CDZ Why does the USA need more Muslim immigrants?

Democrats on this board seem to constantly advocate the importation of Muslim immigrants or criticize those who oppose importing more immigrants.

In this thread I want them to explain why we need more of them.
320 pretty much covers the basics. I don't know if everyone arguing against Muslim immigration is a Democrat--I would hope there are still humanitarian Republicans out there, as well. It's not about wanting more Muslims in the US, it's about not wanting to shut out people from a war torn, devastated country who need somewhere safe to raise their families. Most Americans have no clue what it would be like to be in a Syrian refugee's shoes, and we should be profoundly grateful for it. Our government is very careful who they let in. We are not making the same mistakes as Europe and we do not have their problems. Yes, I know Hillary wants to bring in 6 times as many next year, but that is still a minuscule number compared to what Europe has absorbed.
We are being led to disaster? How will shutting out Muslims prevent that disaster? You think it will eliminate the bad guys and prevent all attacks from happening here? You know that flies in the face of facts, right? That the majority of the ISIS inspired attacks in the US have been homegrown radicals, US citizens. That we have not yet experienced disaster with the Muslims living in this country. Even in Europe, many of the ISIS terrorists have been born in France, Belgium, or other countries not directly related to terrorism.
ISIS is a nightmare. We all agree on that. They get me very angry and I want to go blow something up every time they pull their sh*t, but slamming the door (or attempting to slam the door) on them is not the answer. Slamming the door is what, imo, would show fear and weakness.

No...it isn't anything that you say.......it would be easier and more cost effective to keep them closer to the countries where they live....we could give them money and support to help them there....but then they couldn't vote in our elections to get more democrats elected.......

You ignore the support these terrorists recieve by living in muslim enclaves in the host countries....these communities shelter them and hide them and allow them to operate easily.........the no go zones in Britain, and France have been hiding all kinds of crimes against the citizens of those countries....

They should be helped...but in muslim countries that have their values, since their values are alien to ours.
Immigrants have to live here 5 years to begin the process of applying for naturalization. It costs approx. $700 and involves tests in English, US history and civics, plus an extensive application process. If you think they are so "alien" why would they want to do any of this in order to vote?
Keep them closer to where they live? Where? That's where they are, living in tent cities that are bursting at the seams; kids are growing up in those environments without education or any semblance of normalcy. See how they turn out. For some reason no one here wants to explain, the No Fly Zones that have been proposed seem to be a nonstarter. So again, where?
The rest of your post is about Europe, not here, and doesn't apply to this discussion, which is about Muslims immigrating to America.
So let's talk some more about how your ideas are so much more practical than mine.

Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Jordan the Emirates.........the list goes on and on.........Africa.......anywhere where they have similar values and beliefs....

Democrats on this board seem to constantly advocate the importation of Muslim immigrants or criticize those who oppose importing more immigrants.

320 pretty much covers the basics. I don't know if everyone arguing against Muslim immigration is a Democrat--I would hope there are still humanitarian Republicans out there, as well. It's not about wanting more Muslims in the US, it's about not wanting to shut out people from a war torn, devastated country who need somewhere safe to raise their families. Most Americans have no clue what it would be like to be in a Syrian refugee's shoes, and we should be profoundly grateful for it. Our government is very careful who they let in. We are not making the same mistakes as Europe and we do not have their problems. Yes, I know Hillary wants to bring in 6 times as many next year, but that is still a minuscule number compared to what Europe has absorbed.
We are being led to disaster? How will shutting out Muslims prevent that disaster? You think it will eliminate the bad guys and prevent all attacks from happening here? You know that flies in the face of facts, right? That the majority of the ISIS inspired attacks in the US have been homegrown radicals, US citizens. That we have not yet experienced disaster with the Muslims living in this country. Even in Europe, many of the ISIS terrorists have been born in France, Belgium, or other countries not directly related to terrorism.
ISIS is a nightmare. We all agree on that. They get me very angry and I want to go blow something up every time they pull their sh*t, but slamming the door (or attempting to slam the door) on them is not the answer. Slamming the door is what, imo, would show fear and weakness.

No...it isn't anything that you say.......it would be easier and more cost effective to keep them closer to the countries where they live....we could give them money and support to help them there....but then they couldn't vote in our elections to get more democrats elected.......

You ignore the support these terrorists recieve by living in muslim enclaves in the host countries....these communities shelter them and hide them and allow them to operate easily.........the no go zones in Britain, and France have been hiding all kinds of crimes against the citizens of those countries....

They should be helped...but in muslim countries that have their values, since their values are alien to ours.
Immigrants have to live here 5 years to begin the process of applying for naturalization. It costs approx. $700 and involves tests in English, US history and civics, plus an extensive application process. If you think they are so "alien" why would they want to do any of this in order to vote?
Keep them closer to where they live? Where? That's where they are, living in tent cities that are bursting at the seams; kids are growing up in those environments without education or any semblance of normalcy. See how they turn out. For some reason no one here wants to explain, the No Fly Zones that have been proposed seem to be a nonstarter. So again, where?
The rest of your post is about Europe, not here, and doesn't apply to this discussion, which is about Muslims immigrating to America.
So let's talk some more about how your ideas are so much more practical than mine.

Immigration has been a foundation of this country from its inception. The constant influx of new ideas and perspectives has been a key benefit of the proverbial melting pot. The nonimmigrant American population is shrinking due to a low birth rate (career focused individuals) and immigration is necessary to sustain the desired rate of population growth. Immigrants from Middle Eastern countries are a valuable source of military intelligence and many are serving in the military and government as interrupters and cultural consultants.

Muslims as an immigrant group do represent a higher relative risk, in that Islamic radicals can and do use the immigration/refugee process to get into our country and can more easily pose as refugees from Middle Eastern countries. This risk is further exacerbated by the inability to screen refugees because in many cases there is little no background data to support a vetting process. Also concerning is the disproportionately high number of young men, a risk demographic, that make up the refugee population; I haven’t heard a convincing explanation for this other than that a lot of them are coming from the battle field.

We need to distinguish between immigrants and refugees; immigrants want to come to the US. Refugees have been driven from their homes by, in this case, war and are trying to find a safe place to go. Ideally refugees will return to their homes once the fighting has ended. The further away they are taken the harder it is for them to return. Ideally no-fly zones should be established so that refugees can be cared for as near their homes as is feasible.

The Obama administration has made vetting the refugees even more difficult because they ordered records of Middle Easterners who have been logging onto extremist websites to be deleted.

In regards to having a religion based immigration criteria we need to acknowledge that Islam is both a religion and a form of government. With this in mind it is perfectly responsible to screen someone based on their views of religious law vs. US government law. Anyone who cannot abide by US laws is clearly not qualified to immigrate to the US.

The European immigration process is a bit different than that of the US. European immigrants very often are not accepted by the indigenous populations and do not assimilate into the culture. Over time large sections of cities are taken over by different immigrant groups and control by the government is largely lost. This leads to an us-vs-them mentality and when cultural differences erupt they can quickly get out of hand.

I do believe we should allow immigration from the Middle East as long as we can properly vet them to make sure they will be an asset to our country. I do not agree that we should allow refugees into the US unless they have a special circumstance. A no fly zone should be established and the refugees should be cared for in a location that allows them to return to their homes when the fighting stops.

Last edited:

NEED is a strong word, unless we are talking someplace like big government Alaska with one of them ridiculous tax and pay energy - resident subsidies.

We could use them, more competition for housing might help fix this real-estate boondoggle we are in.

America first. If you want to help them go ahead and send them YOUR paycheck.

We do not need to import Muslims, period. And Detroit already has a bad enough unemployment problem.

Forum List

Back