Why do the Koch brothers want to end public education?

No it really isnt. Sadly. Parents today want the schools to raise their kids too. Teach them to read, write, all of that also. Provide everything. Combine that with the downward stability of the american family and you have the recipe for disaster. If america doesnt get the family unit fixed you can FORGET high achieving students. Dont get me wrong, I believe all kids need to get a college education or technical training that way the jobs are alot higher paying. Tell the low paying job producers to get out. But I for one am not going to blame the teachers. I have two kids now in the job world both of who got top notch public educations. But then again they didnt grow up in a trashy AMERICAN city.

No it really isnt. Sadly. Parents today want the schools to raise their kids too. Teach them to read, write, all of that also. Provide everything. Combine that with the downward stability of the american family and you have the recipe for disaster. If america doesnt get the family unit fixed you can FORGET high achieving students. Dont get me wrong, I believe all kids need to get a college education or technical training that way the jobs are alot higher paying. Tell the low paying job producers to get out. But I for one am not going to blame the teachers. I have two kids now in the job world both of who got top notch public educations. But then again they didnt grow up in a trashy AMERICAN city.

Its fair to say some do. Just remember it was the left that championed the single parent household. It now stands at 40% of all births in the US.

QUITE AN ACHIEVEMENT.

Lovebears I commend your son for going into a profession where wages are stagnant and becoming wealthy is not a practical goal. But he can make the difference. My kids had several teachers who have made a difference. Good for him!

They can have the majority working so cheap they won't have to go offshore to find cheap labor.

Think they'll get away with it? I think they're screwed, thanks to the internet. Their secret games aren't so secret anymore.
They are getting away with it so far, with help from poor and middle class cons.

Why do the Koch brothers want to end public education?

For the same reason they’re opposed to most manifestations of the public sector: it conflicts with conservative dogma.

Per the dogma public education is a ‘disincentive’ to do better. The quality of one’s education – or whether one receives an education at all – should be predicated on one’s income.

And then there’s the inane canard that public education teaches ‘godless liberalism.’ It’s as if these people never got out of the 19th Century.

I too love the comparison of public education to "nazi indoctrination camps." My kids survived their education without being indoctrinated. Another extremist wacko position. They said the pledge every morning and were proud of it. Heck I could care less about the pledge.

Because they want our children to be well educated and not indoctrinated to social ideology.
We want our children to know how to spell and to read.

You may want YOUR children to know how to spell and read, but they don't want OUR(collectively) children to know how to spell and read.

Besides, yeah.... that's what we need... and entire generation as fucked up and heartless as you assholes.

education is what helped make this country great.

killing education will make us a third world country

Public education has failed the black community. The left has unanimously opposed any and all substantive reforms to the educations system. Here in Atlanta (Investigation into APS cheating finds unethical behavior across every level *| ajc.com) the public education system has robbed countless youths of a future. Ten minutes outside Atlanta, Clayton County lost its accreditation (Georgia's Clayton County Schools Lose Accreditation : NPR). Detroit has a 47% illiteracy rate (http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/10/c...ious-causes-of-detroits-high-illiteracy-rate/).

The United States is already on its way to becoming a third world country, and it isn't because of the Koch Brothers.

Entitlement parents....who pass it on to their kids.
And crappy teachers protected by corrupt unions.

Define a crappy teacher.
You actually need it defined?....Maybe you need to look back at your own education to figure out why you need it defined.

Your problem is, all you can say is it's the parents fault.......Yep, substandard teachers have nothing to do with it......Crappy teachers protected by unions have nothing to do with it........Nope, it's all on the parents........The falling high school graduation rates are the fault of the parents. Teachers hold no responsibility whatsoever.

So, there's no sense in defining it for you, you'll just shove your fingers in your ears......Even though there is statistiucal eveidence all over the web that show incomptetent teachers do share a large part of the blame, and it's not all on the parents.

Last edited:
And it isnt because the of teachers either. And the teachers in Georgia were under pressure to teach to the test and provide higher test scores on tests probably produced by the right wing extremists who want to destroy public education. You cant make chicken salad out of chicken blank. If you get a poor parts you make a poor product.

Public education has failed the black community. The left has unanimously opposed any and all substantive reforms to the educations system. Here in Atlanta (Investigation into APS cheating finds unethical behavior across every level *| ajc.com) the public education system has robbed countless youths of a future. Ten minutes outside Atlanta, Clayton County lost its accreditation (Georgia's Clayton County Schools Lose Accreditation : NPR). Detroit has a 47% illiteracy rate (Detroit | Functionally Illiterate | National Institute for Literacy | The Daily Caller).

The United States is already on its way to becoming a third world country, and it isn't because of the Koch Brothers.
Really, who do you think will benefit from an uneducated citizenry? It's corporations.

And it isnt because the of teachers either. And the teachers in Georgia were under pressure to teach to the test and provide higher test scores on tests probably produced by the right wing extremists who want to destroy public education. You cant make chicken salad out of chicken blank. If you get a poor parts you make a poor product.

Are you serious?

Public education routinely produces sub-par students in standardized tests, yet for some reason private schools are able to teach their student mandatory material AND have them perform on tests.

Yes, the tests are the problem. The teachers that cheated are victims. You are an idiot. :lol:

Public education has failed the black community. The left has unanimously opposed any and all substantive reforms to the educations system. Here in Atlanta (Investigation into APS cheating finds unethical behavior across every level *| ajc.com) the public education system has robbed countless youths of a future. Ten minutes outside Atlanta, Clayton County lost its accreditation (Georgia's Clayton County Schools Lose Accreditation : NPR). Detroit has a 47% illiteracy rate (Detroit | Functionally Illiterate | National Institute for Literacy | The Daily Caller).

Really, who do you think will benefit from an uneducated citizenry? It's corporations.

Focus. Do you have a point?

PROBABLY? That is damn pathetic. So your homies rather try to improve education took the easy way out and cheated for students.

I live in a blue state bud. My grandchildren attend the number one elementary school in the state. The reasons are clear why they are number one.

And crappy teachers protected by corrupt unions.

Define a crappy teacher.
You actually need it defined?....Maybe you need to look back at your own education to figure out why you need it defined.

Your problem is, all you can say is it's the parents fault.......Yep, substandard teachers have nothing to do with it......Crappy teachers protected by unions have nothing to do with it........Nope, it's all on the parents........The falling high school graduation rates are the fault of the parents. Teachers hold no responsibility whatsoever.

So, there's no sense in defining it for you, you'll just shove your fingers in your ears......Even though there is statistiucal eveidence all over the web that show incomptetent teachers do share a large part of the blame, and it's not all on the parents.

Yes, I want it defined. If we are going to get rid of crappy teachers, it needs to be defined.

Something you just showed you are unable to do. Color me surprised that you rant about something so much....and you CAN'T EVEN DEFINE IT!

:lol::lol::lol:

Define a crappy teacher.

Yes, I want it defined. If we are going to get rid of crappy teachers, it needs to be defined.

Something you just showed you are unable to do. Color me surprised that you rant about something so much....and you CAN'T EVEN DEFINE IT!

:lol::lol::lol:

Ineffective - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Are you serious?

Public education routinely produces sub-par students in standardized tests, yet for some reason private schools are able to teach their student mandatory material AND have them perform on tests.

Yes, the tests are the problem. The teachers that cheated are victims. You are an idiot. :lol:

Ours is the ONLY country that tests everyone on standardized tests and publishes the results for all...instead of just testing the higher levels and publishing only that.

We test special ed, non-english speakers, emotionally disturbed and throw that data in with everyone else's....and then we bitch about it.

Are you serious?

Our kids private school kicks the crap out of every public school in the area......The quality of education, and abilities of the teachers isn't even comparable.......Our teachers don't get summers off. They are required to attend classes on the subjects they teach. Are required to show their teaching ability, in real time, in front of the chancellor. They are required to have their daily lesson plans for the entire year submitted before the school year begins, too include all home work that will be assigned. That is then passed on to the parents, so the parents know exactly what the curriculum will be for the year.

Yes, there are many parents out there who share in the responsibility. But these lib's up here who try to claim that a high number of incompetent teachers don't also share in the resposibility, are friggin' idiots.

"Are you serious?

Yes, the tests are the problem. The teachers that cheated are victims. You are an idiot. "

You are comparing those who can afford to send their kids to private schools to those who cannot. So its a whole different clientel. Second, give me, a 74 year old has been, a group of upscale economically advantaged kids and I could teach as well as anyone in their school. I am not saying the teachers are victims. But to teach a bunch of kids who come from economically disadvantaged areas is a difficult task at best. Yes there are bad teachers. There are bad doctors. There are bad in every profession. So lets send all the behavioral and academically challenged kids to the private schools. Then if those test scores come down then its the teachers fault correct? Secondly, if we are going to look at standardized tests, then if I were a teacher I would DEMAND to know every single problem on the test. Then I could spend the whole time teaching to the test. Anything less is setting me and the students up to failure. Third, be very very careful who you call idiot.

Forum List

Back