Why do you hate

HeeHEE I got Pagan Russia for ABiker Sailor two posts above, then I post the sacrifice ceremony of the Tribal Russians, preCommunism, that's fun. Because all these Nationalists keep coming up with some sort of ideologue war and tossing the priests in the rivers. I could get into sacrificing women , burning or dancing? Or you know ,what do You believe starts spring anyway? Its sort of like British Indian? Lithuanian? The Russians are making good work of her! Toss me a thigh bone!

First who is you and how many exactly? Second, I and others don't hate people of faith, just don't jam it down our throats. Third, consider the hypocrisy, no priests arrested for molestation, and never saw a poor TV Evangelist.

The Classic King Kong is just 20 years later. Later than "The Ballet Masterpiece" RIte of Spring. Well, now that I hear it, Stravinsky really Did work on that Music!

First who is you and how many exactly? Second, I and others don't hate people of faith, just don't jam it down our throats. Third, consider the hypocrisy, no priests arrested for molestation, and never saw a poor TV Evangelist.

There are corrupt, unbiblical churches and denominations. Anyone can say they're a Christian, Jesus said you'll know them by their fruits (actions.) In other words, don't look to frauds as "people of faith," they're clearly not.

I don't hate God or people of faith. But those faithful people have a way of imposing themselves and their occasionally eidgid morals on the rest of the nation.

If they disapprove of abortion, I suggest they do not have abortions. If they hate homosexuals, I suggest they don't go to a Gay Pride parade.

There is a difference between acceptance and tolerance. Faithful people don't have to accept behavior they are squimish about. But in our nation, they should be tolerant.

Outdated stereotype. There are lots of secular pro-lifers, and a growing number of them, since one doesn't need to be religious to know that killing the most innocent and vulnerable among us for convenience' sake is wrong. Check out: Secular Pro-Life

And if you think that godless leftists don't try to impose their morals on others, you haven't been paying attention.

I dont hate gods or theists. But I am definitely 'antitheist' and am quite happy that all this magical sky daddy stuff is likely a steaming pile of bullshit.

At least you guys would let go of Wedlock finally. Little frog, little frog, dad came along, pee in a frog, tad poles , gets legs.

Well stated. The Atheist ethos and prime philosophy is about justification for vile acts and the ability to commit them without legal or social repercussion, punishment or feeling guilt. Hatred of God is born of the so-called atheist's refusal to accept ultimate authority. Atheism and moral relativism are one in the same. In effect atheists are little more than teenagers who refuse to obey their parents largely because they think they know better. Of course, they do have some idea of what is right and what is wrong, however, in order to assuage this guilt for wrong doing they require groups of like minded individuals to reassure them they've done nothing wrong. In believing they are progressive, new age thinkers atheists confine themselves to a much narrower minded box than any believer in God who takes responsibility for his or her own actions.

Great post, and that's exactly how I always see atheists too... like angry, rebellious teenagers who wave their fist at their parents because they truly think they know better. In many cases, it's definitely a refusal to accept ultimate authority. (It's sad, because they don't realize that God is good, and for those of us who have been on both sides, we KNOW from experience that following God is infinitely better and wiser, than following ourself or the world.)

But I
Well stated. The Atheist ethos and prime philosophy is about justification for vile acts and the ability to commit them without legal or social repercussion, punishment or feeling guilt. Hatred of God is born of the so-called atheist's refusal to accept ultimate authority. Atheism and moral relativism are one in the same. In effect atheists are little more than teenagers who refuse to obey their parents largely because they think they know better. Of course, they do have some idea of what is right and what is wrong, however, in order to assuage this guilt for wrong doing they require groups of like minded individuals to reassure them they've done nothing wrong. In believing they are progressive, new age thinkers atheists confine themselves to a much narrower minded box than any believer in God who takes responsibility for his or her own actions.

Great post, and that's exactly how I always see atheists too... like angry, rebellious teenagers who wave their fist at their parents because they truly think they know better. In many cases, it's definitely a refusal to accept ultimate authority. (It's sad, because they don't realize that God is good, and for those of us who have been on both sides, we KNOW from experience that following God is infinitely better and wiser, than following ourself or the world.)

Not Really , I didn't figure out that was my Parents' generation! Nobody explains it, do they, the Anti-Gods! Hippie hair , John Lennon. Actually most already tenet-holding religious people are from the Imagine school! Haha! If Mark David Chapman is Caulfield, what does that make John Lennon in this story line? Don't they have Presbyterian war-camp refugee help trade-in and get out of jail?

I wholly believe the majority of good people begin life feeling oppressed by the faith of their parents, seek in defiance the freedom to explore knowledge outside the faith of their forefathers, spend years doing just that, and then after experiencing what the world of information outside their family's shell has to offer return to the fold so to speak of Christianity and God, who is ultimate truth and wisdom, forgiveness and salvation . . . and for some, wrath. I no longer believe in wise men, only the wisdom of certain ideas and actions. Therein I also believe lies the core fault of the atheist ideology: belief that he or she can be wise alone, without God, and even spread wisdom to other people and lead them to some form of secular salvation or perfect state of mortal being. Too bad no man or women is perfect and the road to hell truly is paved with good intentions (and a few thousand tons of bad ones as well).

I don't hate God or people of faith. But those faithful people have a way of imposing themselves and their occasionally eidgid morals on the rest of the nation.

If they disapprove of abortion, I suggest they do not have abortions. If they hate homosexuals, I suggest they don't go to a Gay Pride parade.

There is a difference between acceptance and tolerance. Faithful people don't have to accept behavior they are squimish about. But in our nation, they should be tolerant.

Outdated stereotype. There are lots of secular pro-lifers, and a growing number of them, since one doesn't need to be religious to know that killing the most innocent and vulnerable among us for convenience' sake is wrong. Check out: Secular Pro-Life

And if you think that godless leftists don't try to impose their morals on others, you haven't been paying attention.
You point out there are secular pro-lifers that hen slam lefts as godless.

If it wasn't for situational ethics, you would have no ethics at all.

we KNOW from experience that following God is infinitely better and wiser
And I know from experience that it isn't.

I don't know your background, but I would bet a billion dollars that if you were a Christian, you were never born again. And that means you never changed from your old (human) nature, in essence you stayed the same. Which means no, you haven't been on both sides.

Even Horace Underwood can translate this one! Move over, Saint Peter lost his keys.

You point out there are secular pro-lifers that hen slam lefts as godless.

If it wasn't for situational ethics, you would have no ethics at all.

Obviously not all leftists are godless, and that wasn't what I was saying. I was saying that the ones who ARE try to impose their will on others. You misunderstood.

I don't know your background, but I would bet a billion dollars that if you were a Christian, you were never born again. And that means you never changed from your old (human) nature, in essence you stayed the same. Which means no, you haven't been on both sides.
Well that's a hilarious pile of magical nonsense.

Well that's a hilarious pile of magical nonsense.

You just confirmed what I already knew. Now it's more clear you were never on both sides.

I get it, I used to think like you. But spiritual regeneration is a real thing, whether you believe it or not.

You just confirmed what I already knew.
As does everything, when your mind is addled by magical hooha. It has to. Thats literally the entire paradigm. But, from the perspective of anyone that doesn't accept your prefferred little, narrow magical fetish, you are just stroking yourself for your faith. And you feel the same way about everyone who doesnt buy your little narrow magical fetish.

No, i seriously doubt your magical hooha is true.

Forum List

Back