The Sound You Heard Was The Clash Of Civilizations

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I believe it was yesterday that I wrote that it is amazing the things that will tip a crisis into a conflagration. I didn't say it quite that way, something more like:
    A group called the Black Hand. A loser from Austria. A few drawings from a newspaper in Denmark.

Well it seems the drawings might indeed be the 'spark.' There are a lot, I mean a LOT of links here. I'm not going to 'bold' his emphasis, it's well worth checking out his site:

http://www.proteinwisdom.com/index.php/weblog/entry/19801/

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    I think the most telling statement was this:

Sure, burning Qurans is just too far, but burning embassies and attacking people is perfectly alright.

Reminds me of a book I read called the Martyrs of Cordoba. Basically these Christians in Muslims controled spain during the middle of ages who were executed for saying they believe Mohammad was a false prophet. You would have thought things would chance over a thousand years. Sadly they havent changed at all.

People are going to die over a cartoon and burning a book. This conflict is coming. Even if it doesn't start immediately the ball has started. Hopefully we will have good and decent people to rise up and overcome what the wicked in this world are about to throw at us.

3. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    I'm afraid you right on this Avatar.

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    I'm afraid I am too. As much as I hate to admit it, this world is going to get alot more violent. We will see death and destruction like never before in our lives. But if we continue to seek what is right and stand up for our values, we can overcome the world somehow and we will see the greatest hope for the future arise up out of the ashes.

5. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    eroupe is very nationalistic and very tollerant.....for thousnads of years the european nations concqured the rest of the world then came to the realization that that was wrong....so they have been tollerant for a long time......

muslim radicals have made a huge mistake

6. USMCDevilDog

USMCDevilDog Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Can anyone say World War 3? Iran, Muslims, Islam, Iraq, Afghan, Syria, North Korea, all of this, it's like WW1's "gunpowder affect" and how the assasination was the spark that blew it all up.

I'm afraid to say but our lives aren't going to be peaceful, hell is about to break loose...

7. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    You don't have to remind me of that. I'm within draft age.

8. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    HA!. I was flying over the pacific, reading an international newpaper. There was a picture in the middle of the page with palestinians using machine guns to bang on the door of an embassy and were threatening violence on the occupants because their govt wouldnt apologize for a "CARTOON"!

Then reading the article next to the photo, a muslim apologist was explaining that the cartoons capture Islam as a "violent" religion, but he claims that Islam in no way supports violence. OH MY GOD! I forgot to save that one, I wanted to put it up on my wall.

9. USMCDevilDog

USMCDevilDog Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +42
    heh, so am I, I'm planning on joining the Marines in June. I might not even have to sign the dotted line now, i might just get shipped off.

I'm just happy to know we're not the only ones going to fight this battle, but ontop of the Middle East there's also a plan on a Peacekeeping force for Sudan after the recent militia attack against Darfur. War is everywhere.

10. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    "...to THROW at us..." :)

I agree, I do think there will be enough. The effects of radical Islam are now getting too widespread. Im finding alot , ALOT of public opinion in Asia is the general public is becoming extremely disgusted with what the muslims are doing. When the powers to be and in place in Europe continue to get attacked, verbally, idealogically and physically, more of them will begin to understand the real threat most Americans and in particular President Bush and the Administration see, from Islam.