why does the left unquestionably trust government?

Since no one can lay out a case for why we should not dismantle the EPA and the DOE for example, then can I assume you liberals of USMB want to abolish these wasteful agencies?

Since no one can lay out a case for why we should not dismantle the EPA and the DOE for example, then can I assume you liberals of USMB want to abolish these wasteful agencies?

if i hadn't family in the US who need safe drinking water, i would totally be for abolition of those bastions of tyranny.

if i hadn't family in the US who need safe drinking water, i would totally be for abolition of those bastions of tyranny.

So you are saying before the EPA no one could ever drink clean water ever?

You think we should dismantle the EPA entirely?

A simple yes or no will do.

I do not think it needs to be dismantled completely but I do think they need to be cut WAY back , the DOE and the IRS as well

that is not what i am saying.

seriously, you are on the spectrum, right?

ah so the truth comes out. you want to silence those you disagree with.

Asking a question is the antithesis of trying to silence someone. So again, do you have any evidence that "the left" (whatever that means) unquestioningly trusts government?

Let me make that more specific for you.

Do you have any evidence that "the left" did not protest against the Jim Crow laws (part of government) in the early 1960s?

Do you have any evidence that "the left" did not protest against the Vietnam War (an action of the federal government) in the late 1960s and early 1970s?

Do you have any evidence that "the left" did not protest against U.S. nuclear weapons policy (engaged in by the federal government) in the 1980s?

Do you have any evidence that "the left" did not object to NAFTA, GATT and other free-trade agreements (all actions by the federal government) in the 1990s?

Do you have any evidence that "the left" (please do not confuse this phrase with "the Democrats") did not protest against the Iraq War (an action of the federal government) in the 2000s?

Do you have any evidence that "the left" supported unquestioningly the USA Patriot Act, the war on drugs, laws against sodomy, laws against abortion, police brutality, fossil fuel subsidies, tax credits for outsourcing, domestic spying by the CIA, covert actions to overthrow foreign governments, U.S. support for foreign dictatorships, or huge military budgets?

These are all acts of government, and therefore according to your thinking should have been unquestioningly supported by "the left." So let's see your evidence of that support.

Um...it's not in the constitution so duh.

Is that a "yes"? It was a simple question.

A lot of things weren't in the constitution. Freeing the slaves, for example. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't free the slaves.

And say I? I say the EPA serves an important purpose.

well then why are you against shutting it down? your argument does not pan out. You say the EPA provides clean water, you then say clean water existed before the EPA. You have broken logic.

ah so the truth comes out. you want to silence those you disagree with.

Asking a question is the antithesis of trying to silence someone. So again, do you have any evidence that "the left" (whatever that means) unquestioningly trusts government?

Let me make that more specific for you.

Do you have any evidence that "the left" did not protest against the Jim Crow laws (part of government) in the early 1960s?

Do you have any evidence that "the left" did not protest against the Vietnam War (an action of the federal government) in the late 1960s and early 1970s?

Do you have any evidence that "the left" did not protest against U.S. nuclear weapons policy (engaged in by the federal government) in the 1980s?

Do you have any evidence that "the left" did not object to NAFTA, GATT and other free-trade agreements (all actions by the federal government) in the 1990s?

Do you have any evidence that "the left" (please do not confuse this phrase with "the Democrats") did not protest against the Iraq War (an action of the federal government) in the 2000s?

Do you have any evidence that "the left" supported unquestioningly the USA Patriot Act, the war on drugs, laws against sodomy, laws against abortion, police brutality, fossil fuel subsidies, tax credits for outsourcing, domestic spying by the CIA, covert actions to overthrow foreign governments, U.S. support for foreign dictatorships, or huge military budgets?

These are all acts of government, and therefore according to your thinking should have been unquestioningly supported by "the left." So let's see your evidence of that support.

...you are totally off topic. I am talking about leftism in politics not leftism in private shit. also people on the right didn't want to go to iraq. see libertarianism. you are clearly very ignorant, mayb eyou should go read some books then come back.

A lot of things weren't in the constitution. Freeing the slaves, for example. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't free the slaves.

yes it is a fucking YES you fucking moron. Good Gawd. What the fuck is your point? Freeing the slaves was made possible through the amendment process so yes its constitutional. Are you always this stupid? And what purpose does the EPA have that a private entity could not do better without wasting tax money?

Lol...really? I am pretty sure I pounded you statist tards into oblivion with this thread. No one countered anything, and most, like yourself manifold, simply try to derail the thread. Pretty successful quite frankly.

So that's your take huh?

:lmao:

its pretty obvious, it doesn't take an advanced degree to read this thread and see you big government pawns frolicking in your own proverbial feces all throughout this thread.

Which proverb is about feces? :confused:

I definitely missed that one.

well then why are you against shutting it down? your argument does not pan out. You say the EPA provides clean water, you then say clean water existed before the EPA. You have broken logic.

you did not answer my question. so i am going to assume that you are on the spectrum.

i will still laugh at your simpleton antics.

you did not answer my question. so i am going to assume that you are on the spectrum.

i will still laugh at your simpleton antics.

i dont even know what your question means. Care to address your broken ass logic or are you just going to leave it at that?

Last edited:

yes it is a fucking YES you fucking moron.

Wow! You're a testy little goose stepper! Calm down kid. It's a message board. If it makes you angry you should take up knitting....or drinking.

Freeing the slaves was made possible through the amendment process so yes its constitutional.
That would come as quite a surprise to slaves who were freed before the amendment was passed.

And what purpose does the EPA have that a private entity could not do better without wasting tax money?

Lol. The EPA protects public goods. No market force can be established to protect public goods. This isn't exactly advanced economics.

Forum List

Back