Why hasn't anyone tried moving the 1000 ton Baalbek stone?

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I've read that someone calculated that 512 men could move a 1000 ton Baalbek stone using the same primitive tools used 2000 years ago. So why hasn't anyone tried? Somehow Roman slaves moved a similar stone and lifted it into place in a Roman temple. It can't be that hard to fund a project like that, especially to solve a 2000 year old mystery. I don't think there's any way 512 men move that stone.

Of the trilithon Stones some claim 1400 Tons is more likely for one of the three , The one in the quarry is potentially more

Edward Leedskalnin mastered leverage in that way.

As a causual aside kind of thing, I highly recommend his book "A Book In Every Home'' which contains three subjects. "Ed's Sweet Sixteen, Domestic and Political Views."

I've read that someone calculated that 512 men could move a 1000 ton Baalbek stone using the same primitive tools used 2000 years ago. So why hasn't anyone tried? Somehow Roman slaves moved a similar stone and lifted it into place in a Roman temple. It can't be that hard to fund a project like that, especially to solve a 2000 year old mystery. I don't think there's any way 512 men move that stone.

Probably because it's an UNESCO world heritage site...

Edward Leedskalnin mastered leverage in that way.

As a causual aside kind of thing, I highly recommend his book "A Book In Every Home'' which contains three subjects. "Ed's Sweet Sixteen, Domestic and Political Views."

This seems to me, an apples to oranges comparison.

Perhaps the same principles. . . but, it is still seems mysterious to me.

Different stone hardness types, and different metals and technology were available to the supposed folks that did these feats. Likewise, we are talking different magnitudes of sizes of monuments involved.

jSNfyjQGbLCsmmozt34ddm-970-80.jpg.webp

Author Benjamin Radford is shown visiting Florida's mysterious Coral Castle in 2012. (Image credit: Benjamin Radford.)
Mystery of the Coral Castle Explained

stone2.jpg

The Stone of the Pregnant Woman, photographed between 1890 and 1900, at Baalbek in Lebanon. ( Public domain )

The ancients were masters of using human power and simple machines. We no longer remember how to do things that way. No need for that after draft animals came along.

This seems to me, an apples to oranges comparison.

Perhaps the same principles. . . but, it is still seems mysterious to me.

Different stone hardness types, and different metals and technology were available to the supposed folks that did these feats. Likewise, we are talking different magnitudes of sizes of monuments involved.

jSNfyjQGbLCsmmozt34ddm-970-80.jpg.webp

Author Benjamin Radford is shown visiting Florida's mysterious Coral Castle in 2012. (Image credit: Benjamin Radford.)
Mystery of the Coral Castle Explained

stone2.jpg

The Stone of the Pregnant Woman, photographed between 1890 and 1900, at Baalbek in Lebanon. ( Public domain )

Ed was but one man, though. Barely a hundred pounds. He was limited in the leverage he could generate.

Plus he always made people go away when he moved stuff.

The precision required for the door and rocking chair to function as they did are some kind of cosmic magic math, but leverage is a good way to say it for short.

The principle is all that matters. Magnitude of manipulation of the principle is not germane as it would naturally vary when compared to that of the capability of a single man to generate leverage verus that of the capability of a hundred men.

“I have discovered the secrets of the pyramids. I discovered how the ancient Egyptians and builders in Peru, Yucatan and Asia, with simple tools, have lifted stones weighing tons.” - Ed

Last edited:

How the Pyramids Were Built

They could have constructed a wooden mold and poured cement into it. The ancient ruling classes, both in Rome and Egypt, had special and secret knowledge of manufacturing and medicine.

Forum List

Back