Why I Am Not A Christian

"...that non-christians are going to hell. I apologized to her for it; it was an error..."

[/FONT]

Stating that non-Christians are going to hell is not incorrect.

The absolute fact is that God has told us in the Book of John 3-16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

You can not enter Heaven unless you believe in Jesus. The Jews, the Muslims, all non-Christian faith followers are doomed to burn in the firey pits of hell for all eternity. Believe in Jesus, the Holy Trinity, and you shall have everlasting life.

Praise Jesus,
ex-Fr. Yukon

Dumbasses like you who can't distinguish between concepts such as theology and fact should never try to claim one is the other.

It is the direction that I brought up that you were trying to avoid. ;)
As I just said in my previous post: I have no problem talking with you about this topic if you actually want to get into it. But let's be honest: you got completely shot down with your last point, and instead of continuing it or conceding stupidity, you just misdirected somewhere else.

But watch! With the magic of the internet, we can talk about both at the same time!

Topic 1: Do you now understand why people can consider a one celled embryo living tissue and at the same time not see it as a living human being? Do you see how the term "living" applies to do completely different things there?

Topic 2: You have yet to show how or why policy should affect the elderly and an embryo in the same way. You haven't shown why they are the same at all, so why compare them in such a fashion?

I'll be waiting for you now to ignore both issues to start something completely different and claim that's where you really wanted to go.

No, you are the one that wanted to dodge my point. My point was "living" after which you tried to switch to "living on its own" so I am just following along YOUR diversion.

No, you are the one that wanted to dodge my point. My point was "living" after which you tried to switch to "living on its own" so I am just following along YOUR diversion.

False. You cannot quote me in that regard whatsoever. And now you are dodging BOTH topics.

So why not pick one, or both, and discuss them? Are you still confused as to how the term "living" applies differently? Are you still confused about what differentiates an embryo from the elderly?

You tell me which you'd like to discuss instead of dodging both by talking about dodging points. I'll discuss either, so you can't really claim I'm dodging anything.

Cecille1200 said:
I hope that will fulfill the obligatory recitation of this senseless, illogical mantra and spare us any need to hear it again, but I realize I'm probably hoping in vain. Way too many people think uttering this tripe substitutes for real thought on the subject.

Fyi: you don't need to quote a post to state an opinion of your own.

FYI: I do when my opinion is about the post in question.

In English, we call that a "comparison". What do they call it in YOUR language?

Are you really so dense as to not understand the difference between drawing comparisons between entire concepts, and drawing comparisons between aspects of concepts? The latter occurred. It was a comparison. The former did not, so it should not be concluded that I at any point likened an embryo to intestine outside the similarity that both shared.

Let me know if you are still having trouble with this concept.

Regardless of your misdirecting fallacy, the point still remains that we can call a one celled embryo living because it is a living tissue, without making a claim about it being a living human being. LIGHT seemed to not understand that.

And that brings me back to my point about your lack of basic biology. An embryo is a lot more than just "living tissue", which is why your bringing up intestines - however much you are now vainly trying to backpedal and pretend that you weren't comparing the two - was ridiculous. Please go find a biology textbook - junior high should do it - and look up the words "tissue", "organ", and "organism".

And please don't make any more sad attempts to educate people on a subject you are so fuzzy on yourself.

And that brings me back to my point about your lack of basic biology. An embryo is a lot more than just "living tissue"

You made the same straw man mistake as someone else did in the abortion thread. An embryo is living tissue. This is fact. Claiming I am not saying anything else about it and adding words like "is a lot more than just" before that fact does not change that fact.

An embryo IS a living tissue, just as intestines is living tissue. These are still factual statements which you have yet to refute. That still does not mean an embryo is equivalent to intestine. I can't tell whether you don't understand the word "comparison" or don't understand "living tissue".

So if you think it is MORE than living tissue, please tell me what is included in an embryo, comprised of three layers of cells, aside from living tissue. I look forward to hearing all the additional things, since you claim it is a lot more.

And that brings me back to my point about your lack of basic biology. An embryo is a lot more than just "living tissue"

You made the same straw man mistake as someone else did in the abortion thread. An embryo is living tissue. This is fact. Claiming I am not saying anything else about it and adding words like "is a lot more than just" before that fact does not change that fact.

An embryo IS a living tissue, just as intestines is living tissue. These are still factual statements which you have yet to refute. That still does not mean an embryo is equivalent to intestine. I can't tell whether you don't understand the word "comparison" or don't understand "living tissue".

So if you think it is MORE than living tissue, please tell me what is included in an embryo, comprised of three layers of cells, aside from living tissue. I look forward to hearing all the additional things, since you claim it is a lot more.

::sigh:: Look, Biology Boy, an embryo is "living tissue" in the same way that YOU are. You're wasting my time and everyone else's trying to dance around the fact that an embryo is ALSO an organism, separate and distinct and alive, just as you are. Nothing needs to be "included" in an embryo for it to be a living organism.

Embryo - New World Encyclopedia

You're wasting my time and everyone else's trying to dance around the fact that an embryo is ALSO an organism, separate and distinct and alive, just as you are.

Well yes, I am comprised of living tissue as well. The difference between me and an embryo is a ton of differentiation, and individual self-supporting independence. I make the claim an embryo is living tissue and you flip out even though the statement is not wrong. But then you say it is MORE with a wrong statement. You think an embryo is a separate organism? Separate from WHAT?! Certainly not the parent. In fact, the very reason the cutoff for abortions is at 24 weeks is because that is the point where the fetus CAN be separate and distinct. Before that point, it cannot.

Please try again.

Whenever pinned on any issue, The Light just flits off to a new one. Debate with some of them is like trying to play ping pong with a monkey.

OMG! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Thanks for the laugh Madeline!!!! The irony in that statement made my morning!!! :lol::lol:

Well, that was better than the vitriol you have written on this thread before, Newby. I am glad I gave you a chuckle. Maybe there is room for some agreement and consensus after all......or at least, mutual respect.

False. You cannot quote me in that regard whatsoever. And now you are dodging BOTH topics.

How quickly you forget...

...Your intestine, for example, is comprised of living cells. Note how your intestine is not a live person, despite almost having the same number of nerves as your brain. It cannot survive outside the body. Let me know if you need help figuring out how that applies to an embryo.

So why not pick one, or both, and discuss them? Are you still confused as to how the term "living" applies differently? Are you still confused about what differentiates an embryo from the elderly?

I never said "embryo," you did in your effort to dodge my point.

You tell me which you'd like to discuss instead of dodging both by talking about dodging points. I'll discuss either, so you can't really claim I'm dodging anything.

No you won't, you'll just dodge again and then claim you never did.

so you're still making no point, just talking about dodging.

let me know when you want to make a point.

How quickly you forget...
You specifically asked me how the two are differentiated. "So if you say life began with a single cell, how is 751,879,699,200,000 cells not life?" Remember this? When you made up numbers? Now you claim my answer is dodging a point? You asked for a concept, and I gave it to you. I didn't "switch" living to "living on its own". You just didn't like the answer, even though the answer didn't switch anything outside of your own head. This is called denial. Don't ask a question if you don't want to hear the answer.

LIGHT said:
I never said "embryo," you did in your effort to dodge my point.
You can use the word "fetus" in there if you like too, and it doesn't change the point. But I can understand how using big words can confuse you like that. Once again nothing is dodged, but you're too clueless to understand the response, are looking for a way out, and so resort to this lame cop-out instead of continuing the discussion.

So to recap the discussion: You completely fabricate numbers about the amount of cells in a human body. You ask to differentiate how a one celled embryo and a developed adult are different if both are considered alive, but then claim I dodge the point when I offer an answer. You don't understand that a one celled fetus IS an embryo, and also claim I'm dodging points for calling it that, even though that's the correct term to use. Overall you attempt to back-pedal away from this topic by pointing fingers. Meanwhile you've made no points outside of stupid remarks about coat hangers, and supported nothing you've said.

The offer still stands: I'll be here when you actually want to make a point instead of whining about your fabricated theories of dodging the topic.

so you're still making no point, just talking about dodging.

let me know when you want to make a point.

Maybe, I was to generous to say you were dodging. Maybe it is just that you are too ignorant.

You specifically asked me how the two are differentiated. "So if you say life began with a single cell, how is 751,879,699,200,000 cells not life?" Remember this? When you made up numbers? Now you claim my answer is dodging a point?

It is.

You asked for a concept, and I gave it to you.

No, I asked for an answer. Which you never gave me. All you did was divert into switching words and termonology.

I didn't "switch" living to "living on its own".

Yes you did and you continue to deny it even when I show you your exact quote where you did.

You just didn't like the answer,

If I asked you a question about apples and got an answer about oranges, of course I wouldn't like the answer now would I?

even though the answer didn't switch anything outside of your own head. This is called denial. Don't ask a question if you don't want to hear the answer.

Yes, I know you are definitely in denial.

You can use the word "fetus" in there if you like too, and it doesn't change the point.

There you go again...Yes, it does change the point. I said "child" not fetus.

But I can understand how using big words can confuse you like that.

Let's see,

child = 5 letters
fetus = 5 letters

hmmm... both the same size. I guess you only know one big word in your vocabulary and cannot process any other. Is that it?

Once again nothing is dodged, but you're too clueless to understand the response, are looking for a way out, and so resort to this lame cop-out instead of continuing the discussion.

I asked a question which did not need "child" "fetus" or "embryo" to be in the answer, but you put it there to intentionally dodge my question.

The offer still stands: you can answer my question whenever is convenient for you. ;)

I would just like to add Neubarth to the list of reasons I am not a Christian.

Christianity is a personal choice. Your excuses won't matter 100 years from now.

No offense intended, but neither will yours.

offense not taken. You are right, just not in the way you probably meant it. Simply put, your statement is meaningless in your belief system.

the Light is a Neubarth sockpuppet?
Figures....

interesting you call two Christians who agree on an issue sockpuppets but if we disagree on something you will say Ha! See Christianity is false because Christians cannot agree.

All of which I expect from someone trying to make up excuses. ;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back