Why do you think this NY Times Op-Ed was written?

Not even close to the same. Pence and Pompeo were not asked shit, they went out of their way to make public statements that they did not write the piece.

Pence and Pompeo didn't say they wrote it either. No one in the Administration said they wrote it, which means no one in the Administration is saying it is anything other than bullshit. Until someone says they wrote it, the administration's response could only be that it is bullshit. You cannot twist into meaning something it doesn't.

Yes! Does Gator even know how Trump feels about the media? It’s a given he and his own would deny it at any cost. That or they’d adeptly skirt the question like all politicians do.

I think that 'masquerader' in chief fits the bill. You're entitled to an opinion without invoking low grade drugs.
Mr. T. will be remembered as the ultimate snake oil salesman and you? his best client lol.
sure.
but sometimes it takes the drugs to have your opinion get this bad.
Drugs? ...with this prez?... I'll give you a temporary benefit of a doubt. surely you are jesting lol.
No man... you need a very very open mind, critical enough to dig out snake oil salesmen out of their pits.

With very limited human morals, there's nothing this 'masquerader' in chief is incapable of. Where the f... have you been? (Oh yeah Fox news lol)
i wasn't referring to this president.

you're just as slow as they say.

maybe it's the drugs.

Not even close to the same. Pence and Pompeo were not asked shit, they went out of their way to make public statements that they did not write the piece.

Pence and Pompeo didn't say they wrote it either. No one in the Administration said they wrote it, which means no one in the Administration is saying it is anything other than bullshit. Until someone says they wrote it, the administration's response could only be that it is bullshit. You cannot twist into meaning something it doesn't.

Yes! Does Gator even know how Trump feels about the media? It’s a given he and his own would deny it at any cost. That or they’d adeptly skirt the question like all politicians do.

But that is just it, Trump is not denying the content, in fact he is talking about using the DOJ to find out who wrote it. If it were fiction, it would not matter.

Trump loves the media as long as Trump can say stupid shit like, "you're fired" & we know Trump just adores Faux Nuwz.

If it is not true and they know it is not true, then why bother to claim you did not write it? Seems the more logical thing to do is say it is not true.
Because they personally didn’t write it and they don’t know if someone else did or not.

You apparently don’t understand what logic is.

But they know if the basic content is accurate or not. If the piece was total BS and did not match reality, then the logical thing to do is say so, not claim you did not write it.

your devotion to Trump keeps you from using logic
there's more than 1 flow to logic as it is also derived from our own experiences. to pin it to 1 way or you're wrong seems rather convenient.

If you claim you did not write it, then that does not address the content at all.

If you claim it is untrue, that addresses both the content and the fact that you did not write it.

Which is the more logical way to go if the content is untrue?

I think the reason you’re not understanding our POV here is bc you think the author is being completely truthful. You think whoever wrote this would not have possibly written it if any of the content was a lie and that’s not how we see it.

I think the actions of the Trump and his admin lead to the conclusion that it is accurate. Why talk of having the DOJ find out who the insider is if there really is not one?

Because they personally didn’t write it and they don’t know if someone else did or not.

You apparently don’t understand what logic is.

But they know if the basic content is accurate or not. If the piece was total BS and did not match reality, then the logical thing to do is say so, not claim you did not write it.

there's more than 1 flow to logic as it is also derived from our own experiences. to pin it to 1 way or you're wrong seems rather convenient.

If you claim you did not write it, then that does not address the content at all.

If you claim it is untrue, that addresses both the content and the fact that you did not write it.

I think the reason you’re not understanding our POV here is bc you think the author is being completely truthful. You think whoever wrote this would not have possibly written it if any of the content was a lie and that’s not how we see it.

I think the actions of the Trump and his admin lead to the conclusion that it is accurate. Why talk of having the DOJ find out who the insider is if there really is not one?
and where do we hear about this actions of the admin?

from the media?

who is trump at war with?

the media.

it would seem a selective use of a source we know isn't going to tell the truth to suddenly find morality and get it right THIS TIME.

It's just Gator, and "Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything", is a pretty good way to summarize his approach to politics.

from the media?

the media.

it would seem a selective use of a source we know isn't going to tell the truth to suddenly find morality and get it right THIS TIME.

I did not hear about them, I heard them straight from the people in the admin themselves. I cannot help if you rely totally on the media to tell you what people said, but you might try just reading their own words instead.

Just a thought.

It's just Gator, and "Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything", is a pretty good way to summarize his approach to politics.

Thanks! I do believe in this country so much that I am willing to sacrifice everything. That might be why I spent 20 years in the Marine Corps

Thanks! I do believe in this country so much that I am willing to sacrifice everything. That might be why I spent 20 years in the Marine Corps

Really, I was Army. Of course I was fighting for the sorry goat smelling son of bitch next to me, so we could both make it home alive, more than anything else.

But that is just it, Trump is not denying the content, in fact he is talking about using the DOJ to find out who wrote it. If it were fiction, it would not matter.

If it was fiction what wouldn’t matter?

from the media?

the media.

I did not hear about them, I heard them straight from the people in the admin themselves. I cannot help if you rely totally on the media to tell you what people said, but you might try just reading their own words instead.

Just a thought.
just a thought - i don't know too many people in the admin. i never get up to DC much. :)

Trump being, you know, a Crazy Nazi who throws children into concentration Camps.

Please God tell me you’re joking. You’re not going to have many people taking you serious when you claim to believe things that aren’t AT ALL true.

Sadly, the evidence points more towards passionately held belief, ie radical faith, than sober thought.

"...Trump is a Crazy Nazi who throws children into concentration Camps." Really now...who's crazy?

Well, Trump, obviously. We still have a few thousand kids who we haven't gotten back to their parents yet.

Uh-huh... and where’s the proof they’re in concentration camps or did the same press who obsesses over Trump day after day somehow miss this moral catastrophe? I want pictures of these camps and pictures of emaciated/diseased bodies—piles and piles of them. Bonus points if you can find a pyre of bodies and undeniable proof Trump is orchestrating the ethnic cleansing of millions.

Thanks in advance!

Expect a handful of recycled photos from when Obama did the same things.

I got a special twist on this....

I think the op-ed is from Mike Pence (Mr. lodestar) and Donald Trump himself. This radical combo gains from diverting attention from the Brett Kavanaugh confirmation.
Should he get confirmed and the op-ed taken in as credible:
  • Extra protection to Trump from judiciary.
  • Evangelicals (Pence) get closer to the reality of RoeVWade reversals.
  • The entire staff is forced into officially denying the reality described by the op-ed (and Woodward's book)
  • Management by fear is solidified.
  • The potential of dictatorship closer to reality.
Lodestar/Trump combo makes sense.
I would rule that out immediately, as I don't think Trump is capable of condoning anything that impinges on his fragile, inflated ego.

Which is why he continues to plow forward, getting things done. W played the same game, letting the morons think he was stupid while merrily staying several steps ahead of them.

There's something that isn't making sense to me on this.

Let's assume that this whole thing is true, that an important person at the White House wrote this editorial as an account of this group of people who are manipulating as much as possible around Trump to protect the country.

Why would they expose this plot, one which they seem to think is working? Surely the person who wrote this knew they'll ultimately be exposed. Surely they know this will change things at the White House. So why would they let the cat out of the bag at this time?

The only two reasons I can come up with are (a) that they want to influence the November elections for some help in decreasing Trump's overall power, and (b) that they're hoping that we take a serious look at the 25th. What are your guesses?

I was going to start this in the CDZ, but let's see if we can get some serious thought here.
Unless The NY Times plans to rat this person out after the damage is done, there is no way this person is real.

That's my thought as well. If a person from inside the WH wrote this it would be hard to believe it was a high level person with political experience to trust the NYT to keep their identity secret. And how exactly did the times get the story and verify who wrote it? It would seem even doing that would have been a big risk for a high level person, what would they have done had the Times said no we will not post an anonymous op-ed, knowing a story would be written about the request outing them.

Such a careless person would be difficult to trust with a security clearance.

There's something that isn't making sense to me on this.

Let's assume that this whole thing is true, that an important person at the White House wrote this editorial as an account of this group of people who are manipulating as much as possible around Trump to protect the country.

Why would they expose this plot, one which they seem to think is working? Surely the person who wrote this knew they'll ultimately be exposed. Surely they know this will change things at the White House. So why would they let the cat out of the bag at this time?

The only two reasons I can come up with are (a) that they want to influence the November elections for some help in decreasing Trump's overall power, and (b) that they're hoping that we take a serious look at the 25th. What are your guesses?

I was going to start this in the CDZ, but let's see if we can get some serious thought here.
Unless The NY Times plans to rat this person out after the damage is done, there is no way this person is real.

That's my thought as well. If a person from inside the WH wrote this it would be hard to believe it was a high level person with political experience to trust the NYT to keep their identity secret. And how exactly did the times get the story and verify who wrote it? It would seem even doing that would have been a big risk for a high level person, what would they have done had the Times said no we will not post an anonymous op-ed, knowing a story would be written about the request outing them.
My guess is that the Times editors know who this person is and that they've done some vetting. At the same time, the description they gave, "high level official" or whatever, is vague and could mean a lot of things.

The Times has to know that this person could be outed, and that they'll have to defend any bullshit they've tossed out if and when that happens.

At least theoretically. Who knows. This is nuts. It's tough to believe that they completely fabricated this. They can't be THAT desperate.

You'd be surprised. Dan Blather was so excited thinking he was going to bring down a president that he didn't bother doing basic checks of the fake documents that terminated his career as he knew it.

There is no mystery. It is a hit job on Trump.

When someone punches you in the face, it isn't often with your best interest in mind.

The Dems are scared. They have two main strategies to push their agenda forward. It has been a very successful formula for decades.

#1 - Immigration - add Dem voters through immigration and take power.

#2 - Overturn policies they don't like in the courts.

Trump is going after both strategies. The Dems could face an eventual 6-3 conservative court if Trump wins a second term. If RBG and SB both don't make it, it could be 7-2.

Trump is determined to stop the flow of immigration with a wall or other tough border security.

This is serious business for the Dems.

Forum List

Back