Why DON'T you carry a gun?

I keep a gun at home. But I would no sooner carry a deadly weapon in public than I would carry an unlit Molotov cocktail in my pocket.

Do you drive a car? Is driving something that is responsible for more deaths than guns somehow more responsible than carrying a gun?

Of course, there's the question of what the purpose of a gun is vs the purpose of a car.

In both cases, my cynicism tends to make me wary around people who are carrying/using either one. :eusa_shhh:

I keep a gun at home. But I would no sooner carry a deadly weapon in public than I would carry an unlit Molotov cocktail in my pocket.

Do you drive a car? Is driving something that is responsible for more deaths than guns somehow more responsible than carrying a gun?

Yes

There are way more accidental deaths from cars than there are from guns, how is a car driving a car more responsible than carrying a gun?

Of course, there's the question of what the purpose of a gun is vs the purpose of a car.

In both cases, my cynicism tends to make me wary around people who are carrying/using either one. :eusa_shhh:

I know what you mean.

Yes

There are way more accidental deaths from cars than there are from guns, how is a car driving a car more responsible than carrying a gun?

The function of a car is to provide transportation
The function of a gun is to propel a projectile at a high rate of speed.

Yes

Gee, what a great question. I've always wondered why eating a well-balanced diet is more responsible than eating sand and pebbles.

If the threat of guns in the hands of the public - law abiding citizens and criminals alike - is as bad as you think it is - so bad, in fact, that you believe the rights of the law abiding must limited for the better sake of society - why haven't you purchased a gun and taken the training necessary to use it effectively?

I have carried a weapon, in the Navy and in my civilian career. I've seen the damage a projectile does to the human body and the grief of family members when informed their loved one was murdered. I've been a member of death review boards - there are two in every county in CA, one to examine the deaths of minors (17 and under) and the other of adults who had had contact with any county agency.

I suspect many who are so enamored with their guns have a fantasy of being a hero and saving someone with their weapon, killing the bad guy or guys is their daydream. I've seen how trained police officers are affected when in the line of duty they kill a suspect. It isn't pleasant and it seems to never go away.

I saw my father-in-law pale when he saw a Japanses man in a car next to ours and when I asked what was wrong he said, "I killled that man" (he was a gunner in a Billy Mitchell during WWII).
Sooo....?

You don't carry a gun because the thought of the harm you might inflict in your own defense or in that of others is too difficult to bear?

if not, then...?

If the threat of guns in the hands of the public - law abiding citizens and criminals alike - is as bad as you think it is - so bad, in fact, that you believe the rights of the law abiding must limited for the better sake of society - why haven't you purchased a gun and taken the training necessary to use it effectively?

I have carried a weapon, in the Navy and in my civilian career. I've seen the damage a projectile does to the human body and the grief of family members when informed their loved one was murdered. I've been a member of death review boards - there are two in every county in CA, one to examine the deaths of minors (17 and under) and the other of adults who had had contact with any county agency.

I suspect many who are so enamored with their guns have a fantasy of being a hero and saving someone with their weapon, killing the bad guy or guys is their daydream. I've seen how trained police officers are affected when in the line of duty they kill a suspect. It isn't pleasant and it seems to never go away.

I saw my father-in-law pale when he saw a Japanses man in a car next to ours and when I asked what was wrong he said, "I killled that man" (he was a gunner in a Billy Mitchell during WWII).

My dad would have said that your father-in-law was a fucking pussy. When my dad was in the hospital dying a Jap nurse came into the room and he half sat up, pointed at her and said "Get that fucking gook out of here".

My dad would have said that your father-in-law was a fucking pussy. When my dad was in the hospital dying a Jap nurse came into the room and he half sat up, pointed at her and said "Get that fucking gook out of here".

Well, it looks as if the acorn didn't fall far from the tree.

FYI, the B-25 was originally intended for level bombing from medium altitudes, it was used extensively in the Pacific area for bombing Japanese airfields from treetop level and for strafing and skip bombing enemy shipping. His Bomber Group, 345th, was based in New Guinea and he saw combat in the Pacific from 1943 until VJ Day.

Pussy he and his crew were not. But many thanks for proving you're an asshole.

Good to see that he raised you right, anyway. :rolleyes:

FYI, the B-25 was originally intended for level bombing from medium altitudes, it was used extensively in the Pacific area for bombing Japanese airfields from treetop level and for strafing and skip bombing enemy shipping. His Bomber Group, 345th, was based in New Guinea and he saw combat in the Pacific from 1943 until VJ Day.

Heh, you know what pal...my father also served in the south pacific at New Guinea. And I know what he would have said about your father-in-law being all choked up over some gook. My dad hated those bastards until the day he died. As far as tree top level goes my dad told me the Japs used to bomb their airfields so much that he could remember running while seeing explosions off to each side and that the ground concussion was so bad that he was tossed into the air about tree top level while still trying to run. When he hit the ground he was on his knees, got up and kept running for a shell hole. This happened often. He also told me about a company of jap marines that were hand picked that hid in caves. Each one was over 6' tall and they would attack at night quietly with bayonets . So go you can go fuck yourself and your B -25 stories. If your father in law had been in the shit he would not have been such a pussy when he came home.

Last edited:

Heh, you know what pal...my father also served in the south pacific at New Guinea. And I know what he would have said about your father-in-law being all choked up over some gook. My dad hated those bastards until the day he died.
The both of you are idiots. "Gook" refers to Koreans, not Japanese.

I guess racism tends to go hand-in-hand with idiocy. :dunno:

That's what he would have said.

Yeah, I'm thinking "heaven" for those who spew racist epithets at those trying to help them involves flames and imps with pitchforks...

I'm just sayin...

Oh and BTW, my dad didn't believe in heaven or hell, I asked him. He was also one of the founding members of a world renown Search and Rescue team. Dad did OK for himself and was a tough old son of a bitch. He would laugh at your ..jsut sayin Internet bullshit and cheerfully spit in your eye.

Forum List

Back