Why do you think this country needs more invested in the Military.

So you say everyone loves the F-22 not! CDI Combat Critique: Not everyone is convinced. The left-wing CDI believes the F-22’s performance will be subpar-Limited Weapon Set:-Low Usefulness in “Small Wars-“The Air Force says the F-22 cost $44,259 per flying hour in 2008; the Office of the Secretary of Defense said the figure was $49,808. The F-15, the F-22’s predecessor, has a fleet average cost of $30,818.”- It's a Maintenance & Readiness disaster. The f-22 program goes back further then the F-35 a comparison will be what will the F-35 be like at the same age as the F-22 now. The F-22 has nowhere near the capability as the f-35. Other then Dog fighting the f-22 is terribly limited.
Since the F-22 has been in service since 2005 it has never been sent to any of our wars during that time. Why?
Just dumping the F-35 to start up the F-22 program again , would leave us with a single dimension weapon.
Again the detractors of the f22 main concern is cost, not performance. And the f35 is 90% based off of the f22, so taking that into consideration, they are crashing and burning when all they had to do was improve on the best air system ever created...A lot of R&D that went into the f22, the F35 is piggy backing off of, and the f35 is still the most expensive weapon system ever created. I also never said dump the f35, I clearly said until the f35 fixes their bugs, we definitely should not be putting all our eggs into the f35 basket, like we’re doing now. We should restart the f22 program. Perhaps even make a carrier launcable f22. We need a plane with power, and the only thing that makes the f35 more “versatile” is the vertical take off, and carrier take off versions...because it was designed that way, off of the f22. It’s supposed to be an upgrade, air to air, it blows in comparison. If it gets picked up by infrared SAM, it’s going to be shot down. It lacks power. It’s trying to use stealth to cover that up. Where gonna come to a moment where superior tech isn’t saving it, but hurting it, just like the missels early in the Vietnam war. We rellied too much on tech vs tactics that were thought to obsolete, and lost way too many superior planes to inferior ones.
Fine and I'm more then happy that they went with the F-35 , the F-22 is one dimensional and we also need a multi dimensional aircraft or different planes for each job that needs to be done. and yes I will take two F-35 over one f-22 as far as cost is concerned.I would also point out that there is no other active stealth fighters in the world at this point.

All right. Sorry, I'll assume you didn't intentionally say it hadn't been in combat. My bad there.

But you are asking about the two planes. From what I've read, here's the bit.

The F-22 has it's role and need. As do the Legacy fighters. We can't build 1000 F-22's but we need a very strong tip to that spear.

Remember these planes are quite a bit different. While the F35 is built to have air superiority, the F-22 takes that to another level. F-35 is winning vs. legacy fighters 20:1. F-22 is more like 150:1 when it is in those.

Think of the F-22 as the F-35 built 25% better for air to air, 50% worse for everything else. They put a MUCH more expensive and much more powerful radar in the F-22 for finding enemy planes. They made it 25% faster, gave it 25% more range, 25% higher ceiling, made it 25% harder to detect.

It's built better to be an interceptor. It's built better to loiter for longer periods to provide continuous air defense. It has the ability to fly above mach without afterburners, giving it a much better range at high speed.

Think of it like the F-16 and F-15. In air to air all things being equal the F15 would clobber the F-16. (F-15 is something like 110 kills no losses in real air to air combat). But the F-16 (before the strike eagles) was built to take on multiple roles. It was built to operate off of forward bases. It was built to be less expensive than the F-15 and cost less to upkeep. 2 similar but different key roles.

The F-22 has a much more specialized role. But a very key role as well. Probably (hopefully) will never be needed to do what it really is built for, which is win a war vs. China or Russia.

Think of them like 2 cars. The F-35 is a BMW M-5. It's pretty quick, it will get you and your family around in comfort, does relatively ok on gas mileage. The F-22 is a McLaren MP4 It's uncomfortable, you don't want to drive it more than a couple hours at a time. But while the M-5 isn't going to disappoint you at the track, it's not going to hold a candle to that McLaren.

One of the biggest part of these planes is the advanced computer systems in them. That's where the other legacy fighters and support ships and such come into play. They can engage multiple targets on a 360 deg range. One use for them is they never have to open their weapons bays. They just slip in, pinpoint targets and let others from the back put long range weapons on target. So one F-35 or F-22 might take out 20 enemy planes without ever firing a shot, letting SAM's or other beyond line of sight missiles do the dirty work and letting them stay hidden. It's one major cost savings, we can still keep older fighters relevant, using them as the 22/35's long range weapons.
They are two totally different planes, the F-22 is Better in speed, love the speed without the after burner, Altitude, range of their radar system and I believe even though it has comparable payload, I believe that even though they run the same system , the F-22 has weapons with extended range. to go along with it radar. The advantage of the F-35 is you get close to two planes for the price of one F-22 and their working cost is half what the working cost are with the F-22. The thrust vectoring in the f-22 and it's heavier wing load capacity for the F-22 Can only be used in a conventional dog fight . And if this pane is at that point it totally missed what it was designed for. I like both planes a lot but at this point I'll take the two F-35's over the one f-22. The real point in all this is not comparing numbers with any other country as far as all weaponry is concerned , its the massive arsenal with way higher numbers of newer way better equipment and training.
And that’s what the f22 was designed to do, as the first stealth fighter created a couple decades before any other country. But there’s no reason to not repurpose it for other roles. My whole problem with the f35 is that it’s severely underpowered compared to 4th gens. And it uses stealth to mask that problem...the problem is stealth is already being countered, and the counter stealth tech is only going to get better. When it does, the f35 becomes a sitting duck, thus a waste of 85 million. F22 without stealth still outperforms all other 4th gens. What I’m saying is, we should at the very least definitely make more f22s, and should heavily consider pivoting it to JS-Type plane, with at the very least carrier launch capability. If in 5 years stealth is rendered useless by more tech savvy countries the f22 is still useable, the f35 is screwed, and is a waste of 2000 planes at 85 million a pop.
You can't make your case with bullshit, Stealth in no way will be dead of 5 years. Hell in five years Russia and China will have less Stealth aircraft then we do and will still be 15 years behind us in technology at the closest. , You don't seem to get this we have 187 active F-22 no one else has any.

We went to war in Iraq because because Iraq had attacked and occupied Kuwait.
What we "went to" in Iraq was not a war in the accepted sense of the word. What we did was invade a nation which we'd already betrayed and double-crossed by deliberate deception as to our concern over Hussein's actions re: Kuwait's theft of Iraqi oil. With Saudi Arabia's interests secretly in mind, and having told Hussein we were not concerned with his actions against Kuwait, H.W. Bush waited until the Iraqi Army entered and secured Kuwait, he then evicted the Iraqis and in an action which is considered an infamous display of unlawful military action (look it up) he ordered the retreating Iraqi Army, which consisted mainly of poorly trained, virtually defenseless conscripts, slaughtered on what has been named the "Highway of Death."

We went back into Iraq because Iraq refused to honor the ceasefire that resulting in our leaving leaving the first time.
What do you mean by, "We went back into Iraq?" All we did was chase what was left of the Iraqi Army back to Iraq after mercilessly and unnecessarily slaughtering them on "Highway of Death." But we didn't inhabit Iraq then. W. Bush went into (invaded) and occupied Iraq only after fabricating the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" lies.

You really have no idea what you are talking about. If you actually served in the Middle East I suggest you are just one more ignorant, misused grunt who swallowed every lump of deceitful bullshit served to you by the likes of W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Colin Powell, et al. You just don't want to know that you were duped into participating in one of the most egregious war-crimes in modern military history -- but you do your best to attach some level of glory to it.

If you'd care to research the facts leading to our present predicament, and the shameful waste of life and resources leading up to it, you will find that we have methodically created the terrorism we're dealing with today.

I find it almost impossible to understand how anyone could so debase themselves by spouting, on a public forum, such a litany of lies propaganda and fantasy history in a pathetic effort to defend one of the most evil and bloodthirsty regimes in world history.
Saddam overran Kuwait because he wanted to steal it's oil fields and port. Necked unabashed aggression and Imperialism. Of course he was also seriously into rape and pillage.

What we "went to" in Iraq was not a war in the accepted sense of the word. What we did was invade a nation which we'd already betrayed and double-crossed by deliberate deception as to our concern over Hussein's actions re: Kuwait's theft of Iraqi oil. With Saudi Arabia's interests secretly in mind, and having told Hussein we were not concerned with his actions against Kuwait, H.W. Bush waited until the Iraqi Army entered and secured Kuwait, he then evicted the Iraqis and in an action which is considered an infamous display of unlawful military action (look it up) he ordered the retreating Iraqi Army, which consisted mainly of poorly trained, virtually defenseless conscripts, slaughtered on what has been named the "Highway of Death."

We went back into Iraq because Iraq refused to honor the ceasefire that resulting in our leaving leaving the first time.
What do you mean by, "We went back into Iraq?" All we did was chase what was left of the Iraqi Army back to Iraq after mercilessly and unnecessarily slaughtering them on "Highway of Death." But we didn't inhabit Iraq then. W. Bush went into (invaded) and occupied Iraq only after fabricating the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" lies.

You really have no idea what you are talking about. If you actually served in the Middle East I suggest you are just one more ignorant, misused grunt who swallowed every lump of deceitful bullshit served to you by the likes of W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Colin Powell, et al. You just don't want to know that you were duped into participating in one of the most egregious war-crimes in modern military history -- but you do your best to attach some level of glory to it.

If you'd care to research the facts leading to our present predicament, and the shameful waste of life and resources leading up to it, you will find that we have methodically created the terrorism we're dealing with today.

I find it almost impossible to understand how anyone could so debase themselves by spouting, on a public forum, such a litany of lies propaganda and fantasy history in a pathetic effort to defend one of the most evil and bloodthirsty regimes in world history.
Saddam overran Kuwait because he wanted to steal it's oil fields and port. Necked unabashed aggression and Imperialism. Of course he was also seriously into rape and pillage.
This guy is straight out stupid , you want to know how stupid , look up "code name curve ball" associated with the Iraq war . You will see that as usual this worthless commenter is selling bullshit.

This guy is straight out stupid , you want to know how stupid , look up "code name curve ball" associated with the Iraq war . You will see that as usual this worthless commenter is selling bullshit.

Ahhh yes, once again talking shit without evidence or support. No link. Big surprise.

The fact that this "9thIDdoc" nitwit feels the need to introduce himself with a military avatar says all we need to know about him. If his military service is all he has going for him it follows that the last thing he wants to hear is the truth about it. He needs to believe Saddam Hussein was the worst person in the world and what he helped do to him was nothing but glorious.

So telling this jerk-off the truth about the Bush dynasty's destruction of Iraq is like telling a retarded ten year-old there is no Santa Claus.

Ahhh yes, once again talking shit without evidence or support. No link. Big surprise.
Hey brain dead , you want me to pick the source for you , I can but you will get a broader chose if you pick the source yourself. Brain dead people don't know that though. I ran"code name curve ball" in three search engines just to explain to everyone how stupid you are. I got over a million hits in all three. For the people that are one step above brain dead , look it up yourself, you will get a amazing broad view of stupidity and the lies that Bush the baby killer used to get us into the liars war. Where he Murdered 5000 American heroes

The fact that this "9thIDdoc" nitwit feels the need to introduce himself with a military avatar says all we need to know about him. If his military service is all he has going for him it follows that the last thing he wants to hear is the truth about it. He needs to believe Saddam Hussein was the worst person in the world and what he helped do to him was nothing but glorious.

So telling this jerk-off the truth about the Bush dynasty's destruction of Iraq is like telling a retarded ten year-old there is no Santa Claus.
It's a classic double down on killing soldiers

Vietnam was the high point

We can't admit we made a mistake. That would mean soldiers died in vain. So the patriotic thing to do is keep sending in more soldiers so that hopefully, a victory will vindicate your mistake

Hey brain dead , you want me to pick the source for you , I can but you will get a broader chose if you pick the source yourself. Brain dead people don't know that though. I ran"code name curve ball" in three search engines just to explain to everyone how stupid you are. I got over a million hits in all three. For the people that are one step above brain dead , look it up yourself, you will get a amazing broad view of stupidity and the lies that Bush the baby killer used to get us into the liars war. Where he Murdered 5000 American heroes

Really? Dam shame you aren't intelligent enough to bring any evidence or support to this forum.

]Hey brain dead , you want me to pick the source for you , I can but you will get a broader chose if you pick the source yourself. Brain dead people don't know that though. I ran"code name curve ball" in three search engines just to explain to everyone how stupid you are. I got over a million hits in all three. For the people that are one step above brain dead , look it up yourself, you will get a amazing broad view of stupidity and the lies that Bush the baby killer used to get us into the liars war. Where he Murdered 5000 American heroes
Not to mention the thousands of innocent Iraqis, both military and civilian, including innocent women and their infants, babies asleep in their cribs, when we bombed Baghdad. We've been paying for that earned hatred ever since, every time an American is killed in the Middle East. The relatives and lovers of those dead soldiers have another holiday time to mourn them, thanks to Bush 1&2, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Colin Powell, and others who conspired to create the WMD lie.

Saddam Hussein had only one enemy who was justifiably fearful of him.

AP-Bush-Saudi.jpg

BushKiss2.jpg

And we took care of that.

Gosh, does that mean you feel the need to introduce yourself with your name and that's supposed to impress us?
Fact of the matter is that I am indeed proud of my service to my country my fellow Americans and most especially my fellow soldiers. I have had the balls to stand up and do the right thing. I take it as a given that your jeers disrespect and slander are used to disguise the fact of your craven cowardice.
I served in Vietnam as a Combat Medic with a Mech. Infantry Bn. People are alive today because I was there for them. Or their father. Or their grandfather. I have made a difference. How about you?

I don't see it personally, it's not even logical or conscienable when the increased funding is from money that is needed to help the needy in this country.

I don't understand it either. A conventional military is not how wars will be fought in the future. We could close at least half our bases and stop making tanks and ground crap such as that. Also cut it with the Trumpian interventionist, warmongering bluster and hubris.

The only thing areas that need additional money are covert ops, drones, and much better cyber intel. Do all that, and we could cut the bloated military budget in half and be far safer than we are now.

Many people said the same thing in 1945. They were just as wrong then as you are now.

Our enemies are by no means limited to one method of attack. We must be prepared to defend against all possible forms of attack or we may well die. Just that simple.

Maybe sorta. I don't believe we need to be very concerned about a ground invasion. Ground wars are nearly obsolete and so the hardware required for such should be scaled way back. As for ground wars we have started, they've largely been enormous failures over the past 60+ years. We need to mind our own damn business, keep an eye on our borders and beef up missile defense systems to the point where we can take out an ICBM 99% of the time.

...and then you woke up and realized that everything you wrote is BULLSHIT.

]Hey brain dead , you want me to pick the source for you , I can but you will get a broader chose if you pick the source yourself. Brain dead people don't know that though. I ran"code name curve ball" in three search engines just to explain to everyone how stupid you are. I got over a million hits in all three. For the people that are one step above brain dead , look it up yourself, you will get a amazing broad view of stupidity and the lies that Bush the baby killer used to get us into the liars war. Where he Murdered 5000 American heroes
Not to mention the thousands of innocent Iraqis, both military and civilian, including innocent women and their infants, babies asleep in their cribs, when we bombed Baghdad. We've been paying for that earned hatred ever since, every time an American is killed in the Middle East. The relatives and lovers of those dead soldiers have another holiday time to mourn them, thanks to Bush 1&2, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Colin Powell, and others who conspired to create the WMD lie.

AP-Bush-Saudi.jpg

BushKiss2.jpg

More fake history. The war in Iraq was highly popular with the majority of Americans and Congress. And the coalition we were part of included even Arab countries. Silly to try to pretend it was somehow "Bush's war".

[QUOTE="jNot according to you and doctor love, who think a conventional military will be made obsolete to cyber warfare...that’s the point I’m arguing against. You guys watch too many movies, and don’t really know what hacking is. You also assume the world just stays safe on its own, it doesn’t. What keeps it safe is superior military tech in the hands of a relatively good force that is the US. A much better situation than russia or China being the worlds superpower...not to mention military tech has benefitted humanity greatly. Computers, phones, medicine, flight, space flight, have all either came out of war or have made groundbreaking advancements because of war, or preparing for war. Having superior tech and numbers prevents more wars, serious wars, which are even more costly, and not just in dollars.

There are key words in your post - Superior Tech

Ground forces and ground strength do NOT represent superior tech. They represent the interests of the military industrial complex. Still waiting to hear which wars we've won quickly with such since WWII. They have only enriched the MIC and we've literally lost every GD one of them.

In my mind, superior tech is a great thing - not more of the same ol' madness.

Gulf War 1992.
Ground war was 100 hours.

All I can say is that history has proven otherwise quite conclusively.
What ground wars do you think we've started?

Are you serious?

Let's start with that awesome 2 trillion dollar failed social experiment in Iraq based on a buttload of lies and intel failures.

That war lasted about a month, start to finish.

Gosh, does that mean you feel the need to introduce yourself with your name and that's supposed to impress us?
Fact of the matter is that I am indeed proud of my service to my country my fellow Americans and most especially my fellow soldiers. I have had the balls to stand up and do the right thing. I take it as a given that your jeers disrespect and slander are used to disguise the fact of your craven cowardice.
I served in Vietnam as a Combat Medic with a Mech. Infantry Bn. People are alive today because I was there for them. Or their father. Or their grandfather. I have made a difference. How about you?
That's the whole sum of your life , you missed as lot but when your brain dead you think that you can't do no wrong. Shit I all but forgot the Vietnam war other then feeling sorry for the men that went their and had to kill people who were trying to throw a military tyrant out as the leader of the country. If I was in a neutral country I would have supported the people you were sent their to kill. For a person who has so little in their lives that they use the Vietnam war of their hi-point is pitiful , very very sad. Its like All the wars that are started for the corporate bottom line of some company. These nieve Kids get drafted or sign up to go to a war like the last wars we have been involved with, all in fact since wwII are lies. These kids come back and find out the truth and then they lose their justifications of the many ugly things they did there to stay alive. Then I deal with them in my Emotional anonymous group. They suffer for the rest of their lives. They have been killed inside. So I would advise you to continue to hide from the truth , and the massive lie your war was.

AP-Bush-Saudi.jpg

BushKiss2.jpg

More fake history. The war in Iraq was highly popular with the majority of Americans and Congress. And the coalition we were part of included even Arab countries. Silly to try to pretend it was somehow "Bush's war".
Idiot , if we didn't go, tell me which country would have, Your stupid. Brain dead stupid.

More fake history. The war in Iraq was highly popular with the majority of Americans and Congress.
The invasion of Iraq was popular with the majority of Americans because the majority of Americans are inclined to believe anything spoon-fed to them by government via the mainstream media. They are not inclined to believe a President and his cabinet is capable of egregious criminal conspiracy.

And the coalition we were part of included even Arab countries.
Saddam Hussein's Iraq was an aggressively powerful force in the Middle East. Didn't you know that? Many other Middle-East nations benefited from Iraq's demise -- especially Saudi Arabia and Iran. Didn't you know that either?

Were you really in the Middle East? If so, why don't you know these things?

Silly to try to pretend it was somehow "Bush's war".
If it wasn't Bush, then who else labored and lied long and hard to initiate that unlawful invasion?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back