Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama.

This thread reminds me of the stoning scene in Life of Brian.

Can anyone point me at the solutions department...

mirror.jpg
Dang...can't rep again...

Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama.
by: Jeff Wartman

Full article: Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama. | Jeff Wartman

I’m leaving the Republican Party. No longer can I say with a clear conscience that the Republican Party is focused on solving problems that will benefit average Americans.

Solving problems is about pragmatically viewing data to decide upon the most effective public policy solutions. Many times, problem solving is the complete opposite of adhering to a rigid political ideology that dictates policy regardless of consequences. Our public servants need to be looking at what has worked, what has not worked, and using those judgments to form policy moving forward. The Republican Party refuses to look at what works and what doesn’t — they simply base policy on whether it fits into a rigid anti-government philosophy, whether it is good policy or not. Essentially, the effectiveness of policy is completely and totally irrelevant to Republicans. Additionally, the Republican Party believes more strongly in obstructing anything that President Obama proposes than in real solutions that would create jobs and help the average American.

Additionally, I have specific grievances with the current “know-nothing” incarnation of the Republican Party:...

Read the entire article at JeffWartman.com Why I’m leaving the Republican Party…and Endorsing President Obama. | Jeff Wartman

Great post. Thanks.

The federal gubmint wasn't chartered to "solve problems"...Its role is supposed to be the protector of the rights of every individual, to provide a framework of justice when said rights are violated (rather than be the chief violator of them) and maintain the nation's borders.

That's the crux of it. We've lost site of the concept of limited government. Instead of keeping the peace and protecting our freedoms, we now look to government as the ubiquitous authority tasked with "managing" society, solving any and all of our problems. In short, we want government to be our caretaker.
Indeed. Majority of us want government out of the way, and to pay attention to the Constitution...not what they have written laws to circumvent it.

The writer is:

Pro ObamaCare
Pro Abortion
Pro Gay Marriage

Writer claims the biggest spending Presidents were Republicans when Obama has spent more than all other Presidents combined.

Writer is probably one of those Liberals who show up at rallies dressed in a 3 piece suit with a sign that says "I'm a Former Republican".

Me = Not fooled by fake, planted story.

Do you have a link on Obama spending more than all the Presidents combined?
It has been discussed before. He has.

The writer is:

Pro ObamaCare
Pro Abortion
Pro Gay Marriage

Writer claims the biggest spending Presidents were Republicans when Obama has spent more than all other Presidents combined.

Writer is probably one of those Liberals who show up at rallies dressed in a 3 piece suit with a sign that says "I'm a Former Republican".

Me = Not fooled by fake, planted story.

Amazing, ain't it? Are they supposed to make a good impression? It looks to me like Obama Fluffers are so bereft of anything good to run on they have to make shit up

Fake, planted story? :lol:

I'm still technically an elected party official, kid.

Still?

Your "about" page says "former elected official" and says you'd already left the party. It is dated more than 3 years ago. Why are you announcing now that you are leaving?

About Jeff Wartman

October 30th, 2008

JeffWartman.com is the blog of Jeff Wartman – a moderate political observer using reason, logic and progress as benchmarks for effective public policy based in Chicago, IL. A former elected official within the Republican Party, he left after the rightward shift of the party became too much to take. He is a sales professional for a dot com/advertising company.

You are commonly known as a RINO. No loss from the republicans, I'm sure. :eusa_whistle:

Seriously.

Real Americans™ vote Republican and never waver from it.

A Real American™ wouldn't endorse Obama.

Got your panties all in a bunch over that one, Art? :lol:

A real American votes for what they believe. Sorry that
they don't all vote for your messiah. Deal with it.

Nope.

You showed your ass the other day.

You're just another hackasaurus who uses terms like Real Americans™ to describe good right wingers.

I'm sure you wont lose any sleep over it but the respect I had for you is gone.

Seriously.

Seems Artie is having a lil hissy fit today. Maybe he needs a nap?

All things considered, I was far from throwing any kind of a hissy fit this morning.

But you've never been all that observant.

You are commonly known as a RINO. No loss from the republicans, I'm sure. :eusa_whistle:

Seriously.

Nobama Noromney I guess that makes me a real American. Ron Paul

Public Service Announcement: I'm a Real.... Series

133.jpg

I'm a real Negro!

lambs4.jpg

I'm a real woman!

Why I left the Republican party by Jeff Fartman

I'm a Real Republican!

GDP has been growing since 2009.
The stock market has doubled since 2009.
Americans net worth is up $9 trillion dollars since 2009.
3.2 million private sector jobs have been created since 2009.
Auto sales are up.
Retail sales are up.
Home sales are up.
Unemployment is down.

GM was saved, and is now the number one automaker in the world.

Bin Laden and Gaddafi are dead, and we are out of Iraq.

Obama has done a very good job.

Republicans aren't conservatives, they are regressives. They want to repeal the gains of the 60's and 70's (EPA, Medicare, Medicaid), the New Deal (Social Security, unemployment insurance, the minimum wage), and even the Progressive Era (income tax, antitrust laws, the Federal Reserve). They want to take us back to the 19th century and turn America into Dickinsean England.

Buy a flower, guvnuh?

Auto sales are up.
Retail sales are up.
Home sales are up.
Unemployment is down.

Stock Market: Good or Evil?

Auto sales are up.
Retail sales are up.
Home sales are up.
Unemployment is down.

Stock Market: Good or Evil?
*Cue Jepoardy Theme Music*

I still want to hear why someone who left the GOP before the 2008 election is just announcing it now.

This 3 year old news is splattered all over the internet as if it is current.

Google "jeff wartman" "why i'm leaving the republican party"

How many places have you posted this, Jeff? Are you up into the hundreds yet? Or are we just looking at dozens? Seriously. You left years ago. Why are you talking about it now? Trying to get a paying gig somewhere as a Republican basher and this is your resume?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back