Why do Republicans Over-Exaggerate The Threat From Radical Islam

How does it change the tone of the thread? Can you explain the difference between radical Islam and moderate Muslims that support suicide bombings of civilian targets?

That's the problem with you people...you really find no distinction between "Radical Islam" and "Muslims"....except when you want to pretend like you do, like some have been in this thread.

I really meant to replace "Radical Islam" with "Muslims" when I first posted the thread, its a clear answer to the other one by that Rabid RW reactionary poster on USMB, and I forgot to change all the words when I cut and paste.

You've got it bass ackwards.

The real problem is you people who find no distinction btwn the two. You're slip is showing in full view thanks to your unwittingly posting the truth as you see it and you're still trying to hide it.

Just read the thread, the people who view all muslims as a threat or something we need to be "cautious" about come right out and say it themselves, no false accusations necessary.

Most islamophobes i've seen on this board are proud of their bigotry.

How does it change the tone of the thread? Can you explain the difference between radical Islam and moderate Muslims that support suicide bombings of civilian targets?

That's the problem with you people...you really find no distinction between "Radical Islam" and "Muslims"....except when you want to pretend like you do, like some have been in this thread.

I really meant to replace "Radical Islam" with "Muslims" when I first posted the thread, its a clear answer to the other one by that Rabid RW reactionary poster on USMB, and I forgot to change all the words when I cut and paste.

It seems to me that the problem is that you don't see a difference between Radical Islam and muslims. Or you wouldnt be trying to change your question now that you've looked like a fool over the original one.

Assumptions, accusations and lies.

First one to call racist loses.

Better luck next time loser. Try getting an education outside the class room. I promise, if anything bad happens to you, the conservatives of this country will trounce the crap out of it while your fellow libs tell us what meanies we are for standing by you.

My apologies, would you like US taxpayers equally spent investigating christianity, islam, hinduism, buddhism, atheism etc?

If yes, then I agree I was wrong.

Read post #1, a clear and obvious way to tell I'm not a liberal. I can assure you that you agree with Obama on a hell of a lot more than I do.

Show me a body count.

If any of those religions are going out and killing people, they should most certainly be checked out.

The last thing I would want is to have people going to church with my daughter that plan on killing people that don't attend the same kind of church.

A better measurement would be % of deaths.

You can include 9/11, give me the % of american homicides in the last 50 years or so that the killer executed in the name of islam, then give me the % done in the name of christianity/hinduism/atheism/etc.

The US gov't wastes a lot of money on a lot of dumb shit, a bigotry-based witch hunt would be the dumbest of all time.

Is it becuase they don't distingush between Radicals and Moderate Mulsims? To them it's all the same evil moon worshipping cult.

The long and short of it is..Conservatives..no matter what their stripe..need enemies.

And liberals, having no standards or values have nothing but temporary allies with out regard the cost, ends justify the means.

Your confusing openess to new ideas with not having standards. Liberals are not lockstep. The "If it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality is squarely in the laps of conservatism. That's why very little innovation comes out of the conservative community. Time and time again I like to point to the Demmings Cycle to help conservatives understand this mindset:

Plan - Fomulate a plan.
Do - Implement the plan.
Check - Check for faults or deficiencies.
Act - Act to correct them.

I know this is a difficult concept. But that's how things work outside in the fresh air.

Before one needs to formulate a plan one should observe and be vigilant if a problem is detected or a defect detected, then one aught set about finding a solution.

You see no threat
Others see things differently

"Maybe I did well and maybe I led the battle but nobody ever said we were going to win this thing at any point in time. Eternal vigilance is required and there have to be people who step up to the plate, who believe in liberty, and who are willing to fight for it." -- Milton Friedman

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

"But you must remember, my fellow-citizens, that eternal vigilance by the people is the price of liberty,, and that you must pay the price if you wish to secure the blessing. It behooves you, therefore, to be watchful in your States as well as in the Federal Government." -- Andrew Jackson,

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/163452-muslim-brotherhood-hearing.html

U.S. government has no strategy to deal with Muslim Brotherhood - Washington Times

The federal government has no strategy to counter the Muslim Brotherhood at home or abroad, according to the chairwoman of the House panel that oversees counterintelligence and terrorism.

“The federal government does not have a comprehensive or consistent strategy for dealing with the Muslim Brotherhood and its affiliated groups in America,” Rep. Sue Wilkins Myrick said during a hearing Wednesday. “Nor does it have a strategy for dealing with the Brotherhood in Egypt or the greater Middle East.”

The North Carolina Republican is chairwoman of the House Intelligence subcommittee on terrorism, human intelligence, analysis and counterintelligence. Mrs. Myrick said at the hearing that she planned on scheduling closed classified hearings on the Muslim Brotherhood this session with government officials.

Established in 1928 in Cairo, the Muslim Brotherhood is widely considered the first organization to push for political Islam or Islamism, a movement that seeks to replace civil law with Islamic or Shariah law.

http://www.wcfia.harvard.edu/olin/images/Management of Savagery - 05-23-2006.pdf

My apologies, would you like US taxpayers equally spent investigating christianity, islam, hinduism, buddhism, atheism etc?

Read post #1, a clear and obvious way to tell I'm not a liberal. I can assure you that you agree with Obama on a hell of a lot more than I do.

Show me a body count.

If any of those religions are going out and killing people, they should most certainly be checked out.

The last thing I would want is to have people going to church with my daughter that plan on killing people that don't attend the same kind of church.

You can include 9/11, give me the % of american homicides in the last 50 years or so that the killer executed in the name of islam, then give me the % done in the name of christianity/hinduism/atheism/etc.

The US gov't wastes a lot of money on a lot of dumb shit, a bigotry-based witch hunt would be the dumbest of all time.

The most ridiculous thing I've seen is to compare Islam to Christianity.

The gospel does not advocate the slaughter of innocents. Nor does it advocate for oppression.

The koran does.

There are no Christian suicide bombers. There are no hordes of Christian butchers sweeping through poor villages, raping, burning, killing (Darfur). Christians do not issue fatwas or support the families of those who are killed while targeting innocents. You will not see Christians on tv chopping off the heads of random non-Christians.

Christians do not kill in the name of Christianity. Unlike Muslims, who do kill in the name of Islam. Allah Akbar is frequently the last thing the victims of Islam hear.

It is trivializing the threat of Islam (and patently dishonest) to pretend that Christianity is "just as bad" as Islam, because the implication is that Islam therefore is no more of a threat to the safety and freedom of people than Christianity. And that isn't true.

"Victims have been rounded up during joint attacks on villages by the Arabic-speaking Janjaweed and the Sudanese Armed Forces, according to the study.
Civilians are also tortured and killed while their villages are razed to ethnically cleanse areas, which are then repopulated with Arabic-speaking people, including nomads from Chad, Niger, Mali and Cameroon, it says.

start_quote_rb.gif
They were kept telling
us that we are not
human beings and we
are here to serve them
end_quote_rb.gif

Testimony from unnamed boy

Most of the abductees are women and girls, but there is new evidence in Darfur of kidnappers targeting men and boys for forced agricultural labour, says the report.
The abducted women and girls, meanwhile, are raped and forced to marry their captors as well as carry out household chores and sometimes cultivate crops, according to the study.
'Told to serve'
The report includes the testimony of children forced to become domestic workers.
One boy said he had suffered regular beatings from his Janjaweed abductors.

child_baby_refugee.jpe
Kidnapped children are being made domestic slaves, says the study
"They were treating me and the other boys very badly, they kept telling us that we are not human beings and we are here to serve them, I also worked on their farms," he said.

Darfur Sudan  Photos, images and arial views of destruction — Sudan army and militia Janjawee, Jingaweit, Janjaweed attacks Darfur towns      The WE News Archives    

"
The Hadith teaches:
Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

This hadithic teaching stipulates Jews, but also Christians and Pagans are noted as enemies of Islam and Muslims, and even mothers and children are to be killed in forcing Islam upon non-Muslims:
Bukhari (52:256) - The Prophet... was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them (i.e. pagans)."
Murdering innocent women and children as a part of ‘spreading Islam’ is fully taught by the founder of Islam: for the ‘good and faithful’ Muslim, there are no non-Muslim innocents; all are acceptable targets."

Why do the followers of Islam hate, torture, oppress, and murder non-Muslims? - Casper Christianity | Examiner.com

Show me a body count.

The gospel does not advocate the slaughter of innocents. Nor does it advocate for oppression.

The koran does.

There are no Christian suicide bombers. There are no hordes of Christian butchers sweeping through poor villages, raping, burning, killing (Darfur). Christians do not issue fatwas or support the families of those who are killed while targeting innocents. You will not see Christians on tv chopping off the heads of random non-Christians.

Christians do not kill in the name of Christianity. Unlike Muslims, who do kill in the name of Islam. Allah Akbar is frequently the last thing the victims of Islam hear.

It is trivializing the threat of Islam (and patently dishonest) to pretend that Christianity is "just as bad" as Islam, because the implication is that Islam therefore is no more of a threat to the safety and freedom of people than Christianity. And that isn't true.

"Victims have been rounded up during joint attacks on villages by the Arabic-speaking Janjaweed and the Sudanese Armed Forces, according to the study.
Civilians are also tortured and killed while their villages are razed to ethnically cleanse areas, which are then repopulated with Arabic-speaking people, including nomads from Chad, Niger, Mali and Cameroon, it says.

start_quote_rb.gif
They were kept telling
us that we are not
human beings and we
are here to serve them
end_quote_rb.gif

Most of the abductees are women and girls, but there is new evidence in Darfur of kidnappers targeting men and boys for forced agricultural labour, says the report.
The abducted women and girls, meanwhile, are raped and forced to marry their captors as well as carry out household chores and sometimes cultivate crops, according to the study.
'Told to serve'
The report includes the testimony of children forced to become domestic workers.

child_baby_refugee.jpe
"They were treating me and the other boys very badly, they kept telling us that we are not human beings and we are here to serve them, I also worked on their farms," he said.

**Darfur Sudan**Photos, images and arial views of destruction*— Sudan army and militia Janjawee, Jingaweit, Janjaweed attacks Darfur towns******The WE News Archives****

Allie I don't mind you saying what you do, it's your opinion, but when you quote me please respond to what I say.

I'm not saying anything bad about christianity, you think I am because you're bigotted towards islam. I'm not bigotted towards either, my point is that neither religion has a pattern of being responsible for american homicides.

People do horrible, immoral shit because they're people. If islam vanished tomorrow the human race wouldn't all of a sudden become more moral.

(and btw, yes the Bible does advocate for the slaughtering of innocents and even gives examples of your God slaughtering innocents and speaks of these actions glowingly.)

"This fact is: Islam is grossly offended/oppressed by any un-Islamic moves of the infidels/not-so-good Muslims (like the Islamic Paradises I just listed). This is simply because these Islamists audaciously believe that Islam is the only religion into which each and every person on this planet must be subjected to by hook or by crook-using terror, force and slaughter, if need be. They have the Qur'an solidly backing them up. This is the major theme of the Qur'an. This belief, for instance, was eloquently supported by the cleric Abdul Nacer Benbrika in an interview with ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) in November 2005. The spiritual leader of the Victorian terror cell, Benbrika made the following statement: "I am telling you that my religion doesn't tolerate other religion. It doesn't tolerate. The only one law which needs to be spread, it can be here or anywhere else has to be Islam."

The 'Oppression' of Islam

Show me a body count.

Gimme a damn break.

Keep your word

Show me a body count.

Gimme a damn break.

Keep your word

What's my word? I asked for a basic representation of why the Us gov't should be "cautious" as you put it towards muslims. I would think a basic study of american homicides caused by this over a wide range of time would be a good indication as to whether or not this is necessary. Wouldn't you?

The koran does.

start_quote_rb.gif
They were kept telling
us that we are not
human beings and we
are here to serve them
end_quote_rb.gif

'Told to serve'

child_baby_refugee.jpe

**Darfur Sudan**Photos, images and arial views of destruction*— Sudan army and militia Janjawee, Jingaweit, Janjaweed attacks Darfur towns******The WE News Archives****

Allie I don't mind you saying what you do, it's your opinion, but when you quote me please respond to what I say.

I'm not saying anything bad about christianity, you think I am because you're bigotted towards islam. I'm not bigotted towards either, my point is that neither religion has a pattern of being responsible for american homicides.

People do horrible, immoral shit because they're people. If islam vanished tomorrow the human race wouldn't all of a sudden become more moral.

(and btw, yes the Bible does advocate for the slaughtering of innocents and even gives examples of your God slaughtering innocents and speaks of these actions glowingly.)

The bible. NOT the gospel, and Christians adhere to the Gospel as the fulfillment of prophesy from the OT. The Gospel provided us salvation without the need of deed-driven righteousness.

I don't buy the subjective concept that everyone is equally bad; that all religion is bad. When you can point specifically to Islam and look on a map and see that where the most strife, the most oppression, the most poverty and butchery take place in countries where Islam has a foothold, and you can trace those horrific acts and practices straight to Muslims, then I think it's time to appreciate there's a problem with Islam and it needs to be recognized and addressed.

The numbers don't compare; even the stupid Crusades which is the most recent example of Chrsitian oppression that anyone can come up with, resulted in a miniscule number of deaths. They were in fact undertaken in RESPONSE to Islam threat.

Salem witch trials...what, less than a hundred people killed. Spanish Inquisition, a drop in the bucket. And short lived as well. Because the Christian majority will not tolerate that sort of barbarity for very long.

Not so with Islam. It is tolerant of and encourages the oppression and murder of infidels and in fact their own women and children.

So while a separate discussion could be the problematic incidents that have occurred ostensibly in the name of Christianity, it's dishonest and ridiculous to pretend that Christianity has ever perpetrated wholesale slaughter on the world on anything like the scale of Islam.

The koran does.

start_quote_rb.gif
They were kept telling
us that we are not
human beings and we
are here to serve them
end_quote_rb.gif

'Told to serve'

child_baby_refugee.jpe

The bible. NOT the gospel, and Christians adhere to the Gospel as the fulfillment of prophesy from the OT. The Gospel provided us salvation without the need of deed-driven righteousness.

I don't buy the subjective concept that everyone is equally bad; that all religion is bad. When you can point specifically to Islam and look on a map and see that where the most strife, the most oppression, the most poverty and butchery take place in countries where Islam has a foothold, and you can trace those horrific acts and practices straight to Muslims, then I think it's time to appreciate there's a problem with Islam and it needs to be recognized and addressed.

The numbers don't compare; even the stupid Crusades which is the most recent example of Chrsitian oppression that anyone can come up with, resulted in a miniscule number of deaths. They were in fact undertaken in RESPONSE to Islam threat.

Salem witch trials...what, less than a hundred people killed. Spanish Inquisition, a drop in the bucket. And short lived as well. Because the Christian majority will not tolerate that sort of barbarity for very long.

Not so with Islam. It is tolerant of and encourages the oppression and murder of infidels and in fact their own women and children.

So while a separate discussion could be the problematic incidents that have occurred ostensibly in the name of Christianity, it's dishonest and ridiculous to pretend that Christianity has ever perpetrated wholesale slaughter on the world on anything like the scale of Islam.

The moment christians stop taking creationism seriously, i'll stop taking the old testament seriously.

I couldn't care less about debating history, someone could just as easily take the side opposite of yours. You're motivated to excuse the actions of christians and denounce the actions of muslims, hence your positions. If people stopped killing for religious reasons the same amount of killing would continue under a different excuse. It's human nature.

I'm saying based on american history recent and distant, there's zero reason for americans to be concerned with anyone killing them in the name of any religion.

What actions am I excusing, and please explain how this has anything to do with the very real threat of Islam?

Where in the world are people today being oppressed and butchered by groups of Christians shouting "Christ is King! Off with your head!" "Love Jesus, rape a black woman!" etc.?

Do all muslims, radical or not, read the same book? Do all muslims, radical or not, worship Allah? Are the number of Islamic faith based organizations and their numbers growing here in the US? Will majority rule be in effect if and when that number exceeds other established religions?

If any of these answers are yes...then there is a point for concern.

But that's just my opinion

What actions am I excusing, and please explain how this has anything to do with the very real threat of Islam?

Where in the world are people today being oppressed and butchered by groups of Christians shouting "Christ is King! Off with your head!" "Love Jesus, rape a black woman!" etc.?

You're excusing the crusades, and it has nothing to do with radical islam that's why I didn't bring it up, you did.

Couldn't tell you, it's nothing I'm concerned with. Look at our ports/borders, you REALLY think government is concerned about people coming here and taking over or mass killing?

The moment christians stop taking creationism seriously, i'll stop taking the old testament seriously.

I couldn't care less about debating history, someone could just as easily take the side opposite of yours. You're motivated to excuse the actions of christians and denounce the actions of muslims, hence your positions. If people stopped killing for religious reasons the same amount of killing would continue under a different excuse. It's human nature.

I'm saying based on american history recent and distant, there's zero reason for americans to be concerned with anyone killing them in the name of any religion.

That is really spectacularly ignorant.

Please call the families of these people today and let them in on your insightful message:

"Medical charity: 6 Americans among 10 killed by militants in remote area of N Afghanistan"

KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
SNIPPET: "KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Six Americans and two other foreigners on a medical mission were shot and killed by the Taliban who ambushed their vehicles in a remote part of northern Afghanistan, a charity said Saturday. Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid told The Associated Press in Pakistan that they killed the foreigners because they were "spying for the Americans" and "preaching Christianity.""
Charity: 6 Americans on medical team among 10 killed by militants in remote Afghanistan

"The Mass began at 5:00. A 5 h15 we were praying, and suddenly the Muslim terrorists broke into the church. There was no resistance. They are easily entered into the church. I do not know their exact number. I was with my sister and my brother Odai martyr martyr and her little boy, Adam, and Martha and her daughter and everyone around us."
“I am Michelle, one of the hostages held by Muslim terrorists in the Baghdad church massacre’ « Bare Naked Islam

You're excusing the crusades, and it has nothing to do with radical islam that's why I didn't bring it up, you did.

Couldn't tell you, it's nothing I'm concerned with. Look at our ports/borders, you REALLY think government is concerned about people coming here and taking over or mass killing?

I pointed out that the crusades are always brought up as some sort of justification for the wide-spread butchery Islam has undertaken in the thousand years since, and they two don't compare.

I don't care what the government is concerned about. I am concerned about Islam, and justifiably. I get sick of limp wristed apologetics insisting that the people who are being targeted are the problem.

That is really spectacularly ignorant.

Please call the families of these people today and let them in on your insightful message:

"Medical charity: 6 Americans among 10 killed by militants in remote area of N Afghanistan"

KABUL, AFGHANISTAN
SNIPPET: "KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Six Americans and two other foreigners on a medical mission were shot and killed by the Taliban who ambushed their vehicles in a remote part of northern Afghanistan, a charity said Saturday. Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid told The Associated Press in Pakistan that they killed the foreigners because they were "spying for the Americans" and "preaching Christianity.""
Charity: 6 Americans on medical team among 10 killed by militants in remote Afghanistan

"The Mass began at 5:00. A 5 h15 we were praying, and suddenly the Muslim terrorists broke into the church. There was no resistance. They are easily entered into the church. I do not know their exact number. I was with my sister and my brother Odai martyr martyr and her little boy, Adam, and Martha and her daughter and everyone around us."
“I am Michelle, one of the hostages held by Muslim terrorists in the Baghdad church massacre’ « Bare Naked Islam

Ok my apologies, I should've specified "americans in war-torn afghanistan are at threat to be killed by afghans."

You are correct.

I do not see the difference between people who blow themselves up to kill civilians and the people who think that doing so is justified. Can you explain the difference?

Why aren't you answering my questions about Islam and slavery? Does it bother you that Islam is inherently racist?

Forum List

Back