Why DON'T you carry a gun?

My concealed carry weapon has been seen just once. My knife wielding would be, mugger thought better. I never got it out of my holster. Thankfully, I didn't have to be the man who killed a man who desperately needed it.

Found this fascinating in giving a picture (excuse the pun) of gun ownership in America.

Freakonomics » Guns in America

Interesting that somebody would adopt something like that as a project, but even more interesting that he came to the conclusion that most of us already embrace: The huge majority of gun owners are ordinary, honest, hard working, non violent Americans that neither flaunt their guns nor are ashamed of them.

And most Americans don't carry not because they are opposed to it, but because they don't feel any particular threat or need to do so. As I previously posted, when I was driving all over the state by myself in my work, I felt more vulnerable as a woman alone in the middle of nowhere. And I did have protection with me in the car. These days I don't go places where I feel vulnerable and I don't have any desire to carry a weapon. But, if I did feel vulnerable or threatened, I would have absolutely no problem doing so.

NYC's crime rate is on the rise with plenty of shootings.

Those tough NYC gun control laws are real effective in stopping criminals from getting their hands on guns and using them against a public they know won't shoot back.

New York City Has the Third-Fewest Homicides on Record in 2011, Mayor Says - Bloomberg

NYC had the third lowest rate of homicides in it's history last year. 502 murders compared to 2245 Murders in 1990.

Looks like those tough gun control laws are working

I'm not sure the decrease should be attributed to the gun laws. Rather a concerted effort by the city along with its law enforcement to curb and deter crime through a revamped and more powerful police force.

There's still plenty of shootings everyday, criminals still carry guns on the street and will continue to do so regardless of their legal status.

NYC's tough gun laws didn't do anything to prevent this,

48 NYC shootings in a weekend: Trend or random tragedy? – This Just In - CNN.com Blogs

Nor can they ever.

Oh....I get it

Guns don't kill people.....people kill people

Guns just make it easier for people to kill people

Guns make it much harder for people to kill people.

I'm a 6 foot, 210 pound man with extensive martial arts training. Women are no match and cannot defend against me. I have thousands of hours of forms with staffs, swords and knifes. Of course, it's all irrelevant and done for fun, because a 4'8" woman with a .22 can take me down with ease.

Take away the guns, and we return to the days where the big, strong and trained were unstoppable. Where we could kill without fear.

The left seeks to remove the ability of the weak and powerless to defend themselves. To make the peasants once again dependent on nobility to defend them. Guns ended the aristocracy in the first place. Guns are an impediment to the leftist dream of a return to a feudal society.

My Tiger-style will defeat your Mantis-style. It is nearly perfect, and when used properly no can defense.

funny-image-kung-fu-cat1.jpg

My Tiger-style will defeat your Mantis-style. It is nearly perfect, and when used properly no can defense.

The left dreams of the days where a disarmed peasantry is dependent on a Noble class to "protect" them.

Guns ended feudalism. They empowered the commoner to contend with the best trained in war. The left rues the event and the equality offered society as a result.

The left dreams of the days where a disarmed peasantry is dependent on a Noble class to "protect" them.

Guns ended feudalism. They empowered the commoner to contend with the best trained in war. The left rues the event and the equality offered society as a result.

Yeah.....but not one actor or actress will turn down using one in their friggen movies.

Forum List

Back