Why does Obama hate sick people???

The article is about the administration considering a pared down health care law, depending on what the SCOTUS decides this month. Buried in the bottom of the piece, I found this little gem...

Sources: Obama administration mulls pared-back health law if court strikes down mandate | Fox News

To forestall such a problem, the administration asked the court -- if it declares the mandate unconstitutional -- to also strike down certain consumer protections, including the requirement on insurers to cover people with pre-existing health problems.

why does Obama hate sick people?

IPAB would answer that question, wouldn't it? :eusa_eh:

He doesn't. To arrive a such a conclusion mean you're pole vaulting beyond the facts.

the administration asked the court -- if it declares the mandate unconstitutional -- to also strike down certain consumer protections, including the requirement on insurers to cover people with pre-existing health problems.
FACT

Why does Obama hate sick people? Why is he starting a 'war on sick people'?

Pole Vault.

He doesn't. To arrive a such a conclusion mean you're pole vaulting beyond the facts.

the administration asked the court -- if it declares the mandate unconstitutional -- to also strike down certain consumer protections, including the requirement on insurers to cover people with pre-existing health problems.
FACT

Why does Obama hate sick people? Why is he starting a 'war on sick people'?

And you pretend like you're not a partisan troll. Shame on you.

Gee... when the shoe is on the other foot, you get all indignant and stuff. Big fucking surprise. :clap2:

For the illiterate people whose understanding of the ACA never went beyond the false "death panel" propaganda, the issue of severability is miles above their pointy heads.

Don't waste your time here.

The article is about the administration considering a pared down health care law, depending on what the SCOTUS decides this month. Buried in the bottom of the piece, I found this little gem...

Sources: Obama administration mulls pared-back health law if court strikes down mandate | Fox News

To forestall such a problem, the administration asked the court -- if it declares the mandate unconstitutional -- to also strike down certain consumer protections, including the requirement on insurers to cover people with pre-existing health problems.

What makes you believe that?

The mandate was a "pact" with HMOs. They get a whole lot of new customers and they can't kick people out.

That gets dismantled if the mandate gets booted.

Which was the whole point of the mandate in the first place.

Exactly. The administration is just acknowledging that the whole thing was a corrupt tit-for-tat, and that requiring universal coverage isn't fair or rational. They sought to make up for it by pushing the unfairness off on people who don't want to play their little game. They're fine with fucking over individuals, but their not about to let their corporate benefactors take one for the team.

For the illiterate people whose understanding of the ACA never went beyond the false "death panel" propaganda, the issue of severability is miles above their pointy heads.

The ACA does not contain a severability clause. It is up in the air whether or not the SCOTUS will agree with the January 31, 2011 opinion of Judge Vinson, who struck down the individual mandate as an unconstitutional exercise of congressional power and ruled that the individual mandate cannot be severed from the remainder of the act, or if they will rule that it can be separated.

so Obamacare passed into law that the conservatives hate is proof that Obama hates sick people, while repubs want them to die. i see.

The ACA does not contain a severability clause. It is up in the air whether or not the SCOTUS will agree with the January 31, 2011 opinion of Judge Vinson, who struck down the individual mandate as an unconstitutional exercise of congressional power and ruled that the individual mandate cannot be severed from the remainder of the act, or if they will rule that it can be separated.

Of course there's not a severability clause. Given that such a clause is a standard feature of large bills, it's omission was clearly intentional. It's also obvious that excluding one would have been a prime demand of the insurance industry (severing the mandate while keeping guaranteed issue nullifies their dirty "deal"), and PPACA is nothing if not a concession to insurance industry demands.

Last edited:
Okay, so ya'll would rather see premiums go through the roof? Without the mandate, which creates a larger insurance pool, if those consumer protections are still in place, insurance companies are going to raise our rates to pay for them. Get it?
No because you can't ever cover all people by everyone putting in a few bucks .....see social security
Now if you seriously want rates to drop allow over state lines sale of health insurance and limit lawsuits for starters. I admire the whole healthcare premise and people who care about others but this is nothing but a control tool
Never trust in any government none since the dawn of man have benefited man much. We did from 1865-1960 or so I'd say and is the only good example in all of mans history

Last edited:

That is what you should have pointed out in your OP. That is what the Obama administration is arguing about.

That is what you should have pointed out in your OP. That is what the Obama administration is arguing about.

Doesn't matter.

If the mandate goes..the HMOs are going to make sure the rest is gone too.

So when Pubs finally end the most important step forward EVER for sick people, it's Obama's fault? Jeeebus you're brainwashed fools LOL. Want MORE transparency and competition? scream at your Pub reps and tell them that stuff is not just a stall tactic to try and STOP ACA...Pub dupes! Duh.

Most important? :lol: why dismantle the whole system then? Death care is a tyrants tool to CONTROL I normally bypass people so simple and brainwashed but I hope I helped you out here to see straight. :lol: smh I can't actually believe anyone doesn't understand that

Doesn't dismantle SHYTTE,dupe- just makes insurance GUARANTEED and affordable for 80%, adds the rest, the uninsured, to improved Medicaid- gets people off welfare, and is cheaper than ERcare- and cost controls, low cost clinics. Will add more later. Again- better than Romneycare, which lowered costs 15% and has lowest rises in the country. 2%

Min wage should be 10.50= 1968's equiv. Unless you want NZ's $13 or Oz's 15...

It won't be over. Obama didn't want a mandate...perhaps states could add that if they want. Right now Dems are holding while Pubs and dupes go batshytte as always...

Okay, so ya'll would rather see premiums go through the roof? Without the mandate, which creates a larger insurance pool, if those consumer protections are still in place, insurance companies are going to raise our rates to pay for them. Get it?
No because you can't ever cover all people by everyone putting in a few bucks .....see social security

Nope. More healthy people paying in lowers everyone's rates. That's simple math.

Now if you seriously want rates to drop allow over state lines sale of health insurance and limit lawsuits for starters. I admire the whole healthcare premise and people who care about others but this is nothing bit a control tool

It would also lower the quality of care. You also have different state laws so the idea doesn't work.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2010/02/selling_insurance_across_state.html

Never trust in any government none since the dawn of man have benefited man much. We did from 1865-1960 or so I'd say and is the only good example in all of mans history

Sorry, but in this country the government is us, we the people and I sure as hell trust we the people a lot more than an insurance company that is only concerned with a bottom line and not the welfare of we the people.

Forum List

Back