Why Does Trump Lie So Much? Is It Good Politics?

Trump claimed he saw thousands of Muslims dancing in the streets of NJ on 9-11. It was a common myth among conservatives.
When informed that there is no record of that happening and no TV station covered it....Trump just doubled down on the lie....I saw it
Then he took an obscure article by Serge Kovaleski and claimed it affirmed what he had said. Kovaleski denied he had said anything like that and Trump called him a liar and mocked him for being crippled

If you were confident in what you just posted, you would not have included the lie that Trump mocked the reporter for being crippled.

That is a lie, you know it, I proved that you to multiple times.

You are a liar.
Prove it again. I am sure lots of folks missed that just like I did.

Trump claimed he saw thousands of Muslims dancing in the streets of NJ on 9-11. It was a common myth among conservatives.
When informed that there is no record of that happening and no TV station covered it....Trump just doubled down on the lie....I saw it
Then he took an obscure article by Serge Kovaleski and claimed it affirmed what he had said. Kovaleski denied he had said anything like that and Trump called him a liar and mocked him for being crippled
/——-/ Not a myth. Learn how to Google EXCLUSIVE: Some Jersey City Muslims did celebrate 9/11, cop and residents say
That was not the lie trump told. He said he saw thousands celebrating in the streets of New Jersey on a TV broadcast. No such broadcast exist. He was lying. He did not see what he claims and has never admitted it as a mistake, hence it continues to be one of his biggest and most malicious hateful lies.

He probably conflated the small numbers he saw HERE, with the large numbers he saw from overseas.

Such memory mistakes are common with eyewitness reports, especially in old people.

And no one in their right mind apologizes to the Vile Left.

You people are just a Howling Mob.

You see any apology as a sign of weakness and just attack more.

You are vile like that.

This was one of his most malicious and hateful lies. It was meant to portray American Muslims as traitors. It set an anti American Muslim tone that continues with Trump supporters to this day.
Very true

This was not a typical Trump...... I am so Great lie

It was intended to breed hatred against Muslim Americans

/——-/ Not a myth. Learn how to Google EXCLUSIVE: Some Jersey City Muslims did celebrate 9/11, cop and residents say
That was not the lie trump told. He said he saw thousands celebrating in the streets of New Jersey on a TV broadcast. No such broadcast exist. He was lying. He did not see what he claims and has never admitted it as a mistake, hence it continues to be one of his biggest and most malicious hateful lies.

He probably conflated the small numbers he saw HERE, with the large numbers he saw from overseas.

Such memory mistakes are common with eyewitness reports, especially in old people.

You are vile like that.
Prove that trump apologized for the lie you now admit he told by some kind of mistake or blaming on old age.

You are vile like that.
If it was an “ honest mistake”. He should have apologized profusely when informed of his error
His statement could have provoked retribution against innocent Muslims. To not correct himself was cruel

You are vile like that.
Prove that trump apologized for the lie you now admit he told by some kind of mistake or blaming on old age.
/——-/ no need for an apology. Learn how to Google. The Video of Celebrations That Was Broadcast on 9/11

If you were confident in what you just posted, you would not have included the lie that Trump mocked the reporter for being crippled.

That is a lie, you know it, I proved that you to multiple times.

You are a liar.
Prove it again. I am sure lots of folks missed that just like I did.

Sure.

Did Trump mock disabled reporter or not?

Bolding and enlarging added.

"Kovaleski has arthrogryposis, a congenital condition which limits the movement of his joints and has left his right hand sharply angled at the wrist. Kovaleski speaks with a normal voice and doesn't wave his arms around. (Watch a video of him talking about his ground-breaking reporting on the murder cases against former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez.)"

"some Trump supporters have shared other examples in which Trump has shaken his hands and used an odd tone of voice to refer to other people.

In one video, Trump is shown referring to one of his primary rivals, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, with flailing arms and an exaggerated voice. (See it here.) In another, he uses similar, if more subdued, motions when referring to an unnamed general. (See it here.)"

The reporter's disability does not cause him to be spastic, it causes the exact opposite, ie joint immobility.

Trump has used his flailing motion bit to mock other people who are NOT disabled.

He was clearly mocking the reporter. He was also clearly NOT mocking the reporter's disability.

A very important distinction.

To claim he was mocking a handicapped person's disability is a vile lie.

You are vile like that.
/——/ It wasn’t a lie. I saw it on TV too. I worked in NYC on 911. Everyone in our office were watching the news that night. Learn how to Google
When his remarks were revisited as an issue on NBC on Sunday, he said: “All over the world – forget about New Jersey for a second – all over the world, it was reported that Muslims were celebrating the fall of the World Trade Center.“

What will it take to stop Donald Trump?

He quickly rejected NBC anchor Chuck Todd’s assertion that “this didn’t happen in New Jersey”.

“It did happen in New Jersey,” Trump said. “I have hundreds of people that agree with me.”

He said people were reaching out on social media, telling him in person at campaign rallies and calling the Trump Organization, saying: “We saw it. It was dancing in the streets.”

You are vile like that.

I just stated that no one in their right mind apologizes to you people.

You are a Howling Mob and see any hint of apology as a sign of weakness.

Any hint of weakness you see as a signal to attack.

You are vile like that.

You are vile like that.
If it was an “ honest mistake”. He should have apologized profusely when informed of his error
His statement could have provoked retribution against innocent Muslims. To not correct himself was cruel

Have you ever apologized for your "honest mistake" or do you keep using the same vile lie, even though you know it is a lie.

Note the lack of a question mark. There is a reason for that. Can you figure it out, liar?

Also, what is with the stupidity? I clearly stated that no one in their right mind apologizes to people like you.

And explained why.

WTF, is wrong with you?

Everyone knows by now that President Trump lies everyday about matters major and matters trivial. Some think he has a mental illness that causes him to lie. Others think his lies are well thought out and planned for his propaganda purposes. Either one, the guy can not be trusted or believed about anything. He has turned the Presidency into a entity to be mocked and made fun of. Amazingly, folks who complained about a President having a sexual affair in the White House because it showed a lack of character and respect for the office of the President seem perfectly alright about a guy lying everyday to the public and citizens about anything and everything. He even lies about things that are easy to prove almost immediately after he tells the lie. He lies about things people say, even when videos easily prove he is lying.

So, why does Trump lie so much? Good politics or mental illness?
He's a narcissistic pathological liar. I.E., mentally ill.

He is completely incompetent and unsuited for the office of US president. He'd fit in well as a 3rd world dictator. He has brought the office of US president down to depths way below they have ever been even at their lowest. He is a laughingstock around the world and being played by other leaders such as Netanyahu, Putin, Kim, Moon and Macron. They are all playing him, and he is too stupid to realize it.

Even people who have worked in his cabinet call him a moron and an idiot.

Last edited:

You are vile like that.
/——/ It wasn’t a lie. I saw it on TV too. I worked in NYC on 911. Everyone in our office were watching the news that night. Learn how to Google
When his remarks were revisited as an issue on NBC on Sunday, he said: “All over the world – forget about New Jersey for a second – all over the world, it was reported that Muslims were celebrating the fall of the World Trade Center.“

He quickly rejected NBC anchor Chuck Todd’s assertion that “this didn’t happen in New Jersey”.

“It did happen in New Jersey,” Trump said. “I have hundreds of people that agree with me.”

He said people were reaching out on social media, telling him in person at campaign rallies and calling the Trump Organization, saying: “We saw it. It was dancing in the streets.”
What you claim can not be found on Google. There was no broadcast of the imaginary event. You lie. If I am wrong, post it or show the link.

Everyone knows by now that President Trump lies everyday about matters major and matters trivial. Some think he has a mental illness that causes him to lie. Others think his lies are well thought out and planned for his propaganda purposes. Either one, the guy can not be trusted or believed about anything. He has turned the Presidency into a entity to be mocked and made fun of. Amazingly, folks who complained about a President having a sexual affair in the White House because it showed a lack of character and respect for the office of the President seem perfectly alright about a guy lying everyday to the public and citizens about anything and everything. He even lies about things that are easy to prove almost immediately after he tells the lie. He lies about things people say, even when videos easily prove he is lying.

Trump is BSing the media that is lying about Trump to the American people, and he's thoroughly enjoying it and so am I. It's way past due. Trump's "lies" aren't hurting or costing me money like Obama's lies about his healthcare bill did. Why weren't the Obungo supporters crying about his lies?

You are vile like that.

What you claim can not be found on Google. There was no broadcast of the imaginary event. You lie. If I am wrong, post it or show the link.
/—-/ I posted the links. You can now apologize for your “honest mistake.”

You are vile like that.

I believe Trumps lie was pulled from the conservative conspiracy sites that he frequents. The claim of dancing Muslims was common among conservatives at the time. I read the claim on this board frequently

For Trump to repeat the lie is understandable. But he said he personally saw it....that is untrue. But once he was informed it was not true and no network had reported it, he was obligated to admit he was wrong. Instead he sought to confirm his lie
Kovaleski was caught in his wrath

Last edited:

You are vile like that.

/—-/ I posted the links. You can now apologize for your “honest mistake.”
You are lying. You never posted links of Muslims celebrating in the streets of New Jersey. Trump lied about seeing a broadcast and you are lying about seeing a broadcast. Prove both of you are not liars by posting a video of the broadcast you claim can be found with Google. Repost the video you are claiming you posted here.

You are vile like that.

I watched the NYC newscasts also. There are no NYC stations that say they broadcast any such thing.
What there was were rumors. I know a guy.......and he saw it

Just think of the hysteria of 9-11. If there were thousands of Muslims storming Jersey City in celebration, it would have been a lead story. Irate citizens would have videoed it and posted it online

There is no video record because it didn’t happen
Trump lied

Trump is BSing the media that is lying about Trump to the American people, and he's thoroughly enjoying it and so am I. It's way past due. Trump's "lies" aren't hurting or costing me money like Obama's lies about his healthcare bill did. Why weren't the Obungo supporters crying about his lies?
As has been said, "There's one born every minute." Trumpettes dance to the tune of the ringmaster.

Forum List

Back