Why I am Done With Sanders; His Debate Offer Response Says it All

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
When Sanders refused to use Hillary's email scandal against her, I gave him high marks for being a person of character who wanted to focus on the issues and not the hyperbole and scandal.

But I was mistaken. Sanders' graciousness only extends to people on the left. If you are to the right of Sanders, he falls into typical fanatical leftwing ideologue behavior as he demonstrated in his graceless, inaccurate and rude 'acceptance' of Trumps offer to debate in California.

This was a gift wrapped opportunity for Sanders to do an end run on Hillary and show he has the debate skills when up against the GOP nominee and to make himself some free publicity. But no, Sanders could not think or see outside his narrow ideological set of blinders and he made a contemptuous response calling Trump a racist and a fraud.

We do not need such inside the box thinking in the oval office, as Sanders' experience playing the ideologue and rubbing elbows with Democrat leadership has honed him to perform. 'Democrats = saints' and 'Republicans = debils' seems to sum up his world view fairly accurately.

We need a leader who will stand up for America, without regard to ideological presumption and restraints. A man who will speak truthfully as he sees it and not see things only in ideological terms.

We need Donald Trump, for all the right reasons.

Last edited:
So you're saying Trump is "on the left"? Otherwise, according to your standards, Sanders never would have been be willing to debate him.

So you're saying Trump is "on the left"? Otherwise, according to your standards, Sanders never would have been be willing to debate him.

I never said Sanders would not debate anyone to the right of him. I said he sees no compelling reason to be accurate in his depiction of those to his right nor courteous when someone is giving him an opportunity.

And of course I am not saying Trump is on the left. That tired old spectrum of left to right is just bullshit anyway, nothing more than shorthand for a quick ideological label, nothing more.

But Sanders was rude, deflecting and in error with his jingoistic response.

When Sanders refused to use Hillary's email scandal against her, I gave him high marks for being a person of character who wanted to focus on the issues and not the hyperbole and scandal.

But I was mistaken. Sanders' graciousness only extends to people on the left. If you are to the right of Sanders, he falls into typical fanatical leftwing ideologue behavior as he demonstrated in his graceless, inaccurate and rude 'acceptance' of Trumps offer to debate in California.

This was a gift wrapped opportunity for Sanders to do an end run on Hillary and show he has the debate skills when up against the GOP nominee and to make himself some free publicity. But no, Sanders could not think or see outside his narrow ideological set of blinders and he made a contemptuous response calling Trump a racist and a fraud.

We do not need such inside the box thinking in the oval office, as Sanders' experience playing the ideologue and rubbing elbows with Democrat leadership has honed him to perform. 'Democrats = saints' and 'Republicans = debils' seems to sum up his world view fairly accurately.

We need a leader who will stand up for America, without regard to ideological presumption and restraints. A man who will speak truthfully as he sees it and not see things only in ideological terms.

Trump does lack an ideology. But....that whole "truthful" thing is lots of weirdness. I'm nt sure a more dishonest man has ever been the nominee of a major party in the US.

I hope Trump deports Bernie to Venezuela

I am simply hugely disappointed in Sanders' response. I thought he was a better person than that.

I think this exposes his fatal flaw if he does get the nomination, though it is unlikely.

He is a complete ideologue and h as no sense of normal sociable generosity, the mark of complete fanatics.

Last edited:
I feel better now about Hillary getting the nomination, really.

At least she will be an easier target to hit.

:0) Get real. You were never a Sanders supporter anyway.

You're just using Sanders as some promo for your celebration of a talk show host for president.

A truly idiotic thread premise and wrongheaded ‘analysis.’

I never said Sanders would not debate anyone to the right of him. I said he sees no compelling reason to be accurate in his depiction of those to his right nor courteous when someone is giving him an opportunity.

And of course I am not saying Trump is on the left. That tired old spectrum of left to right is just bullshit anyway, nothing more than shorthand for a quick ideological label, nothing more.

You are indeed ridiculous.

You're just using Sanders as some promo for your celebration of a talk show host for president.

There’s nothing wrong with a talk show host as president.

There is something wrong with a demagogue, con man, and bigot being president, however – in this case, Trump.

Late Night with Barack Obama!

Calm down man, he's talking about bernie sanders.

Late Night with Barack Obama!

Lol, ideologues just cant fathom that someone might like their candidates unless you share in their ideological fanaticism.

...But no, Sanders could not think or see outside his narrow ideological set of blinders and he made a contemptuous response calling Trump a racist and a fraud.....

Seems like a pretty accurate description of Trump

And that convinced you that Bernie is a ignorant commie not worthy of your support and that the only chance to make 'murica great again is to get The Donald selected and make sure the magnificent wall will be build....

:alcoholic:

doesnt that pretty much sum up trump.......in a nutshell...rude and deflecting and jingoistic?

Forum List

Back