Why does God hide himself?

I take it you don't read much then ?!
How about 35+ years of studying Tanach?
Any other comments?
Well I figured you were Jew and therefore you have 34 centuries of corruption since the time Moses (Moshe) wrote his Torah.

So just read it in plain Hebrew and don't change what it says.
Why would I possibly mangle God's Blueprint of creation the way Christians mangled The Torah and TNT?
I think he thinks they are all mangled.
He can have an opinion.
He cannot suppress other people opinions and knowledge.
Exactly. That is called critical theory. That's when they criticize what they don't believe to arrive at what they do believe without ever having to examine what they believe. They confuse this with critical thinking which is to challenge what they do believe by examining it for gaps.

Whittling 'God' down to something small enough for small minds to understand has been a constant human habit.

We made our choice when we ate the apple from the tree of knowledge.

We chose to think and make our own choices...That is why he sits back and watches.
No. That is allegorical. No other creature has the knowledge of good and evil. Only man, who is a being which knows and creates, can have knowledge of good and evil. The other creatures do not possess this capability which is unique to man. Original sin is not because Adam and Eve ate an apple. It is because man possesses the ability to do good and evil. Of course evil is merely the absence of good as dark is the absence of light and cold is the absence of heat, but I digress. Man prefers good over evil, and he knows the difference between the two. When he violates it, rather than admitting that he violates it, he rationalizes that he did not. These are all self evident truths that any dumbass ought to know, but most don't. Ancient man knew these things, but modern man is too smart to be fooled by self evident truths. No wonder our world is in the shape it is in today.
No, Catholics believe that the Apple scene was real and happened. You're just not a Catholic.
Show me where it states an apple.
Fruit from the forbidden tree is usually depicted as an apple. Now you know.

We made our choice when we ate the apple from the tree of knowledge.

We chose to think and make our own choices...That is why he sits back and watches.
No. That is allegorical. No other creature has the knowledge of good and evil. Only man, who is a being which knows and creates, can have knowledge of good and evil. The other creatures do not possess this capability which is unique to man. Original sin is not because Adam and Eve ate an apple. It is because man possesses the ability to do good and evil. Of course evil is merely the absence of good as dark is the absence of light and cold is the absence of heat, but I digress. Man prefers good over evil, and he knows the difference between the two. When he violates it, rather than admitting that he violates it, he rationalizes that he did not. These are all self evident truths that any dumbass ought to know, but most don't. Ancient man knew these things, but modern man is too smart to be fooled by self evident truths. No wonder our world is in the shape it is in today.
No, Catholics believe that the Apple scene was real and happened. You're just not a Catholic.
Show me where it states an apple.
Fruit from the forbidden tree is usually depicted as an apple. Now you know.
Quite erroneously.

Interesting topic Mickiel .

From ancient Judaism, humans would shrivel up and die if God visited them.
Huh?
Any other comments?
Well I figured you were Jew and therefore you have 34 centuries of corruption since the time Moses (Moshe) wrote his Torah.

Why would I possibly mangle God's Blueprint of creation the way Christians mangled The Torah and TNT?
So the world was made in six days?

Any other comments?

6 cycles of Erev (confusion) and Boker (clarity)...whatever that means.
There was no sun until day 4 so we definitely don't know the duration of Erev and Boker for the first 3 days.

Any other comments?

There was no sun until day 4 so we definitely don't know the duration of Erev and Boker for the first 3 days.
So you're allergic to science? :D

Any other comments?

I think he thinks they are all mangled.
He can have an opinion.
He cannot suppress other people opinions and knowledge.
Exactly. That is called critical theory. That's when they criticize what they don't believe to arrive at what they do believe without ever having to examine what they believe. They confuse this with critical thinking which is to challenge what they do believe by examining it for gaps.
C'mon seriously dingbat, you're giving people lessons on critical thinking? :cuckoo:

But I want to look into some biblical reasons as to " Why" God actually does this.
Camouflage is the first tactic of survival...float like a butterfly sting like a bee...your fist can't hit what your eyes can't see

You cannot see God the same way your eyes cannot see themselves other than as a reflection on some surface ......

Any other comments?

Not the world, the awareness of higher and lower realms of conscious existence, a world above and a world below, - heaven and earth - divided by light, was established and enshrined by law..

If you knew one, how long would it have taken you to come up with laws that reflect a new way to see the world on the top of some lonely mountain 6000 years ago? 40 days and 40 nights?

You must not seek favors from imaginary friends.

You may not bullshit real people.

it is forbidden to eat the flesh of a dingbat.

You may not eat the flesh of a brown nosed dork.......

If you swallow the teaching of any unclean creature that does not think very deeply it will defile and contaminate your mind and you will become an unclean creature that cannot think very deeply.

see how easy it is to create a new heaven and a new earth out of the ruins of the old?

I bet it could be done in at little as three days, at the most, one month.....

"In one month I got rid of the three shepherds for I had lost patience with them and they had come to abhor me." zechariah 11:8

Last edited:
Any other comments?

So you're allergic to science? :D
So you're allegic to reading what I posted?

One would think that he would reveal himself to millions who need to see him.
One would think he would show himself ; after all these Atheist and unbelievers are making fun of his existence.
Look at all the people who would believe , if only they could see God. Or be inspired by him.

So if all this is not happening, then we must assume that God does not want it to happen ; not yet!

If that were the case then He would not have given us a way to know when we were doing good or rationalizing that we were when we weren't. Trust me, He cares. You just don't understand how it works.
You don't know anything pertaining to god. You have beliefs. Beliefs do not become facts simply because you want them to be. So no, I can't trust you.

Humans are more cunning than animals, that's why we are capable of doing evil. If dogs were smarter they would be just as screwed up.

One would think that he would reveal himself to millions who need to see him.
One would think he would show himself ; after all these Atheist and unbelievers are making fun of his existence.
Look at all the people who would believe , if only they could see God. Or be inspired by him.

So if all this is not happening, then we must assume that God does not want it to happen ; not yet!

The kingdom of God has always been in existence. If someone can't see it, the flaw is most likely within their only means of perception, their own mind.

Remember?

Blessed are the pure of mind for they shall see God.

Last edited:
If that were the case then He would not have given us a way to know when we were doing good or rationalizing that we were when we weren't. Trust me, He cares. You just don't understand how it works.
You don't know anything pertaining to god. You have beliefs. Beliefs do not become facts simply because you want them to be. So no, I can't trust you.

Humans are more cunning than animals, that's why we are capable of doing evil. If dogs were smarter they would be just as screwed up.
So then you don't believe God cares about us?

I have no idea.

I have no idea.

I think that you are quite a long way down the road to finding out.

I have no idea.
Ok, fair enough. Let's approach this from an angle you do have an idea about. How would I know that your parents cared for you or you cared for your children? What kind of things could I observe that would allow me to believe that about them and you?

I have no idea.

I think that you are quite a long way down the road to finding out.
How so? Only in death will you know, if you can even know. Otherwise it is guesswork/wishful thinking.

Forum List

Back