Why Does The Right Not Want Confederate Statues Removed?

g5000, what is your obsession with Hitler and equating everyone you dislike as Hitler? Have you even read Mein Kampf? You might actually like it. :p

Would you compromise by having a plaque on each confederate statue reminding the reader that this person was a traitor who abandoned his oath in the name of defending slavery?

I wouldnt be opposed to a plaque giving that sort of historical context at all, though It was up to the Union government at the time to label those generals as traitors. They were fighting for the wrong cause but they were fighting in uniform for their own confederate government. If anything I think the statues make a good reminder of how we were once divided. I'm not pro Confederate at all by the way, I've lived in California my entire life, I would just like to be fair about this, is all. I do also know that the ACLU will defend an artists right to put up paintings or sculptures mocking God or Christ even though it may offend millions of Christians and they protest it. That may be a double standard there.
Those racist Democrats were fighting for slavery. And after those loser Democrats got their asses kicked by America, they started the KKK. This very important knowledge is regularly passed onto us by the pseudocons of this forum ad infinitum!

So why is the Right standing up for a statue of one of those bad racist Democrat Christian terrorists? It makes no sense!

Why are you so insistent upon erasing what those democrats did?
I'm all for tearing down the heroic statues of those Democrats and replacing them with sites which educate Americans about the atrocities the Democrats committed.

You know, like Auschwitz instead of Hitler statues.

Wherever there is a Democrat statue, replace it with an atrocity memorial.
Start with the New York Triangle fire.

Have a memorial to the children who died in the northern mills and sweatshops. There you go, good old yankee atrocities.
A tragedy. Luckily us yankees were smart and passed laws regulating business so it wouldn't happen again. Meanwhile down south the dumb fucks started a revolution to keep real slavery. The smart yankees beat them and did the right thing making slavery a thing of the past. Unfortunately today there are still total morons out there that think the south were the smart ones.

The article said that the American Taliban was going to take them down anyway.
Y'all Quaeda? I thought they didn't want them taken down. Hell today one of the Y'all Quaeda terrorists attacked Americans because a traitor statue was going to be moved.
An American hero you mean.
Anti-American cowards are only heroes to pieces of garbage like yourself.

I'm on the left and I don't want the civil war monuments and flags removed...I want them moved.

Put them all in a museum in the poorest of the former slave states. That state will get revenue and we will have a place to go like the Holocaust Museum.

The Confederates were murderous traitors to our country. They should not have monuments. They killed more us troops then any US enemy ever.

images

Why do the progressives have an issue with historical memorials?

*****SMILE*****

:)

Historical memorials......great.....museums.

View attachment 143389

Looks like a pseudoprog starting a thread to whine this time.

Why do pseudoprogs think destroying historical monuments will change things?

Will the pseudoprogs drop how blacks deserve further compensation, for a wrong committed prior to anyone alive today, once they take their revenge on the helpless memorials?

Do the pseudoprogs think they'll achieve utopia where rainbows and unicorns are the norm by destroying historical memorials?

*****SMILE*****

:)

"destroying historical monuments"......who's destroying them?

I mean, at least twice a month, the pseudocons on this forum start topics to tell us that Confederates were racist Democrats and bad, bad, bad people.

So why is the Right defending those statues of evil Democrats? Hmmmm? Why were they sending out of state protesters to Virginia? Hmmmm?

Oftentimes, two pseudocons will start the same kind of topic on the same day. It's almost as if someone is telling all the tards this shit on a Tard Network.

So why is the Right defending a Democrat statue? Why?

A better question would be why do those of you on the left wrong want to destroy works of historical art? It seems that your kind are not that much unlike the Taliban, who were responsible for destroying the Buddhas of Bamiyan.
"destroy works of historical art".....who wants to destroy them?

I mean, at least twice a month, the pseudocons on this forum start topics to tell us that Confederates were racist Democrats and bad, bad, bad people.

So why is the Right defending those statues of evil Democrats? Hmmmm? Why were they sending out of state protesters to Virginia? Hmmmm?

Oftentimes, two pseudocons will start the same kind of topic on the same day. It's almost as if someone is telling all the tards this shit on a Tard Network.

History still needs to be looked at thats why. Not erased. It's a concept probably way beyond you and I doubt if it can be explained to you. There are many levels on why retaining symbols of history are important regardless of whether they are good or bad to some people.
Would you compromise by having a plaque on each confederate statue reminding the reader that this person was a traitor who abandoned his oath in the name of defending slavery?

I wouldnt be opposed to a plaque giving that sort of historical context at all, though It was up to the Union government at the time to label those generals as traitors. They were fighting for the wrong cause but they were fighting in uniform for their own confederate government. If anything I think the statues make a good reminder of how we were once divided. I'm not pro Confederate at all by the way, I've lived in California my entire life, I would just like to be fair about this, is all. I do also know that the ACLU will defend an artists right to put up paintings or sculptures mocking God or Christ even though it may offend millions of Christians and they protest it. That may be a double standard there.
In Texas, where there are annual report enactments of the Battle of San jacinto, both the Tejano historic preservationists and Texas historic preservationists honor their war heroes and leaders as historical figures. General Sam Houston let Santa Ana go after the surrender. The two groups do not disrespect and seek to remove the other as pro or anti racist. The Mexican govt was so corrupt and oppressive even Mexicans fought on the side of freedom. We still gained from the independence won, everyone benefited. I wish we had that spirit today in politics instead of baiting and exploiting division for gain in the media and partisan campaigns . Very sad we stand to lose history because of selfish small mindedness, instead of respect for all cultures as our historic preservationists live by.

Hats off to the historic heroes who embrace all the contributions and sacrifices instead of seeking to wipe them out for political pandering and baiting. Shame on those who are so afraid to learn from history they end up repeating the same mistakes they criticize.
How many statues are there in Texas of the Mexicans who fought for Santa Ana?

Same reason they don't want God removed from our society.

Leftist sociopaths like you want government to be God.

Poor god.....poor people who "worship" that god. If they don't have reminders up EVERYWHERE, they forget about their god. Their god gets, somehow, diminished......

Fantastic book with that exact premise...

Jitterbug Perfume - Wikipedia
I think "American Gods" is of the same concept too.

Do you really think that you can steal and destroy our history? It won't be as easy as you think it will.

Try to come up with an atrocity by the way. The worst were in the north.

Slavery itself is the ultimate atrocity. However...

Scott Van Wynsberghe on the terrible history of atrocities against captured black soldiers during the American Civil War
Well....you know....they aren't really heros....being captured and all.........

The better question is why do you want to remove them?

For someone who fancies himself to be the "smartest" guy in the room you ask stupid questions. Art is speech and everyone has the "right" to "speak". The essence of a "right" is that one gets to "say" things that "others" don't like.

History still needs to be looked at thats why. Not erased. It's a concept probably way beyond you and I doubt if it can be explained to you. There are many levels on why retaining symbols of history are important regardless of whether they are good or bad to some people.

When exercising one's "rights" no compromise is necessary.

Forum List

Back