why does the left unquestionably trust government?

Then you can explain once and for all the differences or in this case the meanings of PROMOTE AND PROVIDE.

Thats the one word that always shoots them in the foot
PROMOTE

PROMOTE does not mean PROVIDE

What if promotion doesn't work because of very wealthy Corporations and individuals have the power over government's attempts at promoting?
You see thats what happens when you allow the government to destroy the constitution. You would not have given lobbyist much room to act if you would repeal the 17th amendment and give the power back to the states to elect your senators.

There was no concept of spending for the general welfare until the progressive's Wilson and FDR came along.

Wrong again.

In McCulloch v. Maryland (1819), the Court ruled that Congress has implied, un-enumerated authority to enact legislation deemed ‘necessary and proper’ to address the Nation’s issues.

In Gibbons v. Ogden (1824) the Court ruled that Congress has the authority to regulate interstate commerce, to establish consistent, comprehensive regulatory policy, and that laws passed by Congress are supreme, trumping state and local measures.

As you can see these Constitutional doctrines were reaffirmed almost 100 years before Wilson and ‘progressives.’

You’d be well advised to stop getting your history lessons from the likes of Glenn Beck and Jonah Goldberg and actually do research on your own.

Wrong my ass that was not the intent of that court ruling the way it is used now.

The Court held that for these reasons, the word "necessary" in the Necessary and Proper Clause does not refer to the only way of doing something, but rather applies to various procedures for implementing all constitutionally established powers. "Let the end be legitimate, let it be within the scope of the constitution, and all means which are appropriate, which are plainly adapted to that end, which are not prohibited, but consist with the letter and spirit of the constitution, are constitutional."

This principle had been established many years earlier by Alexander Hamilton:

The True Birth of Statist Progressivism.

McCulloch v. Maryland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hamilton's Opinion as to the Constitutionality of the Bank of the United States, 1791
Hamilton: The Constitutionality of the Bank of the United States, 1791

Thats the one word that always shoots them in the foot
PROMOTE

PROMOTE does not mean PROVIDE

What if promotion doesn't work because of very wealthy Corporations and individuals have the power over government's attempts at promoting?
You see thats what happens when you allow the government to destroy the constitution. You would not have given lobbyist much room to act if you would repeal the 17th amendment and give the power back to the states to elect your senators.

I didn't give lobbyists room to do anything. Don't blame me... I'm part of the crowd that's trying to end the Corporate Rule of America.

I didn't give lobbyists room to do anything. Don't blame me... I'm part of the crowd that's trying to end the Corporate Rule of America.

YOU is figuratively speaking give the states back the right to vote for the senators and things will start to re-fix the damage done years ago by progressives.

Really? Seems to me the problem is a system where big monied interests are killing our country... a platform that is firmly right wing.

Really? Seems to me the problem is a system where big monied interests are killing our country... a platform that is firmly right wing.

The problem is money if the states are responsible for electing U.S. Senators the people have more control because they will have a point to blame and can kick them out much easier than they can now.

The problem is money if the states are responsible for electing U.S. Senators the people have more control because they will have a point to blame and can kick them out much easier than they can now.

I know you like to think that. But as long as the policies and laws are in place to allow it, it isn't going to matter one bit.

But, let's peruse the idea for a moment. You have a GOP Governor, and a GOP lead state House, and maybe a slight Dem controlled State Senate.... Guess who's going to Washington? WITHOUT THE CONSENT OF THE PEOPLE! Same with the opposite scenario... Who's speaking up for the minority when the process becomes an appointment rather than duly elected?

Nahhh.. I'll keep it like it is.

what is one thing that is not in the enumerated powers that the federal government has done well? I can't think of anything.
to answer your thread Title....

Simply NOT TRUE! the left does NOT trust the federal government when Republicans are in power! :D

Why reply to someone stupid enough to insinuate that all people on the left, or the right, think the same?

Why reply to someone stupid enough to insinuate that all people on the left, or the right, think the same?

Force of habit? Weariness of defending your beliefs against hateful assholes? How about maybe that for some of the people on here, it's more about the argument and name calling than it is about the love of their country?

what is one thing that is not in the enumerated powers that the federal government has done well? I can't think of anything.

Simply NOT TRUE! the left does NOT trust the federal government when Republicans are in power! :D

Thats your problem you blame the repoublicans for eaxactly the same thing the democrats ae doing.

Like my old saying Don't whine about me farting when you are standing there with a underwear full of shit.:lol:

Thats your problem you blame the repoublicans for eaxactly the same thing the democrats ae doing.

Like my old saying Don't whine about me farting when you are standing there with a underwear full of shit.
:lol:
ooooo gross but.... :rofl::rofl:

...trust themselves. It's the case of the blind leading the blind. I support sub standard pay for public sector employment... PEANUT PAY. Pay em small & keep government small.
JUST SAY NO TO UNIONS.

Democrats in power

Policy Chart: Illinois Loses Most Jobs in the Nation
after raising taxes

unemployment_screenshot.jpg

Like my old saying Don't whine about me farting when you are standing there with a underwear full of shit.
:lol:
ooooo gross but.... :rofl::rofl:

I know but even though it may be a bit extreme I hope you get the point.:lol:

That perfectly describes your Ailment. Good Job Care. :):):)

One of the Points of Enumerated Powers is in thinking about what Powers you Grant Your Government, precisely because you want to guard against Abuse, knowing that the Powers that be will not always be friendly to your cause. No matter the flip of the coin, we want an effective government acting within it's realm of authority, not beyond it.

Powers like a President targeting People for Assignation without checks and balances, without oversight, due process, is only one example of Partisan stupidity. No single Person should have that Power.

I disagree with your statement that the left does trust the government. In fact on this issue I would say that the right and the left agree that the government is the problem. It is my opinion that where the two parties divide is in social programs for the people.

The right doesn't want them and the left does. However, these social programs are full of problems in themselves and yet without them there would be more homelessness and starvation in this country than there already is.

On solution is to have a constitution amendment to place time limits on congress representives. That is, no more thirty years of being re-elected in the same district.

Barbra Boxer, Diane Finestein, are two example of Dems who have held Senate seats for far too long and have done nothing but enrich themselve, while at the same time have driven California into a huge ditch.

Another possible solution is --- for communities to seek out private people who hold the same political and moral values that the community holds and raise money to get new blood into office. Someone that will represent them not what is best for Wall Street.

At some point the right and the left need to find common ground otherwise it is our grandchildren who are now and in the future be living in dispear. The Modern Dark Ages.

Forum List

Back