Why doesn't Michigan gov. want cops and firefighters to have the right to work?

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
This baffles me.

At long last, most people have a right to work in Michigan now. But not the cops and firefighters. The right to work law exempts cops and firefighters. Why on Earth wouldn't we want our cops and firefighters to have the right to work? That's absurd! The Michigan legislature and governor must truly hate the police and firefighters to want to deny them the right to work! You'd think these folks would be the FIRST you'd want to have the right to work!

This baffles me.

At long last, most people have a right to work in Michigan now. But not the cops and firefighters. The right to work law exempts cops and firefighters. Why on Earth wouldn't we want our cops and firefighters to have the right to work? That's absurd! The Michigan legislature and governor must truly hate the police and firefighters to want to deny them the right to work! You'd think these folks would be the FIRST you'd want to have the right to work!

Weren't you telling us earlier that the new RTW laws were a violation of the Constitution or something. So now how come they're good and the status quo is bad? Make up your mind.

I suspect this was a compromise so the legislation could pass. Maybe the union thugs could take it out on the cops and firemen for being sell-outs.

This baffles me.

Weren't you telling us earlier that the new RTW laws were a violation of the Constitution or something.

No.

So now how come they're good and the status quo is bad? Make up your mind.

I suspect this was a compromise so the legislation could pass. Maybe the union thugs could take it out on the cops and firemen for being sell-outs.

I'm not interested in your suspicions.

Keep eating those paint chips genius.
Earlier on Tuesday the GOP controlled state house approved a law that would make the payment of union dues voluntary for private-sector unions and most public-sector unions (police and firefighters would be exempt.) The bill was approved by a vote of 58-51.
Michigan Governor Signs Right-to-Work Bill Into Law - ABC News

Yep you truly are stupid. Tell me you fucking dummy how is it that Cops wont have jobs cause of right to work law?

Keep eating those paint chips genius.
Earlier on Tuesday the GOP controlled state house approved a law that would make the payment of union dues voluntary for private-sector unions and most public-sector unions (police and firefighters would be exempt.) The bill was approved by a vote of 58-51.
Michigan Governor Signs Right-to-Work Bill Into Law - ABC News

Yep you truly are stupid. Tell me you fucking dummy how is it that Cops wont have jobs cause of right to work law?

I don't know, how is it?

This baffles me.

Weren't you telling us earlier that the new RTW laws were a violation of the Constitution or something.

No.

So now how come they're good and the status quo is bad? Make up your mind.

I'm not interested in your suspicions.

You're not interested in anything other than crapping your own misconceptions and misinformation all over this forum.

This baffles me.

Ask the police and firefighter unions.

This baffles me.

I didn't know they got to write the law in Michigan.

This baffles me.

I didn't know they got to write the law in Michigan.

Not just michigan. Maybe that's why the most frequent visitor to the Obama White House was Andy Kessler of SEIU.

Forum List

Back