Why I don't believe in God

Very upsetting just remembering that dream. When I woke up, it seemed SO real, but I know better. That is my own guilt over my son's passing coming through, the fact that I couldn't do anything to help him.

Well, I think it's all in your head. You have preconceived notions of spirituality.

No, I have literal experiences with spirituality. I actually realize a positive difference in my life through spiritual connection. I didn't always have it because I didn't nurture it and it's not supported by some religious dogma. So I can compare what life was like before and after and it's much better now. For me, it helps me to cope with life... changes I need to make, adversities I have to face, dealing with loved ones, coping with loss, overcoming hardships, etc. I can't imagine life without my spiritual connection but I recall what life was like before and it wasn't very pretty.

Now you don't have to believe any of this. I don't need to "convert" you or "win your soul" or anything like that. I share this with you because I want you to understand that I once was just like you. I didn't believe the "nonsense" about God and religion. I think what changed me was a spiritual experience when I almost lost my life. I realized by every account, I should be dead. Something prevented that from being a reality and it made me think about my purpose in life. I don't expect you to understand that, it's something that happened with me personally, but I want you to know it's not in my head.

Well, I think it's all in your head. You have preconceived notions of spirituality.

No, I have literal experiences with spirituality. I actually realize a positive difference in my life through spiritual connection. I didn't always have it because I didn't nurture it and it's not supported by some religious dogma. So I can compare what life was like before and after and it's much better now. For me, it helps me to cope with life... changes I need to make, adversities I have to face, dealing with loved ones, coping with loss, overcoming hardships, etc. I can't imagine life without my spiritual connection but I recall what life was like before and it wasn't very pretty.

Now you don't have to believe any of this. I don't need to "convert" you or "win your soul" or anything like that. I share this with you because I want you to understand that I once was just like you. I didn't believe the "nonsense" about God and religion. I think what changed me was a spiritual experience when I almost lost my life. I realized by every account, I should be dead. Something prevented that from being a reality and it made me think about my purpose in life. I don't expect you to understand that, it's something that happened with me personally, but I want you to know it's not in my head.
I was almost killed TWICE. No magical connections though, I wonder why that is? Because you're delusional and only come here because everyone you know for real already knows you're kookoo for cocoa puffs. I am glad though that your delusions help you through being a loser in life.

The one thing you NEVER do is advise a person that they can "handle it on their own" and that they don't really "need" psychiatric help. If ever a person expresses to you that they are hearing voices or they are having suicidal or homicidal thoughts, you immediately advise them to seek the help of a professional. That is all I've done here. The other poster is the one who told the poster to "will away" his symptoms. That is terribly wrong. He is the one who needs to shut up. I will continue to encourage the poster to seek out professional help for his symptoms.

LOL... engaging another poster who said something vague about voices and telling them that they are ultimately responsible for the condition of their own mind is not something 'terribly wrong', its the truth.

There have been many people on this board who have admitted the same thing that I have spoken to and suggested that they need to 'clean house'. Was that terribly wrong too? I have engaged homeless people who are hearing voices that had been released from psychiatric hospitals onto the streets.

Should I have just ignored them too or told them to just seek psychiatric help? Some help....

If he really was a danger to himself and others and if he really was suicidal and homicidal, how could anyone determine that without engaging him further in dialogue to find out whether you need to call the men in the white coats or homeland security or no one?

Maybe he is as harmless as saint Brad? Maybe he isn't.

Do you really think that someone who is most likely already intimately acquainted with the psychiatric profession going to listen to you telling them to seek psychiatric help?

You might as well tell them to go and see a priest or fuck you.

Last edited:
The one thing you NEVER do is advise a person that they can "handle it on their own" and that they don't really "need" psychiatric help. If ever a person expresses to you that they are hearing voices or they are having suicidal or homicidal thoughts, you immediately advise them to seek the help of a professional. That is all I've done here. The other poster is the one who told the poster to "will away" his symptoms. That is terribly wrong. He is the one who needs to shut up. I will continue to encourage the poster to seek out professional help for his symptoms.

LOL... engaging another poster who said something vague about voices and telling them that they are ultimately responsible for the condition of their own mind is not something 'terribly wrong', its the truth.

There have been many people on this board who have admitted the same thing that I have spoken to and suggested that they need to 'clean house'. Was that terribly wrong too? I have engaged homeless people who are hearing voices that had been released from psychiatric hospitals onto the streets.

Should I have just ignored them too or told them to just seek psychiatric help? Some help....

If he really was a danger to himself and others and if he really was suicidal and homicidal, how could anyone determine that without engaging him further in dialogue to find out whether you need to call the men in the white coats or homeland security or no one?

Maybe he is as harmless as saint Brad? Maybe he isn't.

Do you really think that someone who is most likely already intimately acquainted with the psychiatric profession going to listen to you telling them to seek psychiatric help?

You might as well tell them to go and see a priest or fuck you.

What are you babbling about now? The bottom line is, when someone tells you they are plagued by voices, you advise them to seek professional help and don't act like an armchair psychiatrist because it is dangerous. Do you understand?

If I understand what you are saying, it's that after we die "spirits" remain behind in the form of the personalities of the deceased and you can hear their voices in your mind. Yes? If you mean thoughts, or memories of what a loved one says or would have said, that makes sense to me. If what you're saying is the deceased are intact as living communicable entities, I would disagree. But I don't think it's harmful for you to believe what you believe.

As a Buddhist, we only think qualities and karma follow you into future lives. NOT fully intact personalities or appearances from this life.

Near my voices never stop I will hate Swedish God and maybe to Christ how never stop on my voices far away they alert against me.

Finnish God Jumalauta have a stomach with stomach feelings and Christians of Catholics and Ortodox to when they are stupidfy against me.

Why not the Swedish to have stomach feelings ????

Near my voices never stop I will hate Swedish God and maybe to Christ how never stop on my voices far away they alert against me.
Has anyone ever suggested medication? I'm not being flip here. Sometimes it helps.

Very upsetting just remembering that dream. When I woke up, it seemed SO real, but I know better. That is my own guilt over my son's passing coming through, the fact that I couldn't do anything to help him.
I'm sooo sorry to hear that you lost your son. That is devastating. The only good to come from such a tragedy is the way suffering opens the heart to the suffering of others.

Okay that's fine. We are never going to come to an agreement. You believe in things that I simply do not believe in. My remark about you getting "checked out" was just a joke. I was just teasing you a little bit.

If I understand what you are saying, it's that after we die "spirits" remain behind in the form of the personalities of the deceased and you can hear their voices in your mind. Yes? If you mean thoughts, or memories of what a loved one says or would have said, that makes sense to me. If what you're saying is the deceased are intact as living communicable entities, I would disagree. But I don't think it's harmful for you to believe what you believe.

As a Buddhist, we only think qualities and karma follow you into future lives. NOT fully intact personalities or appearances from this life.

This is complicated to explain to someone who doesn't understand spiritual nature. Personalities are strongly influenced by spirit but that isn't what the spirit is. The spirit is also not a "living communicable entity" because those things are all physical. Thoughts and memory are recalls from our physical brain. Perhaps the best way to describe the spirit is as something like a thought or memory, in that it's not a physical thing, but rather than a product of our brain, is on a different frequency than our physical one... another dimension.

The spiritual exists in a spiritual sense just as the physical exists in a physical sense. There is no physical spirit just as no spirit is physical. Some people make the error of dismissing spiritual nature on the basis of no physical evidence. They demand some kind of physical proof of spiritual nature and if there were ever any physical proof, the spiritual thing would forever cease to be spiritual.

Now, let's loop this back in to physics so you can possibly comprehend the point I'm making... We know that dark matter and dark energy exist because of mathematics. It makes up 96% of our universe, yet we cannot directly interact with it. The only way we know it exists is through mathematics. Would it make sense to claim it doesn't exist because we can't observe, measure or test it? No, because math doesn't lie... it has to be there, regardless of our ability to observe it directly.

This is complicated to explain to someone who doesn't understand spiritual nature. Personalities are strongly influenced by spirit but that isn't what the spirit is. The spirit is also not a "living communicable entity" because those things are all physical. Thoughts and memory are recalls from our physical brain. Perhaps the best way to describe the spirit is as something like a thought or memory, in that it's not a physical thing, but rather than a product of our brain, is on a different frequency than our physical one... another dimension.

The spiritual exists in a spiritual sense just as the physical exists in a physical sense. There is no physical spirit just as no spirit is physical. Some people make the error of dismissing spiritual nature on the basis of no physical evidence. They demand some kind of physical proof of spiritual nature and if there were ever any physical proof, the spiritual thing would forever cease to be spiritual.

Now, let's loop this back in to physics so you can possibly comprehend the point I'm making... We know that dark matter and dark energy exist because of mathematics. It makes up 96% of our universe, yet we cannot directly interact with it. The only way we know it exists is through mathematics. Would it make sense to claim it doesn't exist because we can't observe, measure or test it? No, because math doesn't lie... it has to be there, regardless of our ability to observe it directly.

Oh, so now it's "nobody would understand" "I'm special." Lol. You have a belief that others may or may not share. That is all.

Oh, so now it's "nobody would understand" "I'm special." Lol. You have a belief that others may or may not share. That is all.

Why are you dishonestly putting quote marks around things I never said? What is it about this topic that compels you to lie and mislead others If I actually thought no one could understand and I was special, there is no purpose for me to even be in this thread.

Why are you dishonestly putting quote marks around things I never said? What is it about this topic that compels you to lie and mislead others If I actually thought no one could understand and I was special, there is no purpose for me to even be in this thread.

That is basically what you are saying here, no? That you had some kind of experience and that allows you to be "spiritual." Puhleese.

Your beliefs are nothing more than "your" beliefs.

That is basically what you are saying here, no? That you had some kind of experience and that allows you to be "spiritual." Puhleese.

No, that was not what I said. Every human has the ability to be spiritually connected. I simply relayed how I personally became spiritually enlightened. I'm sure I am not alone but i made no claim that was the only way or that it was foolproof.

Your beliefs are nothing more than "your" beliefs.

And your beliefs are nothing more than "your" beliefs... see how that works?

Forum List

Back