Why Does The Right Not Want Confederate Statues Removed?

No the real question is , why does the Democrats want to erase it's racist and barbaric past from public view?

The statues and Confederate flag should remain as a reminder for history not repeating itself .

And really, why bother? I think it is fairly obvious to most sane people that modern-day Democrats are no less racist or barbaric than the Democrats of a century or two ago were. Their racism and barbarism takes different forms today, but at the root, it is the same racism and barbarism that was always there.

Yea I didn't write that out the way I wanted the Democrats are still racist and believe in segregation, like I always said in Northern blacks and whites get along as they do for the most part in the South today it would be the end of the Democrat party.

No the real question is , why does the Democrats want to erase it's racist and barbaric past from public view?

The statues and Confederate flag should remain as a reminder for history not repeating itself .

And really, why bother? I think it is fairly obvious to most sane people that modern-day Democrats are no less racist or barbaric than the Democrats of a century or two ago were. Their racism and barbarism takes different forms today, but at the root, it is the same racism and barbarism that was always there.

Yea I didn't write that out the way I wanted the Democrats are still racist and believe in segregation, like I always said in Northern blacks and whites get along as they do for the most part in the South today it would be the end of the Democrat party.

That's true. When I go to my republican caucus the blacks are very friendly and conspicuous.

images

Why do the progressives have an issue with historical memorials?
The pseudocons spend more energy on this forum trashing racist Confederates than the left. In fact, I can't recall any lefties starting topics to whine about Confederates.

But at least once a month, a pseudocon does.

So with all their whining about those old timey Democrats, why is the Right getting upset at taking down an old Democrat statue? Why are they defending those racists?

Hmmmmm?
Dear g5000
I thought they were blaming liberal Democrats for wanting to erase historical records of Southern Democrat racism and Jim Crow laws. The Democrats want this removed because it implicates them. The Conservatives see it as a symbol of strong Southern tradition of states rights and self govt. Slavery in the South was part of historic growth and economic development, both good and bad came out of it, not just bad. Just like Christianity is not just bad as the liberals paint it in order to mobilize political power against conservative Republicans. The Democrats keep painting things as racist and oppressive only. The Republicans are able to forgive the wrongs done by the Christian's or by the Confederate rebels instead of throwing out the good for the bad. Note: with issues like BLM and LGBT the liberals are able to forgive the bad instead of blaming and rejecting the entire movement.

So your question is like asking, hey, if liberals are against war and gun violence, why aren't they protesting BLM rioters and shooters for promoting killing cops?
At least once a month, a pseudocon goes on a rant about what racist Democrats the KKK and Confederates were. They think we don't have no book learnin and we needs to be informed about American history.

So why is the Right so upset about tearing down a statue of these racist Democrats? It makes no sense!

Funny the left controls the school (Indoctrination centers) sytems...and we all know how they love to revise history in text books and leave stuff out.

When we had slaves we didn't let them shoot little children who just wanted to play in the parks.

upload_2017-8-13_13-4-49.jpeg

You're right today the pseudoprogs allow that in the big cities.

*****SMILE*****

:)

I mean, at least twice a month, the pseudocons on this forum start topics to tell us that Confederates were racist Democrats and bad, bad, bad people.

So why is the Right defending those statues of evil Democrats? Hmmmm? Why were they sending out of state protesters to Virginia? Hmmmm?

Oftentimes, two pseudocons will start the same kind of topic on the same day. It's almost as if someone is telling all the tards this shit on a Tard Network.

So why is the Right defending a Democrat statue? Why?

Every statue or any naming of anything after a person who ever did anything bad should be removed from any government owned property anywhere in the nation.

We can have an election and vote on what statues should be removed and what buildings should be renamed.

We can start with the Bill Clinton Presidental library.

Knowing the left in 50 years they will probably want to change the 9/11 memorial name in New York to " Muslim and America reflection memorial" or some less offensive pc correct assnine name.

I have to ask wether this movement to remove statues and symbols is an effort to pull us together as a nation? or to pull up apart? Anything as major as a civil war takes time to heal. like any wound you get a scab and the more you pick at it, the longer it takes to heal. Now the way I see it, the Union won, the Confederacy lost, but Lincoln and some in the Union recognized the necessity to heal the wounds. So they did not charge Lee as a traitor. After all,
what was more important?

Seems to me the left here has forgotten a very important lesson that people knew about over 150 years ago. The South as the losers of the conflict were allowed I suppose to hang on to some symbols because those men were their brothers or fathers, and maybe now, great great grandfathers, but whatever. Those things that they still hang onto are like the scab of the wound. Now we get these leftists who never fought in that civill war didnt have to go through what those men went through and now they want to rip off a piece of the scab, or maybe twist the knife a bit just for fun. Of course then you will get some RW looneys to become violent and over react, commit crimes. But the fact is , our nation hasn't healed yet.

Technically, they may be right in removing these statues, but the reality of what they are doing is something quite different, also because they are not just going to stop there, it will be right down the line with everything the left finds offensive. Sometimes, even though you may be right in one aspect, you need to act a bit wiser for the good of everyone, not just the special interest groups.

I mean, at least twice a month, the pseudocons on this forum start topics to tell us that Confederates were racist Democrats and bad, bad, bad people.

So why is the Right defending those statues of evil Democrats? Hmmmm? Why were they sending out of state protesters to Virginia? Hmmmm?

Oftentimes, two pseudocons will start the same kind of topic on the same day. It's almost as if someone is telling all the tards this shit on a Tard Network.

Im a staunch atheist, yet it pisses me off to no end when i hear about the Taliban destroying ancient religious sites. Why? Because its a part of history. I do not play favorites when it comes to historical sites/monuments. All should be kept intact.

History still needs to be looked at thats why. Not erased. It's a concept probably way beyond you and I doubt if it can be explained to you. There are many levels on why retaining symbols of history are important regardless of whether they are good or bad to some people.
When the law required that statutes honoring Hitler and the swastika were taken down and banned from being used....do you think the Germans forgot their History of Hitler?

I don't think they did?

I have to ask wether this movement to remove statues and symbols is an effort to pull us together as a nation? or to pull up apart? Anything as major as a civil war takes time to heal. like any wound you get a scab and the more you pick at it, the longer it takes to heal. Now the way I see it, the Union won, the Confederacy lost, but Lincoln and some in the Union recognized the necessity to heal the wounds. So they did not charge Lee as a traitor. After all,
what was more important?

Seems to me the left here has forgotten a very important lesson that people knew about over 150 years ago. The South as the losers of the conflict were allowed I suppose to hang on to some symbols because those men were their brothers or fathers, and maybe now, great great grandfathers, but whatever. Those things that they still hang onto are like the scab of the wound. Now we get these leftists who never fought in that civill war didnt have to go through what those men went through and now they want to rip off a piece of the scab, or maybe twist the knife a bit just for fun. Of course then you will get some RW looneys to become violent and over react, commit crimes. But the fact is , our nation hasn't healed yet.

Technically, they may be right in removing these statues, but the reality of what they are doing is something quite different, also because they are not just going to stop there, it will be right down the line with everything the left finds offensive. Sometimes, even though you may be right in one aspect, you need to act a bit wiser for the good of everyone, not just the special interest groups.

It's bored asshole progs with nothing better to do.

Obama said he would fundamentally transform America. He did a wonderful job of dividing the nation.

If you didn't vote for Obama, you we called a racist. Fuck that stupid bullshit.

Plenty of Coloradans didn't vote for Daryl Glen for Republican Senator. They are racist? Derp

History still needs to be looked at thats why. Not erased. It's a concept probably way beyond you and I doubt if it can be explained to you. There are many levels on why retaining symbols of history are important regardless of whether they are good or bad to some people.
When the law required that statutes honoring Hitler and the swastika were taken down and banned from being used....do you think the Germans forgot their History of Hitler?

I don't think they did?

Well Hitler was a one man Megalomaniac, who tried to take over the world and had his own Statues erected. Robert E Lee was just a general. I would say the major differences between the US civil war ( as that was a war between ourselves), and the monster who tried to take over the world count for something in this case.
I dont think R.E. LEE was anything of the dictator Hitler was. Did Lee demand statues of himself put up and banners of his face everywhere? I doubt it very much. If people put statues of Lee up later on, it was quite a different reason than what Hitler had done.
Not a good analogy.

Millions of jews suffered and died here. Why havent we torn it down?

auschwitz-entrance.jpg

Bill Clinton and Richard Nixon should be completely removed from all history books and ther should be no record of them ever existing, because they did some bad things.

If you disagree, you are racist.

upload_2017-8-13_13-25-24.jpeg

So what's next on the progressive agenda?

Perhaps the recent Spiderman movie might give an indication with the scene where MJ refused to enter the Washington Memorial because it was possibly built by slaves.

Seems anything built on public lands prior to the Civil War will be on the agenda next.

*****SMILE*****

:)

If we have to explain to you stupid Moon Bats why it is good to honor those courageous Americans heroes that fought against the filthy ass Federal government then you will never understand.

Forum List

Back