Why does Bloomberg Hate the Blind?

Keep on...It was entirely in context. LOOK at What Bllomberg has signed off on in regard to NYC...? Then we'll talk...until then? *YOU* have One HELL of a homework assignment.

I live in NYC, and I work in city politics. I'm very well aware of Bloomberg's record.

Once again, what the FUCK are you talking about?
Bloomberg is a Statist-Crony-Capitalist.

What else do YOU need to know of your own fucking Mayor? An Enemy of LIBERTY?

I agree with your assessment of Bloomberg.

What the fuck is your point?

Aaaah. Papa Mike lost another round in his war on "everything he doesn't like."

Mayor Bloomberg's having a hard time swallowing this one.

The feds yesterday rejected his attempt to get soda and other sugary drinks banned from the list of products one can buy in New York with food stamps.

"We're disappointed that the federal government didn't agree, and sorry that families and children may suffer from [its] unwillingness to explore our proposal."

Read more: Feds reject Mayor Bloomberg's food-stamp soda ban - NYPOST.com

"Children may suffer..." Sounds like Mayor Mike enjoys my same taste for hyperbole. :lol:

I wonder how he feels about FL testing TANF recipients for drugs. Would he dare propose THAT in the Big Apple?

Now it's alcohol!

Party pooper!

First, Mayor Bloomberg went after smoking in public places. Then trans-fats, salt and sugary drinks.

Now Bloomberg — known for sipping fine wine and downing a cold beer from time to time — wants to crack down on alcohol sales to curb excessive drinking, according to a provocative planning document obtained by The Post.

The city Health Department’s far-reaching Partnership for a Healthier New York City initiatives proposes to slash the number of establishments in the city that sell booze.

Read more: New York City plans to curb alcohol sales, bars - NYPOST.com

I used to love NY.

Far be it for me to defend Emperor Bloomberg, but I don't see how this translates to "hating capitalism".

Seems to me, a self-made billionaire probably likes capitalism a whole lot. Sounds like he just doesn't like sugary soda. (Don't get my wrong, I'm not agreeing with him at all).

Telling people they can only sell their legal wares under such ridiculous regulations seems to be capitalist hating to me.

Terms like "hating capitalism" are thrown around to the point where they become meaningless.

I think that Bloomberg's decision is a manifestation of his control-freak, nanny-state nonsense - not of his "hating capitalism".

You can't just lump everything you don't like under "hating capitalism".
It is not 'everything.' Capitalism is based squarely on the freedom to purchase goods that you want when you to and vendors to offer what products they think you will want. Removing that with regulations that do not make any sense IS hating capitalism and supporting crony capitalism. There is no way around that. You cannot 'like' capitalism and yet like banning any product that does not suit your vision of the future. That is not the purpose of such a system.

Though, I think this belongs more in the hates freedom section. I am tired of people taking my choices away because its 'best for me.' They need to be removed from the government entirely.

I not that New York won't allow Marijuana vending machine, either.

Obviously those New yorkers hate free market capitalism

The county I work for just did the same thing as Bloomberg. We are no longer allowed to sell sugary drinks in our machines. That does not mean I can no longer drink a Coke...it just means I have to buy it from Safeway (for less).

Forum List

Back