Why do USMB Republicans pretend they don't hate gays?

Ask a conservative to tell you why they oppose marriage equality for gays, same sex marriage, what are the grounds for that opposition,

and see if any of them can give you an answer that is anything more than simply hostility towards gays.

They can't.

Still want to ignore even California voted no to gay marriage?

First of all, that vote was in 2008 and assed by a narrow margin. By 2013 much had changed.

In November 2008, after an ugly campaign that stirred emotions and split families along generational lines, California voters narrowly approved Proposition 8. The ballot initiative defined marriage as between a man and a woman and banned same-sex marriage in the Golden State.
Now, as the Supreme Court hears arguments from those challenging the law's constitutionality, we Californians have a message for the rest of the country: "Oops. Never mind."
A new Field Poll, released at the end of February, provides the evidence of what many of us here on the left coast have been sensing over the last 4½ years: When it comes to same-sex marriage, many California voters want a do-over. The survey shows that 61% of California voters now approve of it, with 32% opposed.Opinion: California wants a do-over on same-sex marriage vote - CNN.com

In addition it was never appropriate to put a matter of civil rights to a vote. That is not how our Constitutional Republic works

How was it a civil rights issue? No one cared about Civil Unions, you guys wanted to be in your face messing up religious institutions..

Messing up religious institutions? How so?

A few fun facts:

At issue here is the legal/civil aspect of marriage which affords gays the same status, security, economic advantages and legal protections of others

Many religious institutions support same sex marriage and will officiate ate their weddings
If a religious institution is opposed to same sex marriage, they are in no way obligated to participate in the ceremony, of recognize the marriage.

So stop bleating about "messing up religious in institutions" You are just being hysterical

Republicans have a long list of people they hate. Gays, Muslims, blacks, and women's rights being at the top of the list.

Oh look, left loon talking points. :cuckoo:
Why do USMB Republicans pretend they don't hate gays? That are spot on.
1 reference?
Did you see the second post in this thread?
Yes.

1 reference.

Post #2.

All USMB Republicans?

Republicans have a long list of people they hate. Gays, Muslims, blacks, and women's rights being at the top of the list.

I remember the shooting at Orlando and the many Republicans who posted all over the Internet, things like: He didn't kill enough and next time, let's hope they get more.

Then you have many right wing preachers who flat out say they want gays killed.

Look at what they did in Uganda.

Even as far back as Mitt Romney, we have some USMB Republicans insisting that Republicans didn't hate gays. When it became known Romney had a gay advisor, the advisor was drummed out of the campaign.

I think it's better that Republicans embrace their hatred rather than sending out a hypocritical double message.
I could ask: WHY are liberals such big hypocrites about animosity? They try to hide all that rancor and hate of theirs under the holier-than- thou guise of fighting hate. How ironic. Liberals act so conceited and self righteous, they are becoming a hate group. Absolutely intolerant jerks, but they want to "END HATE"? Who is kidding WHO here?
Hilarious. Liberals are white, black, brown, gay, straight, rich, poor, and so on.

Republicans are 90% white who hate everyone.

But the liberals are intolerant?

Ask a conservative to tell you why they oppose marriage equality for gays, same sex marriage, what are the grounds for that opposition,

and see if any of them can give you an answer that is anything more than simply hostility towards gays.

They can't.

Marriage is a State level contract. 14th amendment protections don't extend to something like that due to the radical nature of the change to the contract, as opposed to loving where the only issue was race, and history is full of marriages between people of differing race/tribe.

The most the feds can do is force one State to recognize another States Same sex license under full faith and credit, even if they don't want to issue their own. States can modify the marriage license as they see fit, even if they want to legalize polygamy.

That is actually a strict constructional federalist viewpoint, but in your simple thinking, you can lump it in with "conservative"

I remember the shooting at Orlando and the many Republicans who posted all over the Internet, things like: He didn't kill enough and next time, let's hope they get more.

Even as far back as Mitt Romney, we have some USMB Republicans insisting that Republicans didn't hate gays. When it became known Romney had a gay advisor, the advisor was drummed out of the campaign.

I think it's better that Republicans embrace their hatred rather than sending out a hypocritical double message.
I could ask: WHY are liberals such big hypocrites about animosity? They try to hide all that rancor and hate of theirs under the holier-than- thou guise of fighting hate. How ironic. Liberals act so conceited and self righteous, they are becoming a hate group. Absolutely intolerant jerks, but they want to "END HATE"? Who is kidding WHO here?
Hilarious. Liberals are white, black, brown, gay, straight, rich, poor, and so on.

Republicans are 90% white who hate everyone.

But the liberals are intolerant?
You are full of shit.

Are you implying that White people hate everyone?

M O R O N!

Gayism Has Always Been More Prevalent in the Aristocracy

They don't want to offend Blessed Virgin Mary Cheney and her turkey-baster Immaculate Conception.

They can't.

Your op starts with a false premise.

1. Marriage is not an unqualified right - not even for heterosexuals.

2 One does not have to "hate gays" in order to have a valid reason for opposing gay "marriage." I (for one) have no hatred of gays at all. However, I do have a lot of "hatred?" for the way in which the whole "gay marriage" thing has been forced onto States who did not want to expand their definitions of marriage.

1. Gays pride parades.
2. Saying that being gay is not just about sex and acting like it's all about sex.
3. Telling me I should support gay rights.

To be clear I don't hate gays. I hate what they do.

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

And here is a guy preaching hated, and stereotyping a whole body of random people with a broad brush of hatred, getting on here to post about THEM hating. Ha.
thats dean.....always has been since i have been here.........

Well hey you guys want open borders, and want to invite people in who will kill a gay in a heartbeat because they despise gays. They are neither the left nor the right it's their religion.
Who wants "open borders"?

Oh, I get it. You make sh!t up and then accuse people of believing in that sh!t so you think you have a leg to stand on.

Got it!
accuse people of believing in that sh!t
you do the same thing dean....you accuse ANYONE who doesnt agree with your far left views of being anti gay,hating minorities,wanting people to die,the list goes on....not every fucking righty falls into your world view of what you think a Republican/Conservative is like.........

1. Gays pride parades.
2. Saying that being gay is not just about sex and acting like it's all about sex.
3. Telling me I should support gay rights.

To be clear I don't hate gays. I hate what they do.

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
These Are Sick and Dangerous People All the Way Through

I hate not just what they do, but what they are. They are bitchy, childish, pushy, self-obsessed, and a threat to a healthy and stable society.

As a comparison, why do we outlaw sex with animals? We pen up and butcher those animals, so it's not that. The real reason bestiality is a crime is that it's a symptom of a sick and dangerous personality that will do even worse to humans.

I'm not a republican but any man who gets a sexual thrill out of shoving his dick into another guys asshole is definitely not someone on my "like" list and I'm sorry to hear that some people enjoy befriending people with this sick sexual mindset.

I also don't like that they preach "tolerance" but have no tolerance for someone who disagrees with their sick mindset. They also seem to shove their queerness down other people's throats. I should not be able to tell if you're gay or not. If I can, you're doing it for attention.

Do something worthwhile for attention, fags.

Last edited:
Yet another thread started with BS premises then argued as if those are true. I think that the left wing has run out of things to talk about so they just distort reality.
Three posts before yours a typical right winger says:

no mistake here. I DO hate their fuckin' guts

Yet another thread started with BS premises then argued as if those are true. I think that the left wing has run out of things to talk about so they just distort reality.

Are there people who say they hate gays, certainly.

Does that mean all conservatives or Republicans hate gays, no that would be ridiculous.

I don't recall seeing you at the last mind readers association convention. Were you hiding behind the ferns in the lobby again?

Does that mean all conservatives or Republicans hate gays, no that would be ridiculous.
Once you reach 99%, what's another 1%?

I don't recall seeing you at the last mind readers association convention. Were you hiding behind the ferns in the lobby again?
You don't have to mind read. Just read. Republicans aren't shy about posting their hate. They just don't like having it publicly acknowledged.

Once you reach 99%, what's another 1%?

Bullshit. Disagreeing with a lifestyle is not hate.

Forum List

Back