Why does your rep power go down?

After reading the explanations, I think it is a very nice and fun popularity game, but not completely, because it correlates with how long you have been here and how fast you stop talking to people who give you negative reps without comments.

After reading the explanations, I think it is a very nice and fun popularity game, but not completely, because it correlates with how long you have been here and how fast you stop talking to people who give you negative reps without comments.

Post often, and be nice to people, and you will gain more positive rep. :)

A welcome rep for you.. but

Some members give negs even for a respectful conservative point of view, you'll just have to get used to it..

When I started it took me over 6 weeks just to get to zero...:lol:

( a coven of witches, as I recall)

..and I'm a nice, respectful sorta Guy.. well, mostly anyway...

Last edited:

Just be yourself and do not sweat the rep stuff. Honesty and integrity in your posts will insure that have a nice journey at USMB . Post accurately with sources and you will find that the respect you garner is far more satisfying than winning a popularity contest.

some people choose to opt out of the system altogether, in part for the reasons you've mentioned.

AquaAthena explains it well.

Last edited:

A welcome rep for you.. but

Some members give negs even for a respectful conservative point of view, you'll just have to get used to it..

When I started it took me over 6 weeks just to get to zero...:lol:

( a coven of witches, as I recall)

..and I'm a nice, respectful sorta Guy.. well, mostly anyway...

Yeah, just look around at which group has the highest rep counts. Damn Liberals run this place. :rolleyes:

i don't think that is entirely true. some of the most contentious posters have high reps and some of the more thoughtful posters have low reps because they end up on the wrong side of a popular opinion.

c'mon noomi...lol...look at the avatars out there and i am sure you can expand upon your suggestions on how to get positive rep.

Rep is completely worthless, and pretty much not an indication of anything. People neg for fun, they pos rep each other just to build each other's rep up. It's a joke. Do yourself a favor and just opt out of it.

i don't think that is entirely true. some of the most contentious posters have high reps and some of the more thoughtful posters have low reps because they end up on the wrong side of a popular opinion.

c'mon noomi...lol...look at the avatars out there and i am sure you can expand upon your suggestions on how to get positive rep.

Noomi is right.

If you want to know the true rep "value' of a poster, you divide their reps into the amount of posts they have made, not the length of time they have been here. You will find often that the ones with the most provocative avatars have a low amount of rep value.

I abdicated the reps system with the highest amount of reps to post ratio, on board....76.1. I just got tired of the games and they were serving me no purpose, other than to help others build their rep value, which I very much enjoyed doing. But I don't like to be at the top of anything, so if one feels that way, one just goes by the old adage, "know when to hold `em and know when to fold `em." I folded and have never been happier.

In case one cannot use a calculator to divide their reps into their post amount, then move the decimal to the left a notch or two, one can go here and use the 3-percent calculator....second field.

Math.com Homework Help Hot Subject: Percents

Enter first, your amount of reps, and then your posts amount. Presto. Your true rep value. :D

Forum List

Back