Why I"m an atheist. Part 1

how very unchristian of you not to care and then to make sure this person knew for sure you dont care.

Why? I can still love him while respecting his right to not believe. I do not however have to LISTEN to him explain why he wants to avoid eternal salvation.

You didnt listen, you merely went out of your way to make him feel unwelcomed.

Hello fellow non-believer!
Do you know how often the title of your post has shown up as a topic? Well I know I've written one and dozens of others have too.
All I can say is: oh well. There is no going back now. You are not trying to score with any christian hotties on this board, are you??
That's a lie. If you truly repent in your heart, the LORD will ALWAYS forgive you.

That's like saying you can never give up heroin addiction, which is a lie as well. Of course it's possible.

how very unchristian of you not to care and then to make sure this person knew for sure you dont care.

Why? [COLOR="Red"I can still love him while respecting his right to not believe][/COLOR]. I do not however have to LISTEN to him explain why he wants to avoid eternal salvation.

You dident listen, you merely went out of your way to make him feel unwelcomed.

No I did not. I simply informed him that on this subject I am not interested in his opinion. I am trying to help him avoid being labeled and not waste time posting this material.

And judging from the majority of replies I am right.

Once again I am not commanded to respect nor support his decisions. I am simply commanded to love him. Further I am commanded to inform him of the err of his ways and teach him about Jesus and God. But I chose to not do that. I am sure he does not want to hear it. Any more then I want to hear his opinion.

"He is one of those people who would be enormously improved by death." H. H. Munro

While I try to avoid these debates on a topic that has no conclusive human answer, I find the repeated nature of 'I am a 'something' interesting. It's all part of growing up and having values and reaching conclusions. How many do it? Few I think as most just accept a point of view, religion, or ideology. If I were to label myself I guess I am a 'bright,' but I take no pleasure in mortality, only in life, I would love to see my grandchildren succeed and see what it is they do with this chance meeting of sperm and egg that came from my own chance meeting. http://www.usmessageboard.com/writing/50677-life-chance-eternity.html

One of my favorite liberal political philosophers, Bernard Williams, asks the question, wouldn't living forever grow boring? This is an interesting question as time appears to be infinite and a billion years from now who would we be given immortality? I love life on earth, my brain chemistry must be mixed well. ;)

Another POV
Reassessing Immortality: The Makropulos Case Revisited

The Brights' Net - Home Page

"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome." Isaac Asimov

Last edited:
Put simply I am an atheist because I do not believe i a supreme being nor do I believe in an afterlife.

I believe this is all we have and sadly many work as hard as they can to screw it up.

Forum List

Back