Why Do You Choose to Participate on USMB?

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
I was just wondering why you choose to participate on the U.S. Message Board? I am sure you have read a few comments suggesting that those who do don't have a life, don't have families, etc., that would ordinarily take up their time. And I remember one guy who posted saying he was so disappointed with the election results that he just wanted to learn how conservatives think, since they now seem to be the majority in this country.

As for me, I choose to participate because I find information here that I would not ordinarily have access to. Thank you all for the great articles that you post to enlighten me.

I also like to participate with others who share my beliefs on political issues, which you sometimes cannot do with family, friends and acquaintances. As I have indicated in previous posts, I live in a very liberal, university town; the county where I live is a Democratic county in a Republican state; and within my extended family there are both conservatives and liberals (Republicans and Democrats). The information I have access to on this board helps me to deal with that reality.

I participate because I learn a great deal here. I also participate because I don't have much of a social life here in Japan in the Navy so many of the people here have become my new friends, persons that often help me get through the most depressing in port periods and points in the Navy, simply by exchanging ideas, opinions, information and analysis.

I participate because I'm waiting to die and can't do much of anything else. Especially in winter. And it is very interesting how different people think and react to different situations. Some of my thoughts, which are a part of me, may float around in "computer space" after I'm gone.

Merlin said:
I participate because I'm waiting to die and can't do much of anything else. Especially in winter. And it is very interesting how different people think and react to different situations. Some of my thoughts, which are a part of me, may float around in "computer space" after I'm gone.

Merlin---are you not telling us something here?????

i participate because there are some like minded wierdos here

:2guns: :whip3: :scratch:

I came to USMB to learn more about what was going on in politics. I stayed because I've met so many wonderful people that I'm proud to call friends. Now, to just meet them in person!! :D

UsaPride said:
I came to USMB to learn more about what was going on in politics. I stayed because I've met so many wonderful people that I'm proud to call friends. Now, to just meet them in person!! :D
i say we all find a nice nudist colony to meet up at!!

Forum List

Back