Why forgive "student loans" and not all other loans? Why is Biden (democrats) so adamant about it?

No, I'm really not. I'm arguing for everything being equal.

If some can get free money, all should get free money. As far as I'm concerned none should get free money but I'm not going to support it for just some.
they didnt get free money,, there were conditions to their loans,, so unless they violated those conditions theres nothing to discuss,,,

the conditions of a student loan is you will pay them back......

they didnt get free money,, there were conditions to their loans,, so unless they violated those conditions theres nothing to discuss,,,

the conditions of a student loan is you will pay them back......

Keep on defending it. I don't expect any less.

Keep on defending it. I don't expect any less.
not defending anything,, just saying what the contract for the loan said,,,

a student loan says you will pay it back......................................................................................................... nothing else,,

No desire to chase you down a rabbit hole. The PPP loan did happen and I don't recall anyone taking it to the Supreme Court.
The difference between the 2 is simply this. The legislation which enacted the PPP loans allowed for them to be forgiven under certain circumstances which apparently TBs company met. The law Biden was trying to use relieve college loans didn’t.

Your bitch is with Congress not SCOTUS.

The difference between the 2 is simply this. The legislation which enacted the PPP loans allowed for them to be forgiven under certain circumstances which apparently TBs company met. The law Biden was trying to use relieve college loans didn’t.

Your bitch is with Congress not SCOTUS.

FREE MONEY!!!!!

I never blamed the SCOTUS in any instance. I am pointing out the massive hypocrisy of so many.

FREE MONEY!!!!!

I never blamed the SCOTUS in any instance. I am pointing out the massive hypocrisy of so many.
no hypocrisy,,

the conditions of the PPP were followed,, the conditions of a student loan are for the person that received it to pay it back,,,

why is that so hard for you to understand??

I was curious about how student loan forgiveness became a thing.
According to Google:

When did student loan forgiveness program start?
October 1, 2007
The program, signed into law by President George W. Bush, allows for loan forgiveness after 10 years of payments and meeting other criteria for individuals employed in public service. The official PSLF start date is October 1, 2007.

But, I was looking more for the why. I think that it has something to do with the degree of difficulty young people face trying to get going these days. It was always hard, but we're seeing a record.

no hypocrisy,,

the conditions of the PPP were followed,, the conditions of a student loan are for the person that received it to pay it back,,,

why is that so hard for you to understand??

FREE MONEY!!!!! You are going to destroy this country with all this FREE MONEY!!!

FREE MONEY!!!!! You are going to destroy this country with all this FREE MONEY!!!
thats not the discussion,, its not free when the government forces you to close or restrict your business,,,

the people that took out student loans agreed to pay it back,,,

Forum List

Back