Why do you think this NY Times Op-Ed was written?

I got a special twist on this....

I think the op-ed is from Mike Pence (Mr. lodestar) and Donald Trump himself. This radical combo gains from diverting attention from the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation.
Should he get confirmed and the op-ed taken in as credible:
  • Extra protection to Trump from judiciary.
  • Evangelicals (Pence) get closer to the reality of RoeVWade reversals.
  • The entire staff is forced into officially denying the reality described by the op-ed (and Woodward's book)
  • Management by fear is solidified.
  • The potential of dictatorship closer to reality.
Lodestar/Trump combo makes sense.
I would rule that out immediately, as I don't think Trump is capable of condoning anything that impinges on his fragile, inflated ego.

I think he's twisted enough to create a 'fake' op-ed platform calling himself out and then use it to attack the actual 'fake' op-ed he himself created.
The ultimate goal would be to discredit the NYT, gain 'fake' credibility with this outrageous fabrication and once again distract from real and critical issues.

Remember that WTF moment when he masqueraded as a publicist. (John Miller)
The voice is instantly familiar; the tone, confident, even cocky; the cadence, distinctly Trumpian. The man on the phone vigorously defending Donald Trump says he’s a media spokesman named John Miller, but then he says, “I’m sort of new here,” and “I’m somebody that he knows and I think somebody that he trusts and likes” and even “I’m going to do this a little, part time, and then, yeah, go on with my life.”
Donald Trump masqueraded as publicist to brag about himself

I got a special twist on this....

I think the op-ed is from Mike Pence (Mr. lodestar) and Donald Trump himself. This radical combo gains from diverting attention from the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation.
Should he get confirmed and the op-ed taken in as credible:
  • Extra protection to Trump from judiciary.
  • Evangelicals (Pence) get closer to the reality of RoeVWade reversals.
  • The entire staff is forced into officially denying the reality described by the op-ed (and Woodward's book)
  • Management by fear is solidified.
  • The potential of dictatorship closer to reality.
Lodestar/Trump combo makes sense.
I would rule that out immediately, as I don't think Trump is capable of condoning anything that impinges on his fragile, inflated ego.

I think he's twisted enough to create a 'fake' op-ed platform calling himself out and then use it to attack the actual 'fake' op-ed he himself created.
The ultimate goal would be to discredit the NYT, gain 'fake' credibility with this outrageous fabrication and once again distract from real and critical issues.

Remember that WTF moment when he masqueraded as a publicist. (John Miller)
The voice is instantly familiar; the tone, confident, even cocky; the cadence, distinctly Trumpian. The man on the phone vigorously defending Donald Trump says he’s a media spokesman named John Miller, but then he says, “I’m sort of new here,” and “I’m somebody that he knows and I think somebody that he trusts and likes” and even “I’m going to do this a little, part time, and then, yeah, go on with my life.”
i think posts like this is a result of low grade drugs today.

`
It was written deliberately to throw a monkey wrench into the trump machinery. Divide and conquer. If I am to believe even just one tenth of what I read about the trump administration, it's falling apart at the seams, not that I care anymore. The democrats are so fragmented they are incapable of using that to their advantage.
`
Monkey?

I think that 'masquerader' in chief fits the bill. You're entitled to an opinion without invoking low grade drugs.
Mr. T. will be remembered as the ultimate snake oil salesman and you? his best client lol.

There's something that isn't making sense to me on this.

Let's assume that this whole thing is true, that an important person at the White House wrote this editorial as an account of this group of people who are manipulating as much as possible around Trump to protect the country.

Why would they expose this plot, one which they seem to think is working? Surely the person who wrote this knew they'll ultimately be exposed. Surely they know this will change things at the White House. So why would they let the cat out of the bag at this time?

The only two reasons I can come up with are (a) that they want to influence the November elections for some help in decreasing Trump's overall power, and (b) that they're hoping that we take a serious look at the 25th. What are your guesses?

I was going to start this in the CDZ, but let's see if we can get some serious thought here.
To sow discord, to undermine the public's confidence in the Trump administration but most certainly to poke at his insecurities maybe in hopes he'll lash out, screw up, do the wrong thing?

It's seems no different than the same psychological warfare that has been inflicted upon certain segments of the U.S. population being turned around and aimed at him. Surely now he knows how it feels to try to progress only to have others in your environment sabotaging your efforts. To some of us, this is very familiar territory but hey at least he knows that this is being done to him. For most of us, we never get the courtesy of an admission.

The person exists. That's not even a question as far as I am concerned. Somebody of some importance in the Trump administration wrote that piece and submitted it to the NYT.

The motivation is unknown. We will likely find out when the book is written.

I think that 'masquerader' in chief fits the bill. You're entitled to an opinion without invoking low grade drugs.
Mr. T. will be remembered as the ultimate snake oil salesman and you? his best client lol.
sure.

but sometimes it takes the drugs to have your opinion get this bad.

Let's assume that this whole thing is true, that an important person at the White House wrote this editorial as an account of this group of people who are manipulating as much as possible around Trump to protect the country.

Why would they expose this plot, one which they seem to think is working? Surely the person who wrote this knew they'll ultimately be exposed. Surely they know this will change things at the White House. So why would they let the cat out of the bag at this time?

The only two reasons I can come up with are (a) that they want to influence the November elections for some help in decreasing Trump's overall power, and (b) that they're hoping that we take a serious look at the 25th. What are your guesses?

I was going to start this in the CDZ, but let's see if we can get some serious thought here.
Interesting theory I heard....it's a signal to the voters that the staff has "got this" so no need to NOT vote Republican in November.

If this person really exists and is outed, the left will take care of him. It is likely he would be a hero to those on the left, and immediately get a high level position at CNN or MSNBC.

Lets start...

The disarray in the White House is not the Left's fault. I know there are people here that believe everything bad in the world must be from the Left and every good from the Right...

The NYT op-ed was written by a conservative... He said it in the article... He was chosen by Trump to serve the country not Trump...

Bob Woodward is not from the Left... He is one of the best investigative journalists ever in America.

Trump erratic behaviour is not caused by the Left...

The Left arrange a meeting with Russians to 'get dirt on Clinton'...

The Left didn't numerous campaign members break the law. The laws are serious and carry serious time...

The Left didn't triple inflation and increase borrowing to over a trillion a year...
I didn't blame the left in my prior post. However, it is my opinion that the left will do what they can to protect this person, whoever it is.
Correction, the left will do whatever it takes to take Trump out. Including writing this op/ed and attributing it to someone in the administration.
There are literally hundreds of people trying to find out who this person is........if it were a Leftie, do you think they might consider that being found out would be very damaging to their cause and give more fuel to trump's "deep state" accusations?

I believe some of the verbiage is key; just my opinion. Let's take a look.

"To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making.

In addition to his mass-marketing of the notion that the press is the “enemy of the people,” President Trump’s impulses are generally anti-trade and anti-democratic.

But these successes have come despite — not because of — the president’s leadership style, which is impetuous, adversarial, petty and ineffective.

It may be cold comfort in this chaotic era, but Americans should know that there are adults in the room. We fully recognize what is happening. And we are trying to do what’s right even when Donald Trump won’t.

Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis. So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over."

So, here is my take:
* The 25th A was already discussed & they decided not to go there.
* Trump is not grounded; he is a pinball bouncing inside of a pinball machine = chaos.
* There are adults in the room baby sitting a POTUS they see as doing (some) good but also doing too much damage.
* We are trying to mitigate the damage BUT don't be surprised if we all get blown to Hell with nukes before this ends.
* Everyone, please cross your fingers

So this person thinks many of Trump’s policies “have already made America safer and more prosperous” but the president’s “leadership style is ineffective”?

I wonder how many of these kind of contradictions are peppered throughout this garbage article. It’s stuff like this that makes me not able to stomach reading the whole thing. I see things others either can’t see or happily skip over.

You obviously don't care to read the OP-ED because it 'effects your sensitivities' yet you claim to see what others cannot; others that have actually read the complete article.

The Bible is also FULL of contradictions. I bet you hate reading in general.

I love it when strangers make false assumptions about me. Not sure why you picked the Bible to use as an example and sorry it took me exactly one second to find a contradiction in your precious op-ed. Oh, and you “bet” wrong.

Since we have all read the piece and aren’t just talking out of our asses, what is the most damning thing in the piece?
Not surprising, but damning nonetheless:
The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making.

sure.
but sometimes it takes the drugs to have your opinion get this bad.
Drugs? ...with this prez?... I'll give you a temporary benefit of a doubt. surely you are jesting lol.
No man... you need a very very open mind, critical enough to dig out snake oil salesmen out of their pits.

With very limited human morals, there's nothing this 'masquerader' in chief is incapable of. Where the f... have you been? (Oh yeah Fox news lol)

If this person really exists and is outed, the left will take care of him. It is likely he would be a hero to those on the left, and immediately get a high level position at CNN or MSNBC.

Lets start...

The disarray in the White House is not the Left's fault. I know there are people here that believe everything bad in the world must be from the Left and every good from the Right...

The NYT op-ed was written by a conservative... He said it in the article... He was chosen by Trump to serve the country not Trump...

Bob Woodward is not from the Left... He is one of the best investigative journalists ever in America.

Trump erratic behaviour is not caused by the Left...

The Left arrange a meeting with Russians to 'get dirt on Clinton'...

The Left didn't numerous campaign members break the law. The laws are serious and carry serious time...

The Left didn't triple inflation and increase borrowing to over a trillion a year...
I didn't blame the left in my prior post. However, it is my opinion that the left will do what they can to protect this person, whoever it is.
Correction, the left will do whatever it takes to take Trump out. Including writing this op/ed and attributing it to someone in the administration.
There are literally hundreds of people trying to find out who this person is........if it were a Leftie, do you think they might consider that being found out would be very damaging to their cause and give more fuel to trump's "deep state" accusations?
I think they don't give a fuck if they are found out. Enough people will read it and believe it.

Unless The NY Times plans to rat this person out after the damage is done, there is no way this person is real.

Oh, it was a real person and what they claimed is at least partially true because after it came out Trump's closest advisers were jumping all over each other to be the first one to deny they wrote it. None of them called it BS, they just said "it was not me".
i think "none of them calling it BS" is a reach. most people will do the same thing about of human nature. now was anyone who said NOT ME *asked* if any of it were true?

If it is not true and they know it is not true, then why bother to claim you did not write it? Seems the more logical thing to do is say it is not true.

Bc whoever wrote it is either a coward or a child. It’s a given Trump doesn’t agree with it. People are quick to say it wasn’t them bc they’re embarrassed for whoever actually wrote it and want their name cleared from such a cowardly action.

Unless The NY Times plans to rat this person out after the damage is done, there is no way this person is real.

Oh, it was a real person and what they claimed is at least partially true because after it came out Trump's closest advisers were jumping all over each other to be the first one to deny they wrote it. None of them called it BS, they just said "it was not me".
i think "none of them calling it BS" is a reach. most people will do the same thing about of human nature. now was anyone who said NOT ME *asked* if any of it were true?

If it is not true and they know it is not true, then why bother to claim you did not write it? Seems the more logical thing to do is say it is not true.

Bc whoever wrote it is either a coward or a child. It’s a given Trump doesn’t agree with it. People are quick to say it wasn’t them bc they’re embarrassed for whoever actually wrote it and want their name cleared from such a cowardly action.
yea, the bigger point is people shouldn't have to say every lie isn't true. that alone would just means OH SO YOU'RE DENYING IT!!! and move the argument in the same direction, different road.

Some good and fun motives to create the op-ed:
  1. Lodestar Pence craves the job of president before 2020 (God told him he'd be president).
  2. Trump wants to create some 'fake' controversy to attack and discredit the press from a new angle.
  3. Senior staff member has 'lost it' with Trump, needs the WH job money to feed his/her family and thinks acting like 'deep throat' is a patriotic gesture.
  4. Trump is about to do something unthinkable as Mr. T. no longer controls his paranoia and a 'group' of senior staff members actually built the op-ed.
My favorite one is number 2... but I'm an optimist.

Because they personally didn’t write it and they don’t know if someone else did or not.

You apparently don’t understand what logic is.

But they know if the basic content is accurate or not. If the piece was total BS and did not match reality, then the logical thing to do is say so, not claim you did not write it.

your devotion to Trump keeps you from using logic
there's more than 1 flow to logic as it is also derived from our own experiences. to pin it to 1 way or you're wrong seems rather convenient.

If you claim you did not write it, then that does not address the content at all.

If you claim it is untrue, that addresses both the content and the fact that you did not write it.

Which is the more logical way to go if the content is untrue?

I think the reason you’re not understanding our POV here is bc you think the author is being completely truthful. You think whoever wrote this would not have possibly written it if any of the content was a lie and that’s not how we see it.

Forum List

Back