Why do you support illegal immigration?

Think about the immigrants here LEGALLY, that have been waiting YEARS for their citizenship. I have a mexican immigrant who works for me, and he's here legally. He's still waiting on the citizenship process. He busts his ass everyday. Why should he have to be delayed in getting citizenship, so that 20 million others here ILLEGALLY can be rewarded for their crime and integrated into the system?

He shouldn't be. The immigration policies in this country are down right idiotic. I know a guy from Jamaica that has been here since he was a year old and now, in his thirties, he still isn't a citizen. I actually didn't know he wasn't a born and bred American until he joked one day that he came over on the wrong boat.

But your argument is illogical, Pauli.

I think you are correct, Editec. Both parties have similar views on immigration. Neither, IMO, is realistic in the least.

He shouldn't be. The immigration policies in this country are down right idiotic. I know a guy from Jamaica that has been here since he was a year old and now, in his thirties, he still isn't a citizen. I actually didn't know he wasn't a born and bred American until he joked one day that he came over on the wrong boat.

But your argument is illogical, Pauli.

Don't be afraid to make your case, Rav.

In my view, because the system is completely dysfunctional and broken. Either amnesty or more government is the only way to reset the clock. While that does seem unfair to the person you mentioned, it is much more in the national interest to get these people, who are going to be here anyways, paying their share of taxes. No, its not fair. But its realistic.

So if we can't beat em, then we join em? We don't need more government to tackle the issue. There's enough government in place already, we simply need to USE it.

If we can round up 20 million illegals and reward them with citizenship, we can round up 20 million illegals and deport them, as per THE LAW.

So if we can't beat em, then we join em? We don't need more government to tackle the issue. There's enough government in place already, we simply need to USE it.

If we can round up 20 million illegals and reward them with citizenship, we can round up 20 million illegals and deport them, as per THE LAW.

There would be no rounding up for citizenship path, they would be compelled to come forward because it would be in their interests. Rounding them up is just asking for more government without oversight and more abuses of the constitution, privacy and human rights by government. How long to you really think it would be before companies like Blackwater were searching homes without warrants and detaining American citizens at gunpoint with full legal protection? 6 months, tops.

As a Paulite, i'm surprised you think more government is the solution.

The entire Mexican population does not want to come to the US, so that solves that problem. If the country is going to fail, its going to be because of borrowing to pay for tax breaks issued without reducing spending, not people cleaning offices and picking fruit. The military-industrial complex is bleeding us much more than Mexicans ever could.

I would have a problem with anyone breaking into my house regardless of their color or what country they were born in. However if I chose to compensate them for providing a service that wouldn't be breaking in. Bad analogy.

Amnesty just makes sense, but not without reform to the immigration system. The problem isn't lack of enforcement, because enforcement is damn near impossible. 1986's amnesty failed not because it was a bad idea, but because the demand for immigration far exceeds the supply of legal immigration opportunities. If the REGULATION of the SUPPLY wasn't insufficient to provide for the DEMAND we wouldn't be repeating the amnesty debate. I find it interesting that conservatives don't see, or choose not to see, the free market principles at play in immigration.

And finally, but by no means less important, is that INS has been rolled into DHS and has become, in part, ICE. There is no way DHS should be given the power to create yet another secret police force; this one to track down 20 million people. Between a wall and a new DHS agency, which would likely be given extra-constitutional powers given the brief history of the agency and its crying and complaining about checks and balances from congress and the judiciary, amnesty is cheaper and less intrusive to liberty. I can see it now: DHS with the power to deport people without hearings. If you are dark skinned and go to the store without your license you might get caught in a round up and find yourself in Tijuana the same day. On top of that, we'd be paying $10,000 a month per agent to some subcontractor with waiver from the oval office on the subcontractor's obligations under the law. I'll pass.
California is broke because of illegals and the free healthcare, free education and free food being given to them now. Not to mention they are filling up the jails and court rooms.
Buying votes is bankrupting America.

Damn, I wish I had something to add but Reality is doing too good a job. Arghhh, darn you Reality!

So I guess I'll just say...

Pretty soon we also have the sweet beaches of Costa Rica.

Oh, please let it not be so! Well, I guess expats already own like a quarter of the surrounding beachland here, so it's a process in the making.

ASJDhsiajdHS:Adudh.

That was more a trait of French in their colonialist holdings. Making the citizens of countries which our country occupies speak English is about the only way our right wing hasn't tried to act like the French in Algeria or the Brits in India or Egypt.

What the hell does that have to do with wanting people that move here, and want to live here, to speak our language ?

I have to laugh when those European descent get up in arms over 'illegal' immigration; it's what this nation was founded on. As far as I am concerned if you are European and in favor of deportation then you need to get on your damn boat back to Europe and deport yourselves. How hilarious that the ancestors of Caucasian people came over here and didn't give a shit over the fact that they brought: war, disease, and genocide to my ancestors living here and now they point a finger an whine at people crossing the border to make a better life for themselves.

I've worked in the school system with families that are clearly here illegally and they are some of the hardest working, most caring parents that I have had the honor to meet. Many of these people come here with the intention of bettering themselves and securing a future for their children. This is much more honorable than the immigrations of the past based on exploitation and destruction. Shame on those who can't seem to recall the way their ancestors came to this land and now demonize those that come here in a more peaceful manner.

If we want to stop illegal immigration then we need to have a hand in solving the economic and social crisis that are running rampant in the home countries of the people immigrating here. We won't solve immigration by simply bandaging the symptoms of those moving here unofficially as it will be a continuous situation that won't go away. Our government should stop supporting oppressive governments abroad and I believe we would see far fewer people fleeing the abuse of their own nations. However, IMO those of native/mexican descent have a greater ecological right to this continent and the indigenous people will eventually be prosperous again

Last edited:
I have to laugh when those European descent get up in arms over 'illegal' immigration; it's what this nation was founded on. As far as I am concerned if you are European and in favor of deportation then you need to get on your damn boat back to Europe and deport yourselves. How hilarious that the ancestors of Caucasian people came over here and didn't give a shit over the fact that they brought: war, disease, and genocide to my ancestors living here and now they point a finger an whine at people crossing the border to make a better life for themselves.

I've worked in the school system with families that are clearly here illegally and they are some of the hardest working, most caring parents that I have had the honor to meet. Many of these people come here with the intention of bettering themselves and securing a future for their children. This is much more honorable than the immigrations of the past based on exploitation and destruction. Shame on those who can't seem to recall the way their ancestors came to this land and now demonize those that come here in a more peaceful manner.

If we want to stop illegal immigration then we need to have a hand in solving the economic and social crisis that are running rampant in the home countries of the people immigrating here. We won't solve immigration by simply bandaging the symptoms of those moving here unofficially as it will be a continuous situation that won't go away. Our government should stop supporting oppressive governments abroad and I believe we would see far fewer people fleeing the abuse of their own nations. However, IMO those of native/mexican descent have a greater ecological right to this continent and the indigenous people will eventually be prosperous again

that was one of the reasons for supporting NAFTA. it would increase mexicos productivity and cut down the number of illegals. didnt work as well as hoped, though

that was one of the reasons for supporting NAFTA. it would increase mexicos productivity and cut down the number of illegals. didnt work as well as hoped, though

Perhaps that was a selling point of NAFTA however NAFTA itself was designed to exploit the 'third world' for our corporate benefit alone. NAFTA and the IMF are simply Economic Imperalism or war without a shot fired.

Last edited:
Eh, the NAFTA impact on the issue has never really been defined. Some sources say it's the cause of the problem, and others say if it weren't for NAFTA it'd be twice as many illegals. The big problem of economics, there's no right answer. Even on the immigration issue it's apparent- nobody can really say "Immigration is bad for the economy" or "Immigration is good for the economy", because nobody knows. There's only pro's and con's.

On another note, good post, Laine. What a lot of people don't know is the enormous chunk of those 12-20 million that aren't Mexican but Central and South American, where the US had a major role in installing military juntas, controlling resources, and all around screwing the populations. *Shrugs*, as I said before, it's a wealth magnet and when the wealth is extracted, people are soon to follow.

What the hell does that have to do with wanting people that move here, and want to live here, to speak our language ?

Its as relevant as speculating that Obama will make us all speak French. Its completely irrelevant to this thread. But one bullshit wise crack deserves another. War on everything conservatives who France-bash should be reminded how much like the French they really are.

California is broke because of illegals and the free healthcare, free education and free food being given to them now. Not to mention they are filling up the jails and court rooms.
Buying votes is bankrupting America.

Really? Where do illegals vote?

California has lots of problems for lots of reasons. Making Mexicans the straw men is an exercise for the propagandists.

Businesses are catering to them because they are viable customers. If it didn't pay they wouldn't do it.

buck-teeth.jpg

Duh...

We know, this is what we're complaining about. Americans are being made to feel guilty for not learning to speak Spanish, while immigrants are being catered to and not even being asked to learn to speak English. Even Obama claimed that they're learning English when it's obvious (in the South at least) that they're not. I'm sure some are trying and some actually do, but there is a large number who don't. The reason they don't, is because businesses are catering to them. I'm not blaming the business, but the failure on enforcement of immigration policies.

buck-teeth.jpg

Duh...

We know, this is what we're complaining about. Americans are being made to feel guilty for not learning to speak Spanish, while immigrants are being catered to and not even being asked to learn to speak English. Even Obama claimed that they're learning English when it's obvious (in the South at least) that they're not. I'm sure some are trying and some actually do, but there is a large number who don't. The reason they don't, is because businesses are catering to them. I'm not blaming the business, but the failure on enforcement of immigration policies.

Who's making you feel guilty, Brian? I'll whoop their ass.

Who's making you feel guilty, Brian? I'll whoop their ass.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZprtPat1Vk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BZprtPat1Vk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I agree with him a little bit, but his misconception is that the Mexicans are learning English.

Really? Where do illegals vote?

California has lots of problems for lots of reasons. Making Mexicans the straw men is an exercise for the propagandists.
I'm not talking about straw, I'm talking about billion$$$ being spent to facilitate illegals.
Illegals vote at the same place dead people vote, the voting polls.
Half the people in CA prisons are illegals.

California is bankrupt and Mexico should be paid to take CA.

Forum List

Back