Why do you need to carry a gun?

What a great reason for putting people n danger where you tote.

Just because YOU are irresponsible, untrustworthy, and deranged, don't project that onto everyone else.

First of all, you certainly can not guarantee that every toter is trustworthy, responsible & not deranged. I mean there is something not right about the urge to have your loaded firearm with you 24/7/365.

Second, accidents happen.
Of course, you are PERFECT but others can have misfires, leave their guns where they shouldn't, have guns taken from them, and if a temper tantrum , stsart shooting.

There is a risk. If you think there is not, then you are too God damn stupid to carry a loaded weapon.

You can't guarantee anything about anyone. And life is risk

If you want a risk free life you are going to be disappointed

Why do you think it is OK for you to pose a link to a family eating dinner at the next table.

I pose zero threat to any of my neighbors.
OK I gert it.

If You & I are walking in a crowded park. Me unarmed, you toting a loaded weapon. Which one of us poses a higher risk of getting someone injured or killed by a weapon we are carrying?

My risk is zero. If you claim yours is zero then you are just a liar.

Because you are so brainwashed. You actually believe an inanimate object acts on it's own.

Not at all, dope.

One thing is certain though. One must possess a gun in order to use a gun. The possession of a gun increases the risk to everyone in the household becoming a victim of gun violence dramatically.

Spare us the lecture about "responsible" gun owners. The fact that there are irresponsible owners at all is a problem.

So where do you stop? Swimming pools kill people, knives kill people, blunt objects kill people, cars kill tens of thousands every year.

You are catching on slowly. Yes, one must possess a gun to use a gun, and that’s exactly the message we want to send to bad guys.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

A swimming pool is in one's yard, keep your gun in your yard.

A knife does not kill people iof you mishandle it. We use cars for a reason & people who drive them are tested & can lose their licenses. You had a fit when there was a attempt to pass a law taking guns from people with PFAs against them.

Most toters were never trained or tested & it is legal to tote under the influence.

People with concealed carry permits can lose those permits for any number of offenses which is why people with concealed carry permits are some of the most law abiding people in the country
And according to you just perfect. They have never, ever misfired, mishandled their gun, left it unattended.

Holding people to a standard of perfection is an exercise in futility.

Most people learn that by the time they are in third grade

Funny I've had a CC permit for almost 34 years and no one has ever been "in danger" because I was carrying. In fact no one ever even knew I was carrying.

The fact is that most people who carry concealed firearms know that it is an awesome responsibility and people with concealed carry permits are some of the most law abiding people in the country.
So you have NEVER mishandled, forgot to engage the safety, never left your gun out, never knew any toter that did.

If you sas no, then you are a liar.

Never once have I discharged any firearm accidentally.

My handguns don't have safeties

And it's obvious that you don't know very many people who carry
Two days ago at the grocery, the guy in front of us in the aisle had a handgun in the back of his pants.

I guess you will tell me he is a responsible toter?

If you could see it and your state does not allow open carry the no he wasn't.

Anyone who carries a handgun open or concealed and doesn't use a holster is an idiot.

And you'll find that my sentiment on this is one that vast majority of people with concealed carry permits agree with

So toters can be idiots & pose risks.

Not long ago, I walked to the mailbox, and along my route I saw a Copperhead snake. For those who are uninformed about this particular snake, it is venomous. A healthy adult probably will not die from the bite, providing that they receive medical attention promptly. However, children, and elderly, will find the bite far more deadly. Not to mention pets. Everyone on my street has dogs, and I have cats as well. Additionally my neighbor is in his 80’s, and he would probably find the bite life threatening.

So this snake was a danger to my pets, my neighbors, and the children who live a quarter mile away.

I pulled the pistol I habitually carry, and shot the snake. I was in my yard, in my neighborhood, if you can call it a neighborhood to live in such a rural area. Yet I was armed, because this is not the first wildlife threat I’ve found myself facing. We also have Wild Boar, which are very aggressive and potentially dangerous or deadly. Coyotes are heard from time to time as they roam along the wooded areas that take up a vast majority of the space out here.

I did not go looking for the snake. I did not go out of my way searching for it. I found it on my normal path, walking to the mailbox in my rural area, on my land. In my yard, the area with grass and such.

So why carry a gun? Because if I had to turn around and rush to the house to get the pistol, the snake may have moved, and been difficult, or impossible to locate. Perhaps he would have returned to the woods, where I sometimes walk, to check the property, but never in a hunting frame of mind. That snake might have bitten my dog, my cats, or my neighbors pets. It might have bitten my neighbor, the old man who has his mailbox positioned next to mine. It might have bitten a child. The best you could hope for is an expensive trip to the Emergency Room, sucking your cash out to pay for the care you would need to minimize the danger.

There is much truth in the old saying. It is better to have, and not need, than to need and not have. There are. Probably a dozen more Copperheads within two hundred yards of where I sit. In the woods, or marshy areas. Hunting and living, and just as much of a danger to the neighborhood as the one I shot. I did not break the law. In Georgia, you can kill venomous snakes, but not non venomous snakes. The experts tell you to take two steps back, and run away if you come across one. That is not my way. It leaves the problem for another. It leaves the danger for my 80 year old neighbor, his dog, or the dogs two doors down who meander over to say hello now and then.

It leaves the danger for the children, who ride their bikes up and down the dirt road.

So why do you need to carry a gun? Because there are more dangers than the odd robbery, or attempted murder. Because the world is filled with threats, two legged, four legged, and even no legs at all. With a gun, you have a much better chance of survival than without. With a gun, you do not guarantee survival, but you increase your odds dramatically.

Yes, accidents are going to happen, just as they do with cars and drivers. Yes, people are going to use the gun to criminally harm another. And yes, people who have guns are going to die before they can get the thing into play. I didn’t say it was a miracle answer, I just said it increases your odds of survival. No one can guarantee your safety or protection. The best that they, or I, can do is give you a fighting chance at survival. Be it from a Copperhead, or a Shitheaded thug. If you choose to take no action to protect yourself, that is your choice, and I’ll respect it. But do not try and take that right from others, because I won’t respect that.
Ridiculous sophistry.

No one ‘needs’ to carry a gun.

Carrying a concealed firearm is a subjective, personal preference.

Just as I carry a concealed firearm not out of ‘need’ but due to preference.

Just because YOU are irresponsible, untrustworthy, and deranged, don't project that onto everyone else.

First of all, you certainly can not guarantee that every toter is trustworthy, responsible & not deranged. I mean there is something not right about the urge to have your loaded firearm with you 24/7/365.

Of course, you are PERFECT but others can have misfires, leave their guns where they shouldn't, have guns taken from them, and if a temper tantrum , stsart shooting.

There is a risk. If you think there is not, then you are too God damn stupid to carry a loaded weapon.

The link has been posted. CCW people are the least likely to commit a crime. Police, who you believe should be the only ones carrying are six times more likely than CCW permit holders to commit a crime.

So all your predictions of gloom and doom and rampaging gun owners is not backed up by a scrap of evidence. Oh, and in case you were wondering, would you like to know the most common crime committed by CCW holders? Forgetting to carry their permit. You see, carrying a weapon without your permit, is like driving without a license. Only there is no way to show the Judge later that you really were legal and be let off with a warning. It is a crime, period.

Concealed Weapons Permit or License holders are literally the most law abiding people on the planet as a group. That is regardless of race, or any other factor, because I know plenty of my friends who have CCW, and they are not all White. One of my very best friends is Black, and has a CCW.

In Georgia, we have about one million people with CCW’s. To hear you tell it, the Old West would shudder to even think about entering the state since there were gunfights on every corner day and night. Folks from Compton would argue that we are a really dangerous place to visit. But it doesn’t happen. Why?

First CCW people learn about the law. When they can, and when they can’t shoot someone. They read articles about liability, and some of them, myself included, join groups to provide insurance in case the worst case scenario happens. In my case, I have a card that I use to call a Lawyer right away in case I ever have to shoot someone.

So what sets those folks apart from the groups you belong to? The groups you belong to being far more criminal than they are. Well first off these people are willing to go through a background check. IN Georgia, you file a petition with the Probate Court. The FBI and GBI both run checks on you. In both cases you have to come back clean as a whistle to get your permit. Along with that card, you get a letter telling you your responsibilities in the law. If your CCW comes up missing you must file a police report right away. The cops need to know that there is a license that may not be valid out there somewhere.

The most dangerous time for a CCW person is interacting with police. My rule is to hand over my CCW with my Drivers License. I don’t say “I have a gun” because the cop may react badly. But if he sees the license, he knows I am legally allowed to have a weapon, and I am informing him of it immediately.

Yeah, I’ve done just that. The cop who was writing up the report on a minor fender bender, asked me to put the weapon in my car. I did so. I did not want to do that before he arrived because if someone saw it and started screaming he has a gun, you know one of your left wing loonies, someone could get hurt.

Nobody was ticketed, and the insurance took care of the minor damage to the two cars.

CCW people know that if we do commit any crime, it gets ten times worse for us. If we get into a fist fight, we are now looking at a felony instead of a minor misdemeanor. Why? We are in possession of a weapon during the commission of a crime. Drunk driving? Again, in possession of a weapon in the commission of a crime. Whatever misdemeanor charge we might face, becomes a felony, and we really don’t want to go down that path. So we are polite, friendly, casual.

Yet, with all that, the CCW people remain the least criminal group in the United States. And they are represented by people of all races.

Why do you think it is OK for you to pose a link to a family eating dinner at the next table.

OK I gert it.

If You & I are walking in a crowded park. Me unarmed, you toting a loaded weapon. Which one of us poses a higher risk of getting someone injured or killed by a weapon we are carrying?

I have 34 years experience carrying a concealed weapon and I have never shot anyone who has ever been around me

Funny I've had a CC permit for almost 34 years and no one has ever been "in danger" because I was carrying. In fact no one ever even knew I was carrying.

The fact is that most people who carry concealed firearms know that it is an awesome responsibility and people with concealed carry permits are some of the most law abiding people in the country.
So you have NEVER mishandled, forgot to engage the safety, never left your gun out, never knew any toter that did.

Two days ago at the grocery, the guy in front of us in the aisle had a handgun in the back of his pants.

If you could see it and your state does not allow open carry the no he wasn't.

Anyone who carries a handgun open or concealed and doesn't use a holster is an idiot.

And you'll find that my sentiment on this is one that vast majority of people with concealed carry permits agree with

So toters can be idiots & pose risks.

You can be an idiot and pose risk even without a gun.

Unlike you I know that there is NEVER zero risk.

I have some bad news for ya, and that is people are around you with guns all the time.

You remind me of an elderly lady I was talking to at the grocery store while waiting in a long line a few years back. Somehow the subject of concealed carry came up with the lady and her daughter behind me, I and another customer were contributing the the chat.

It wasn't real serious and everybody was very nice, but the elderly lady said that citizens with guns scare her. I told her that there are people with guns--probably in the grocery store right now, and she would never know! She doubted my claim saying she could recognize a person who was armed fifty feet away.

So I smiled and asked "Am I a person who is armed?" She laughed and said "No you are not. You're too nice!" Then I opened my jacket. In the colder months, I use a shoulder holster. She just formed an O with her mouth as if she was going to scream, but laughed quickly afterwards.

She asked "Why are you carrying that thing?" I said "In case a bad guy comes in this store carrying the same thing. God forbid it happen, but if it did, you'll be glad your behind me in this line."

I think it gave her something to think about.
A bad guy behind you with a machine gun...will give you a heads up. You are delusional.and yet you cant beat the stats, countries with less guns and restrictions on them have less deaths, crimes by guns. I even i knew that as a kid overseas watching the news about gun violence in the US...35 years later I live here and it is still epidemic.

Because you are so brainwashed. You actually believe an inanimate object acts on it's own.

Not at all, dope.

One thing is certain though. One must possess a gun in order to use a gun. The possession of a gun increases the risk to everyone in the household becoming a victim of gun violence dramatically.

Spare us the lecture about "responsible" gun owners. The fact that there are irresponsible owners at all is a problem.

So where do you stop? Swimming pools kill people, knives kill people, blunt objects kill people, cars kill tens of thousands every year.

You are catching on slowly. Yes, one must possess a gun to use a gun, and that’s exactly the message we want to send to bad guys.

Most toters were never trained or tested & it is legal to tote under the influence.

Any facts to these? Where I am to carry there is a Permit class required and under the influence carrying is illegal

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/624.7142

Secondly, only 8 states have no carry requirements where someone can carry without training/testing. 6 of which are in the least populous 10 states in the US.

I'd like to see some facts for your statement there that even though those 8 states make up a tiny part of the population, they make up the majority of carryers.

OK I gert it.

Yeah. You are.

Not long ago, I walked to the mailbox, and along my route I saw a Copperhead snake. For those who are uninformed about this particular snake, it is venomous. A healthy adult probably will not die from the bite, providing that they receive medical attention promptly. However, children, and elderly, will find the bite far more deadly. Not to mention pets. Everyone on my street has dogs, and I have cats as well. Additionally my neighbor is in his 80’s, and he would probably find the bite life threatening.

So this snake was a danger to my pets, my neighbors, and the children who live a quarter mile away.

I pulled the pistol I habitually carry, and shot the snake. I was in my yard, in my neighborhood, if you can call it a neighborhood to live in such a rural area. Yet I was armed, because this is not the first wildlife threat I’ve found myself facing. We also have Wild Boar, which are very aggressive and potentially dangerous or deadly. Coyotes are heard from time to time as they roam along the wooded areas that take up a vast majority of the space out here.

I did not go looking for the snake. I did not go out of my way searching for it. I found it on my normal path, walking to the mailbox in my rural area, on my land. In my yard, the area with grass and such.

So why carry a gun? Because if I had to turn around and rush to the house to get the pistol, the snake may have moved, and been difficult, or impossible to locate. Perhaps he would have returned to the woods, where I sometimes walk, to check the property, but never in a hunting frame of mind. That snake might have bitten my dog, my cats, or my neighbors pets. It might have bitten my neighbor, the old man who has his mailbox positioned next to mine. It might have bitten a child. The best you could hope for is an expensive trip to the Emergency Room, sucking your cash out to pay for the care you would need to minimize the danger.

There is much truth in the old saying. It is better to have, and not need, than to need and not have. There are. Probably a dozen more Copperheads within two hundred yards of where I sit. In the woods, or marshy areas. Hunting and living, and just as much of a danger to the neighborhood as the one I shot. I did not break the law. In Georgia, you can kill venomous snakes, but not non venomous snakes. The experts tell you to take two steps back, and run away if you come across one. That is not my way. It leaves the problem for another. It leaves the danger for my 80 year old neighbor, his dog, or the dogs two doors down who meander over to say hello now and then.

It leaves the danger for the children, who ride their bikes up and down the dirt road.

So why do you need to carry a gun? Because there are more dangers than the odd robbery, or attempted murder. Because the world is filled with threats, two legged, four legged, and even no legs at all. With a gun, you have a much better chance of survival than without. With a gun, you do not guarantee survival, but you increase your odds dramatically.

Yes, accidents are going to happen, just as they do with cars and drivers. Yes, people are going to use the gun to criminally harm another. And yes, people who have guns are going to die before they can get the thing into play. I didn’t say it was a miracle answer, I just said it increases your odds of survival. No one can guarantee your safety or protection. The best that they, or I, can do is give you a fighting chance at survival. Be it from a Copperhead, or a Shitheaded thug. If you choose to take no action to protect yourself, that is your choice, and I’ll respect it. But do not try and take that right from others, because I won’t respect that.
Ridiculous sophistry.

I've said it before and will keep saying it. Freedom is risky, it is dangerous, it is messy and chaotic. It requires maturity and wisdom to maintain.

Those who would trade it for an illusion of safety usually end up with neither. The one you give authority and responsibility to keep you safe is the one who now has power to harm you.

Ridiculous sophistry.

Thanks for all the false goalposts. Now let's get to the heart of it.

Can YOU guarantee me that I'm going to be safe WITHOUT being armed? No, you cannot, so do NOT attempt to guilt me into sacrificing MY safety for some apocryphal fear YOU have.

Second, you know what happens even more often than accidents? Deliberate acts of evil, that's what. So again, do NOT attempt to guilt me into sacrificing my very real safety for some vague imagining of danger YOU have.

Of course, YOU are perfectly safe and could never be the victim of a crime, but others HAVE had assaults and rapes and kidnappings and attempted murders.

There is a lot more than a frigging risk, and if you think there is not, then you are too stupid to be allowed to talk in public around adults.

[Q

Only lowlifes take a piss in public. I have a good bladder I can hold it till I'll go home.
And besides Mr smart, if that happens what would having gun on me serve for against the element of surprise ?

Good for you for having a "good bladder".

If you don't think a gun would ever protect you or your family then don't buy one. Problem solved.

However, don't be an asshole. Leave my Constitutional rights alone.
But you pose a risk when you carry a loaded gun in public. Does your right over rule my safety?

Does YOUR imagined right overrule MY safety? Why is that YOUR idea of what constitutes "safety" takes precedence over MY idea of safety, especially when MY idea of safety is in alignment with the actual law, and yours exists only in some vaguely-imagined utopia?

I have some bad news for ya, and that is people are around you with guns all the time.

You remind me of an elderly lady I was talking to at the grocery store while waiting in a long line a few years back. Somehow the subject of concealed carry came up with the lady and her daughter behind me, I and another customer were contributing the the chat.

It wasn't real serious and everybody was very nice, but the elderly lady said that citizens with guns scare her. I told her that there are people with guns--probably in the grocery store right now, and she would never know! She doubted my claim saying she could recognize a person who was armed fifty feet away.

So I smiled and asked "Am I a person who is armed?" She laughed and said "No you are not. You're too nice!" Then I opened my jacket. In the colder months, I use a shoulder holster. She just formed an O with her mouth as if she was going to scream, but laughed quickly afterwards.

She asked "Why are you carrying that thing?" I said "In case a bad guy comes in this store carrying the same thing. God forbid it happen, but if it did, you'll be glad your behind me in this line."

A bad guy behind you with a machine gun...will give you a heads up. You are delusional.and yet you cant beat the stats, countries with less guns and restrictions on them have less deaths, crimes by guns. I even i knew that as a kid overseas watching the news about gun violence in the US...35 years later I live here and it is still epidemic.

I travelled a lot...when I turn on local 5v news all I see people protesting or some random stufff... I get back here all I see is gun deaths and shootings everywhere.
The whole world, stats, number of deaths all points to gun problem in the US...except the tough guys with small balls who need a gun to feel safe.

I bet yoir balls will get really small when your at a road side rest taking a piss and a bad guy sticks a gun in your back or knife and the only thing you can do is tremble and hold your dick

So if you are armed & taking thst piss & someone sticks a gun in your back, how the fuck is being armed going to help you?

So you're saying that if safety isn't 100% guaranteed, then fuck it, just don't even try?

Ridiculous sophistry.

Did you or anyone else get shot?

Ridiculous sophistry.

Why do YOU think it is okay for you to demand that millions of women be defenseless because your junkless pussy self is afraid of guns and gun owners?

OK I gert it.

The only way someone would get injured is if they attacked the person carrying the gun. The gun doesn't go off by itself.

Not at all, dope.

A knife does not kill people iof you mishandle it. We use cars for a reason & people who drive them are tested & can lose their licenses. You had a fit when there was a attempt to pass a law taking guns from people with PFAs against them.

"A knife does not kill people iof [sic] you mishandle it." What the fuck were you attempting and failing to say here?

"We use cars for a reason." What a coincidence. WE use guns for a reason. And people who misuse guns can lose their right to own them.

I have no idea where you got the idea that it's legal to carry a gun while intoxicated. I assume it was out of the same terrified, pussy-boy fantasy that tells you that every gun owner is suddenly going to morph into an action-movie villain.

Last edited:

Not at all, dope.

People with concealed carry permits can lose those permits for any number of offenses which is why people with concealed carry permits are some of the most law abiding people in the country
And according to you just perfect. They have never, ever misfired, mishandled their gun, left it unattended.

A lot less often than people have been harmed/killed because they were unable to defend themselves.

Not at all, dope.

A lot less often than people have been harmed/killed because they were unable to defend themselves.
Democrats are perpetual victims. Without victims, there's no need for Democrats. Self defense is against their religion.

The police usually show up after a crime has been committed.
Not blaming them but response time is what it is a best they show up after the crime is in progress or after the crime
Cops may or may not stop the crime in progress or find the criminal.
Often if your being mugged raped home invasion assulted its all after the event.
I choose to have more control over my fate and my familys fate . Im not going to be raped robbed or allow my children to be hurt . if anti gun people cant understand that then to bad kiss my asz and allow your family to be victimized .

OK I gert it.

More to the point:

I am anywhere at all while armed. You are anywhere at all while unarmed. Which one of us is at a higher risk of becoming a crime statistic?

And then the most important point:

Your hypothetical and my hypothetical. Which one is actually more likely to be real and relevant?

Forum List

Back