Why does Bloomberg Hate the Blind?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Mayor Bloomberg’s grand vision to improve New Yorkers’ health by severely limiting sales of high-calorie beverages on city property is short-sighted and destructive, say blind vendors who operate stands in city-owned buildings.

The vendors were notified Monday that they can dedicate just two slots in their beverage machines for high-calorie beverages such as soda, iced tea and juice – and that the buttons must be “in the position of the lowest selling potential,” according to the new regulations.

“It’s going to destroy my business,” said Carmine Cataldo III, who runs a lobby shop inside the Brooklyn Supreme Court Building at 360 Adams Street. “[The higher-calorie drinks are] 60 percent of my sales.”

He would even need to replace his Pepsi vending machine because the new rules insist advertising space must “promote healthy beverages or healthy activities.”

Read more: Blind vendors speak out against Mayor Michael Bloomberg's plan to limit high-calorie drinks on city property - NYPOST.com

Move to San Francisco Bloomie.

Mayor Bloomberg’s grand vision to improve New Yorkers’ health by severely limiting sales of high-calorie beverages on city property is short-sighted and destructive, say blind vendors who operate stands in city-owned buildings.

The vendors were notified Monday that they can dedicate just two slots in their beverage machines for high-calorie beverages such as soda, iced tea and juice – and that the buttons must be “in the position of the lowest selling potential,” according to the new regulations.

“It’s going to destroy my business,” said Carmine Cataldo III, who runs a lobby shop inside the Brooklyn Supreme Court Building at 360 Adams Street. “[The higher-calorie drinks are] 60 percent of my sales.”

He would even need to replace his Pepsi vending machine because the new rules insist advertising space must “promote healthy beverages or healthy activities.”

Read more: Blind vendors speak out against Mayor Michael Bloomberg's plan to limit high-calorie drinks on city property - NYPOST.com

Your title sounds like Ravi made it! :lol:

Yes I was being facetious. Just like anyone who proposes changes to Medicaid "hates the poor" and anyone who proposes changes to Medicare "want to throw grandma off a cliff".

But Bloomberg certainly is short sighted (no pun intended). There are newstands on every block in the city. If someone wants a soda, they need only walk outside. Where is the data that says that eliminating soda in public buildings will reduce obesity in a city of 8 million people and home to over 20,000 restaurants? There are NINE blind vendors.

Gimme a friggin break.

Looks to me that Bloomberg hates free choice and capitalism. Not really the blind.

Far be it for me to defend Emperor Bloomberg, but I don't see how this translates to "hating capitalism".

Seems to me, a self-made billionaire probably likes capitalism a whole lot. Sounds like he just doesn't like sugary soda. (Don't get my wrong, I'm not agreeing with him at all).

Looks to me that Bloomberg hates free choice and capitalism. Not really the blind.

Far be it for me to defend Emperor Bloomberg, but I don't see how this translates to "hating capitalism".

Seems to me, a self-made billionaire probably likes capitalism a whole lot. Sounds like he just doesn't like sugary soda. (Don't get my wrong, I'm not agreeing with him at all).

Telling people they can only sell their legal wares under such ridiculous regulations seems to be capitalist hating to me.

Agreed. move him OUT of NY...maybe he can Marry Pelosi by proxy?

Telling people they can only sell their legal wares under such ridiculous regulations seems to be capitalist hating to me.

Terms like "hating capitalism" are thrown around to the point where they become meaningless.

I think that Bloomberg's decision is a manifestation of his control-freak, nanny-state nonsense - not of his "hating capitalism".

You can't just lump everything you don't like under "hating capitalism".

Terms like "hating capitalism" are thrown around to the point where they become meaningless.

I think that Bloomberg's decision is a manifestation of his control-freak, nanny-state nonsense - not of his "hating capitalism".

*YOU* say that because Bloomberg is a Rich man...that has embellished his fortunes on what you and your fellow Statists HATE...

But that makes it just hunky-Dory...doesn't it? He is a fellow of Obama...a CRONY-Capitalist.

*YOU* say that because Bloomberg is a Rich man...that has embellished his fortunes on what you and your fellow Statists HATE...

But that makes it just hunky-Dory...doesn't it? He is a fellow of Obama...a CRONY-Capitalist.

Huh?

Your post makes no sense.

Huh?

Since *YOU* share the Same ideals? It is a natural matter of course that what I posted would leave you empty.

Make it so...

This kind of thing is why conservatives harp on the value of electing Republicans with real life private sector business experience...

...oh, wait...

Huh?

Since *YOU* share the Same ideals? It is a natural matter of course that what I posted would leave you empty.

Make it so...

I "share" the same "ideals" as who? What are you talking about?

Your post didn't "leave me empty", it was entirely out of the context of the conversation, and I still can't figure out what your point was. Were you attacking Bloomberg? Or me? I truly don't understand you at all.

Huh?

Make it so...

Your post didn't "leave me empty", it was entirely out of the context of the conversation, and I still can't figure out what your point was. Were you attacking Bloomberg? Or me? I truly don't understand you at all.

Keep on...It was entirely in context. LOOK at What Bllomberg has signed off on in regard to NYC...? Then we'll talk...until then? *YOU* have One HELL of a homework assignment.

Just like anyone who proposes changes to Medicaid "hates the poor" and anyone who proposes changes to Medicare "want to throw grandma off a cliff".

Yes, Bloomberg doesn’t hate the blind; but the right, just like Bloomberg, is unwittingly placing the elderly in jeopardy with regard to their proposed ‘changes.’ The problem is political dogma of any kind.

Just like anyone who proposes changes to Medicaid "hates the poor" and anyone who proposes changes to Medicare "want to throw grandma off a cliff".

Yes, Bloomberg doesn’t hate the blind; but the right, just like Bloomberg, is unwittingly placing the elderly in jeopardy with regard to their proposed ‘changes.’ The problem is political dogma of any kind.
Now *THIS* I might latch onto...Tell us more? *EXPAND* the thought will you?

Make it so...

Keep on...It was entirely in context. LOOK at What Bllomberg has signed off on in regard to NYC...? Then we'll talk...until then? *YOU* have One HELL of a homework assignment.

I live in NYC, and I work in city politics. I'm very well aware of Bloomberg's record.

Once again, what the FUCK are you talking about?

I live in NYC, and I work in city politics. I'm very well aware of Bloomberg's record.

Once again, what the FUCK are you talking about?
Bloomberg is a Statist-Crony-Capitalist.

What else do YOU need to know of your own fucking Mayor? An Enemy of LIBERTY?

Forum List

Back