Why Fear Not Science Is Running The Politics Of The Corona Virus

Shrimpbox

Gold Member
Dec 4, 2013
Carrabelle, fl. 60 miles s of tallahassee
l for the week ending April 4 was 3.9 percent, but that’s down from a recent peak of about 6.4 percent during the week ending March 21.

CDC weekly COVID-19 death counts

I have been looking for these figures for a long time and I have just found them. The purpose of this exercise is to try to uncover the truth about the severity of the pandemic. If the virus is so bad then the country should have seen a huge uptick in overall deaths in March and early April. As the chart shows not only have weekly death tolls not increased, they have gone down, giving a lie to the whole notion that the effects of this pandemic are out of the boundaries of all norms. This allows me to state with factual backup that this is a crisis of media generated fear, not actual facts. Most would say that my anecdotal mentions of not knowing anyone who has gotten the virus much less anyone that has died from it is because of my location and my inbred ignorance. But how many more of me are there? The TV is replete with important sounding people from Mark Cuban to a guy today who predicts in may that this winter would be like nothing we have ever seen before in disease and death. They make comments like you just don’t know who you are going to meet that is going to kill you, yes mark cuban, who I like, made that comment. On the other end we have hospitals that may be paid $3000 for someone who dies from natural causes , but $39,000 for someone who dies of Covid 19. Yeah that is not going to skew the figures is it? Simply put, and all content producers of news are guilty of this, we are being mislead, we are being fraudently managed and controlled, and our country is being slowly destroyed by a fiction. All I ever hear from the scientists is we have to go by the data. Well I am presenting the data and it does not support the fear mongering going on in the media, or the censorship going on in Facebook, google, and twitter. Open up the country now.
Week ending dateCOVID-19 DeathsDeaths from All CausesPercent of Expected Deaths
Feb. 1056,55795
Feb. 8057,06796
Feb. 15056,07995
Feb. 22055,60596
Feb. 29554,90096
March 71954,22294
March 144452,18791
March 2144751,42891
March 282,20551,60292
April 4*4,46246,91784
April 11*2,49922,01240
* Reporting for these weeks is still incomplete.
Source: U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Center for Health Statistics, Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).

Ever stop to consider that when this first came around, we knew nothing about the virus, and had very little ideas on how to treat it, which might be the reason the death toll was so high at first?

Now? There are several companies and nations working on a treatment, as well as a vaccine, and many treatments have been fast tracked.

Maybe the reason that the death toll is going down is because doctors and scientists are starting to see how this virus works, and how to combat it.

Ever stop to consider that when this first came around, we knew nothing about the virus, and had very little ideas on how to treat it, which might be the reason the death toll was so high at first?

Now? There are several companies and nations working on a treatment, as well as a vaccine, and many treatments have been fast tracked.

Maybe the reason that the death toll is going down is because doctors and scientists are starting to see how this virus works, and how to combat it.

And that we largely overreacted to it.....look, I get the up front steps, but if the data is telling you something, then perhaps its time to adjust fire accordingly & to quit the fear mongering...

Maybe the reason that the death toll is going down is because doctors and scientists are starting to see how this virus works, and how to combat it
No, it's going thru the normal cycle of a disease but House arrest is extending the problem, not solving it

• Thanks
Reactions: KGB

or people were following CDC protocol

social distancing - self quarantine - wearing masks

Like I've said in other threads, if we want to find out who is right, Trump or Fauci and the CDC, all we have to do is wait 2 weeks and see if the places that opened up see a spike in cases.

If there is a spike, Fauci and the CDC was right and Trump was wrong.

If there are no spikes, then Trump was right and Fauci and the CDC were wrong.

Like I've said in other threads, if we want to find out who is right, Trump or Fauci and the CDC, all we have to do is wait 2 weeks and see if the places that opened up see a spike in cases.

why would a trumpbot care if theres 200 thousand more deaths from the virus ?

Because Trumpbots are the ones that think people don't need to wear masks, and that makes them one of the highest risk populations.

TBH -

If it is limited to NYC, LA, Frisco, Chicago, Miami, Philadelphia - I don't care
I thought it would take 5 suitcase bombs to end the Democratic Party as a National Party
This will work.

Forum List

Back