoy no increase in value. Also easy to be edited by nefarious forces, or as in your case, erased.

Well, a political hack is gonna hack.

While I prefer to read hard-cover books in general, the convenience of reading my "device" in the dark wins out. Also, I can get classic books virtually for free.

Every book I've ever downloaded remains in my archives, as far as I know.

Stop seeing everything as political. It is right-wingers that sought to toss Harry Potter books from public libraries. Conservatives also wanted to ban Catcher in the Rye and to Kill a Mockingbird. So stop with your silliness.

You can thank the left for America's unbelievably free press. The right has continually been a book banning, book burning bunch of semi-literate shitheads. Nothing is really banned and you can get every "forbidden" book there is if you know where to look for it.

Dude your topics crack me up lmao.

Ebooks they just delete off your device at their Leftard Fascist whim.-Weatherman2020

LMAO
Laugh your ass off, ignoramus.

Stop seeing everything as political. It is right-wingers that sought to toss Harry Potter books from public libraries. Conservatives also wanted to ban Catcher in the Rye and to Kill a Mockingbird. So stop with your silliness.

A few loons and an unsuccessful attempt.
BTW I own all the Potter books and movies.

I have thousands of books, a good portion of them antiquarian and/or signed and worth goodly sums on the collector's market. The house is near wall-papered with them.

Not interested in EBooks. They burn your eyes and enjoy no increase in value. Also easy to be edited by nefarious forces, or as in your case, erased.
I buy movies I like too. They’re disappearing fast.
48641ADE-3403-474F-9F5E-76525EFC5B2D.jpeg

And JK Rowling is blacklisted by the Left.

There was a time that the right had a lot of power. The left gained power and now do what the right did back then. You would think they would realize what they are doing. That is why they are dangerous because their agendas are to keep moving. And that means they won't stop at anything.

Forum List

Back