Why I Could Never Be GOP or Libertarian

Your user name fits you.

(Pssst! I wouldn't be talkin' shit about other folk's usernames if I were you.)

wink2.gif

Societies aren't judged based on how well off their richest citizens are. They are judged by how they treat their poorest.

Says who? Personally, I judge societies by how free their people are.

So there.

Couldn't stomach the rest of what you wrote, not after laying that stinky turd!

Oh please stop talking about freedom. You aren't any more free than an Australian, Brit or Canadian.

What you don't understand is how important unions and the New Deal were/are to the quality of life we currently have now. Back before these things, we had a small rich class and a big working poor class of citizens. They were free, but poor.

It wasn't freedom or free trade that made America a great place to live.

Democracy - Not "The Free Market" - Will Save America's Middle Class

And the Iraq war was not about your freedom either. Stop saying silly things. :cuckoo:

"It wasn't freedom...that made America great". Let's just let that one sit for a moment, take it in. You're quite the sage aren't you?

Your ignorance knows no bounds. Good luck with that.

Whatever your beef with him is is yours. I'm new I don't know who is friend or foe. Nice to meet you though.

I don't know that sealy is male, might be, but I don't know.

Anyway, I have no "beef" with sealy, I just note that based on his posts, he doesn't appear to be particularly well educated. If he has a bachelors, it's in some underwater basket weaving course like "Liberal Arts."

I don't believe we are all in this together because I want you to take care of me prick. I understand the most successful in our society should help the least.

And I don't subscribe to the concept that I am my brothers keeper for selfish reasons.

Read a few posts back where the one right wing asshole said greed is good. That sums up the GOP if you ask me. And most of you aren't even rich enough to benefit from GOP policies. If we implimented their policies, most of you would be the ones looking for handouts or crying that the government is the reason you don't make good money! Then we will say you are responsible for you and to quit whining. :lol:

If you want to pay zero taxes and have no govenment services, move to Pakistan.

Sealy, you're an idiot.

It's why you're a leftist. No, really! Your lack of cognitive ability is why you gravitate to the left.

You decry "greed" as bad. What exactly is greed? An avid desire for things? As a leftist, you believe in evolution. Also as a leftist, you have no clue at all what evolution is, only that you believe it.

But to those of us who grasp what the term means, there is an element of survival. As a species develops, those best suited to survive, live and pass on their genes. Those who can acquire the food, shelter and tools needed to survive, do. Call it "survival of the greedy."

In leftist retardation, the most lethargic and least capable are most celebrated. So the lions and wolves would ignore them and go after the fastest runners, ensuring the survival of the least and securing dependence as the dominate trait in humans - the ideal leftist.

In evolution, the opposite is true.

I have a masters.

No doubt in the study of the migration patterns of Peruvian Sea Cucumbers.

Now you can attack me for being too educated.

Oh, there is no chance of that, sparky.

Sort of like you do to Obama.

I attack Obama for being too educated, do I?

Have I guessed poorly? Is that masters actually in divination?

Says who? Personally, I judge societies by how free their people are.

So there.

Couldn't stomach the rest of what you wrote, not after laying that stinky turd!

Oh please stop talking about freedom. You aren't any more free than an Australian, Brit or Canadian.

What you don't understand is how important unions and the New Deal were/are to the quality of life we currently have now. Back before these things, we had a small rich class and a big working poor class of citizens. They were free, but poor.

It wasn't freedom or free trade that made America a great place to live.

Democracy - Not "The Free Market" - Will Save America's Middle Class

And the Iraq war was not about your freedom either. Stop saying silly things. :cuckoo:

"It wasn't freedom...that made America great". Let's just let that one sit for a moment, take it in. You're quite the sage aren't you?

Your ignorance knows no bounds. Good luck with that.
The only people who I have ever heard say that America is great are Americans.

I'm sure that Aussies say that Australia is great, also.

Most RW libertarians I talk to on the internet have so many conflicting opinions it makes my head hurt. One minute they are all about personal freedom and responsibility for themselves and the next they seem to have fascist opinions on dealing with social problems such as poverty, immigration and crime. I just cannot compartmentalize my opinions like that, for them all men are not created equal and American exceptionalism forgives all sins.

Republicans may be ok with the idea that we are all born equal because they don't want to admit they were born with a silver spoon in their mouths.

What they believe in is every man for himself and survival of the fittest. So if the weak parrish, so be it. That's what happens in free unregulated markets/societies. Like the caraboo being stalked by the wolves. Its every caraboo for himself. They don't turn around and protect the weak caraboo. They just keep moving.

Democrats like safety nets. No one I know hates their social security and medicare.

For Christ's sake you ding-dong. I am Republican and definitely was NOT "born with a silver spoon in my mouth." Far from it. We are poor by many people's standards. But you know what? It's OUR fault. We don't want to be married to our jobs. We make enough to have a home and food and cars. We travel some and just enjoy living the simple live with no help from the government. And it's "perish" - a "parrish" is a church or religious affiliation.

Perfect example of how you righties defend policies that make it harder for our generation to succeed. Remember you guys kept defending illegal workers because you said they were doing "jobs Americans wouldn't do?" Meanwhile they were taking over the construction industry.

But Reagan put an end to that. His 1986 amnesty program, combined with his aggressive war on organized labor (begun in 1981), in effect told both employers and non-citizens that there would be few penalties and many rewards to increasing the US labor pool (and thus driving down wages) with undocumented immigrants. A million people a year continued to come across our southern border, but they stopped returning to Latin America every fall because instead of seasonal work they were able to find permanent jobs.

The magnet drawing them? Illegal Employers.

Yet in the American media, Illegal Employers are almost never mentioned.

"Between 1999 and 2003, work-site enforcement operations were scaled back 95 percent by the Immigration and Naturalization Service, which subsequently was merged into the Homeland Security Department. The number of employers prosecuted for unlawfully employing immigrants dropped from 182 in 1999 to four in 2003, and fines collected declined from $3.6 million to $212,000, according to federal statistics.
"In 1999, the United States initiated fines against 417 companies. In 2004, it issued fine notices to three."

Again, you make assumptions about me and my beliefs simply because I have an (R) after my name.

No party holds all the cards or all the correct positions. I am strongly opposed to illegals being allowed to be here. They have taken MANY jobs from me over the years. I am strongly opposed to organized labor. They too have taken many jobs from me over the years. Not only that but they have picketed me on large commercial jobs and made my job difficult when all I wanted to do was feed my family as well as the families of my employees.

No party or politician has all the answers but to completely discredit one is to close your mind to ideas that could make our lives better. You're an ideological fool.

If you are rich then you are greedy and selfish. If you are middle class and have an R next to your name, after the last 12 years, you are a fool.

Ok then I guess the Clintons, Kerrys, Obamas, Bidens, Pelosi's, and most of Hollywood are "greedy and selfish" too, huh? Rich people get rich because they work hard. If you don't like rich people then quit shopping, buy cars, clothes, everything. Don't stay in hotels. Because I'll tell you something, if it wasn't for these "rich" people the grocery stores would be empty, the clothing stores, no more doctors to treat you with your "free" government insurance. You are beyond dumb, you're dumber than the dumbest jackass. Oh wait. . .the jackass is the mascot of the Democrats. Need I say more?

Listening to everything the GOP and Libertarians have to say, I have to say I viamently disagree with the direction they want to take America. They are a very selfish group.

Paul Ryan, the father of a Republican budget initiative that seeks to destroy Medicare and Social Security has continually invoked the name of Ayn Rand as his philosophical mentor and guide. Many other Republicans have do so too. They are embracing a philosophy which, according to Ayn Rand herself, is one of selfishness and is against all forms of Spirituality. The question any thoughtful Americans must ask themselves is: “Is this the America we want?”

And how do they get evangelicals to go along with them is beyond me.

Its a very selfish every man for himself mentality.

And Libertarians don't believe in the Commons. What are the Commons?

The Commons are resources that are owned by all of us. That includes the Grand Canyon, oil rights, power companies, roads, public airwaves, schools, etc.

Here is how they think. Libertarians think if we all own the land on which our sheep graze, we will each add one too many sheep until we destroy the land for future generations. That We the People can't manage the commons.

Libertarians think that if one person owns the land and charged everyone else grazing fees, he would be more committed to preserving it for the future than a village of farmers.

I disagree.
Funny... I don't see how wanting free shit from the government is less selfish than libertarianism or conservatism. It looks more selfish to me, but I digress.

I don't believe we are all in this together because I want you to take care of me prick. I understand the most successful in our society should help the least.

And I don't subscribe to the concept that I am my brothers keeper for selfish reasons.

Read a few posts back where the one right wing asshole said greed is good. That sums up the GOP if you ask me. And most of you aren't even rich enough to benefit from GOP policies. If we implimented their policies, most of you would be the ones looking for handouts or crying that the government is the reason you don't make good money! Then we will say you are responsible for you and to quit whining. :lol:

And if you want more taxes and more government services you could try Sweden or Norway. If what lots of government "services" and control of your life is what you want - move to North Korea!!!

Let's just all quit talking about freedom. Freedom sucks!

Here goes Rick Santorum beating your drum beat!

"I don't care what the unemployment rate is going to be. It doesn't matter to me," Santorum said in Moline. "My campaign doesn't hinge on unemployment rates and growth rates. There's something more foundational that's going on here."

Santorum was trying to make a point that he believes the size and scope of government, especially in the health care sector, is a threat to American's freedoms. But the comment reinforced the image of him as more interested in social issues and moralizing than in helping jobless Americans find work.

You need to watch the Family Guy episode where Lois runs for mayor and she has nothing to say to the crowd so she just starts saying words that people will cheer too. This is what you rigthies are doing. I'm trying to expose you to other people who don't realize this is how you debate. You appeal to low information voters. Who isn't for freedom, right? But what you are talking about has nothing to do with your freedom. They want the healthcare companies to be free to gouge us. And you are not free to drive a car, are you? So you have to tell them your name and where you live and take a test to drive a car on our public roads. Do you prefer mad max? He was free to go wherever he wanted.

Funny... I don't see how wanting free shit from the government is less selfish than libertarianism or conservatism. It looks more selfish to me, but I digress.

And if you want more taxes and more government services you could try Sweden or Norway. If what lots of government "services" and control of your life is what you want - move to North Korea!!!

Or just roll back the Bush tax cuts and undo all the cuts to social programs the GOP forced on us after they banrupted our country, on purpose might I add, and stay right here in America. My brother got transferred to Switzerland for 2 years. Paradise but very expensive to live.

Can you show me North Korea has lots of services?

Government isn't "controlling my life" when it demands for me that gas and healthcare costs are reasonable. Stop with the right wing talking points.

silly bozo sees a demand for liberty as the equivalent of selfishness.

:cuckoo:

What a douche silly bozo always is.

You think our government, the greatest government ever invented, is the problem and should disappear and let the corporations take over. You right wingers are just a fringe radical group and my mission is to let voters know your plans.

Literallly, you would privatize the Grand Canyon. At least Ron Paul would. Freak.

Listening to everything the GOP and Libertarians have to say, I have to say I viamently disagree with the direction they want to take America. They are a very selfish group.

Paul Ryan, the father of a Republican budget initiative that seeks to destroy Medicare and Social Security has continually invoked the name of Ayn Rand as his philosophical mentor and guide. Many other Republicans have do so too. They are embracing a philosophy which, according to Ayn Rand herself, is one of selfishness and is against all forms of Spirituality. The question any thoughtful Americans must ask themselves is: “Is this the America we want?”

And how do they get evangelicals to go along with them is beyond me.

Its a very selfish every man for himself mentality.

And Libertarians don't believe in the Commons. What are the Commons?

The Commons are resources that are owned by all of us. That includes the Grand Canyon, oil rights, power companies, roads, public airwaves, schools, etc.

Here is how they think. Libertarians think if we all own the land on which our sheep graze, we will each add one too many sheep until we destroy the land for future generations. That We the People can't manage the commons.

Libertarians think that if one person owns the land and charged everyone else grazing fees, he would be more committed to preserving it for the future than a village of farmers.

I disagree.

The reason you can't be a Libertarian or Republican is because you've bought into the old myths about what they stand for. Live and die by the talking points, but don't think for yourself or question the status quo or you might get kicked out of the leftie club.

Again, you make assumptions about me and my beliefs simply because I have an (R) after my name.

No party holds all the cards or all the correct positions. I am strongly opposed to illegals being allowed to be here. They have taken MANY jobs from me over the years. I am strongly opposed to organized labor. They too have taken many jobs from me over the years. Not only that but they have picketed me on large commercial jobs and made my job difficult when all I wanted to do was feed my family as well as the families of my employees.

No party or politician has all the answers but to completely discredit one is to close your mind to ideas that could make our lives better. You're an ideological fool.

If you are rich then you are greedy and selfish. If you are middle class and have an R next to your name, after the last 12 years, you are a fool.

Ok then I guess the Clintons, Kerrys, Obamas, Bidens, Pelosi's, and most of Hollywood are "greedy and selfish" too, huh?

I didn't read anymore than this. I hate this argument. No one is jealous of the rich. In fact, we look up to them. And most rich people are good. But they don't run the GOP. The GOP is run by multinational robber barons. Has been for hundreds of years. They hate us. They have waged class warefare on us. Sent jobs overseas, hire illegals, cut programs that help the poor, cut teachers, police and firefighters pay, etc. Most of the millionaires in country are patriotic. They didn't lie us into a war on purpose to bankrupt the country. And if Iraq wasn't a big enough fucking in the ass, then they asked for the bank bailout right when Bush was leaving office. Biggest bank robbery in world history.

My question is why do you side with these multinational corporations?

Do you feel you are a part of the group? Trust me, you are not. You just have a greedy mentality so you like what you hear from the GOP way. If they were in charge instead of FDR, you'd be a broke son of a bitch old man! No social security or medicare.

And don't give me the shit about how rich people got rich. They got rich before Bush got into power too. I didn't hate them before. What changed? The rules. They changed the rules and now things are harder for us but they have never been richer. And still you don't get it.

Forum List

Back