Why I don't believe in God

What in the hell does this even mean? God is nothing more than a fairy tale. Period. End of story.

Should we accept this on the basis of your proclamation or can we objectively evaluate?

Irrespective of any incarnations of "God" from a religious doctrine, the concept of some power greater than self is certainly evidenced to not be a "fairy tale" by any stretch of the term. It is the basis and foundation for the human spirit and we even invented a word to define the beneficial attribute... Inspiration. As well as a word to define the results of the benefits received... Blessings.

Now... Let's objectively turn the worm here... Let me pose a question for you... How willing would you be to lay down your life so that others might hear how Cinderella met her Prince Charming? I'm guessing, probably not very willing. How much torture and persecution would you be wiling to take in order to tell the story of Jack and the Beanstalk? Again... just a guess... probably not very much. Am I correct? If there were a law that you can be beheaded for reciting anything about Snow White or the Seven Dwarfs, would you be willing to take the risk so that others could hear the story?

You see, Chris... Belief in God has endured through centuries of men trying to stomp it out of he hearts of their fellow man. It cannot be done. It is ingrained in all of us to believe in something greater than self. Without that, we are no better than the Great Ape. You can certainly believe the various stories surrounding the God of Abraham as told by Abrahamic religions is a bunch of made-up hogwash... that's fine... but the root concept of something greater than self is undeniable and intrinsic to humanity.

What in the hell does this even mean? God is nothing more than a fairy tale. Period. End of story.

Should we accept this on the basis of your proclamation or can we objectively evaluate?

Irrespective of any incarnations of "God" from a religious doctrine, the concept of some power greater than self is certainly evidenced to not be a "fairy tale" by any stretch of the term. It is the basis and foundation for the human spirit and we even invented a word to define the beneficial attribute... Inspiration. As well as a word to define the results of the benefits received... Blessings.

Now... Let's objectively turn the worm here... Let me pose a question for you... How willing would you be to lay down your life so that others might hear how Cinderella met her Prince Charming? I'm guessing, probably not very willing. How much torture and persecution would you be wiling to take in order to tell the story of Jack and the Beanstalk? Again... just a guess... probably not very much. Am I correct? If there were a law that you can be beheaded for reciting anything about Snow White or the Seven Dwarfs, would you be willing to take the risk so that others could hear the story?

You see, Chris... Belief in God has endured through centuries of men trying to stomp it out of he hearts of their fellow man. It cannot be done. It is ingrained in all of us to believe in something greater than self. Without that, we are no better than the Great Ape. You can certainly believe the various stories surrounding the God of Abraham as told by Abrahamic religions is a bunch of made-up hogwash... that's fine... but the root concept of something greater than self is undeniable and intrinsic to humanity.

It's just wishful thinking. People have a hard time dealing with their own mortality.

It's just wishful thinking. People have a hard time dealing with their own mortality.

I wonder why Great Apes and other upper primates appear to have absolutely no problem whatsoever with that? In fact, nothing else in living nature seems to grapple with it's own mortality they way humans do. WHY?

While you are pondering that.... Consider this.... MAYBE it's because you've gotten this backwards and humans grapple with their own mortality because only humans are aware of a spiritual immortality? Would that not make better sense than an anomaly found nowhere else in nature and that you cannot explain in any rational way?

I wonder why Great Apes and other upper primates appear to have absolutely no problem whatsoever with that? In fact, nothing else in living nature seems to grapple with it's own mortality they way humans do. WHY?

While you are pondering that.... Consider this.... MAYBE it's because you've gotten this backwards and humans grapple with their own mortality because only humans are aware of a spiritual immortality? Would that not make better sense than an anomaly found nowhere else in nature and that you cannot explain in any rational way?
Rationaly speaking, we have more braincapacity. Resulting in not only selfawereness but also makes us the only creature alive that has the capacity to think abstractly. For a lower animal death is part of live and altough some are capable of mourning it doesn't go beyond that. Humans have the need to give it context and when there's no context to be had it'll invent it. Like I stated before. Religion is nothing more the mans desire to have an answer to everything. It's not god, it's insecurity that compells ppl to believe.

Last edited:

:eusa_eh:

At least 4 dead, 14 injured in Maryland crash

"At least four people were killed and 14 others injured after a church van crashed into a pickup truck and caught fire in Hyattsville, Md. on Sunday, according to local authorities."

What's the point of a god who never prevents this sort of thing. Church vans crash all the time.
Because Yahweh doesn't control what goes on here. Humans fucked that plan up day one. It's a "free will" issue taken advantage of to mans detriment.
Don't blame him. Humanity was given a choice. Satan owns this circus, for now.
He actually offered it to Yeshua who said: Nigga PuhLeeez. I don't want this shit. Fuckoff.
Your founding fathers, however, took him up on the deal !
" I'll give you all the kingdumbz of the earth if you" DEALIO !!! Hence the birth of The Great Satan, Inc.
jesus-finger-300x228.png

It's no more believable than vampires and werewolves.

I may be crazy but I have seen with my own eyes bloodsucking creatures of the night suck the life out of unsuspecting people who then become bloodsucking creatures of the night themselves,. I have also seen men who are pillars of the community by day who degenerate into wolves and join the pack every other full moon and conspire to harry the flock under cover of darkness. Not to mention the ghouls and demons and every other foul and loathsome beast and bird preying on the gullible in the wilderness.

I may be crazy but I have seen with my own eyes bloodsucking creatures of the night suck the life out of unsuspecting people who then become bloodsucking creatures of the night themselves,. I have also seen men who are pillars of the community by day who degenerate into wolves and join the pack every other full moon and conspire to harry the flock under cover of darkness. Not to mention the ghouls and demons and every other foul and loathsome beast and bird preying on the gullible in the wilderness.
Ya I like watching Grimm too. Grimm - NBC.com

Yeesh. Like I said, religiosity attracts the crazies. :D Lol.

Sure, its all fun and games until everyone loses their minds.:meow:

Just be careful whatever you do. If you ever visit a church and someone offers you a cookie and a drink of blood, JUST SAY NO.

Well... good luck proving that with physics because "trajectory of expansion" contradicts "return to exact location" as matter of fucking logical principle.

from Singularity everything is "traveling" at an angle - after eons, the angle will return the object(s) to its origin - it compresses because all the material is re-colliding back into themselves to point zero - the Boomerang Theory ...

Compression is the reversal of expansion

it's an enclosed loop.

If there was a Singularity, it created it. Nothing else could... that's the point. Physical nature cannot create Physical Nature...

Singularity was the state of Physicality where Spirituality determined its purity as ruled by the Almighty.

Physical nature cannot create Physical Nature

that does not preclude Spiritual and Physical as being interchangeable in many perspectives ... a boulder is not the same as a tree.

I agree loved ones who perish do not communicate with who are living for whatever reason per their existence or the Spirit does not seem capable of separation from its physiology however because those two exist they have undeniable similarities.

IRS audit eh ? Been there/dunn didd that.

Yeesh. Like I said, religiosity attracts the crazies. :D Lol.

Sure, its all fun and games until everyone loses their minds.:meow:

Just be careful whatever you do. If you ever visit a church and someone offers you a cookie and a drink of blood, JUST SAY NO.

When I was about 8 years old, I went to Catholic church with my friend and her family (I had slept over), and I went up to get the little bread wafer because I was HUNGRY. I was baptized a Protestant though, so they were all mortified that I actually ate the stupid disgusting bread wafer. Lol. It got all stuck on the roof of my mouth and wasn't very satisfying. :lol: Those things are nasty!

Forum List

Back