Why do Republicans Over-Exaggerate The Threat From Radical Islam

There will, I repeat there will NOT nor will there ever be Sharia Law in this country.

Why must the Republicans act like rabid fools and pretend that that's the threat that America is facing?

Is the the far right wing fringe reactionary in you or is it something else?

Help me out here...I'm trying to understand.
Understand this, clinton and the dimwits underestimated radical islam and the result was 9-11. When you have a evil cult like islam that wants to destroy th US you can't ignore them.

That happened 8 months..well almost a year after Clinton left office and Bush was starting shit with the Chinese and Russians.

There will, I repeat there will NOT nor will there ever be Sharia Law in this country.

Why must the Republicans act like rabid fools and pretend that that's the threat that America is facing?

[EDIT] I meant to say "Muslims" not "Radical Islam". It changes the tone of the thread quite significantly.

Your Premise is false Marc. Ask Any Muslim. You need to get your facts straight. The Goal is to Spread Sharia Law Throughout the whole World. To deny that is to deny Islam Marc, there is no way around it. Whether the goal is attainable or not remains to be seen, the issue here that you remain in denial about is Intent.

[EDIT] I meant to say "Muslims" not "Radical Islam". It changes the tone of the thread quite significantly.

Your Premise is false Marc. Ask Any Muslim. You need to get your facts straight. The Goal is to Spread Sharia Law Throughout the whole World. To deny that is to deny Islam Marc, there is no way around it. Whether the goal is attainable or not remains to be seen, the issue here that you remain in denial about is Intent.
Dont you understand , it will take a long time, so it is nothing to worry about.

Understand this, clinton and the dimwits underestimated radical islam and the result was 9-11. When you have a evil cult like islam that wants to destroy th US you can't ignore them.

That happened 8 months..well almost a year after Clinton left office and Bush was starting shit with the Chinese and Russians.

So if they had succeeded with more mass damage in the first 1993 bombings (while Clinton was in office) of the WTC what would your conclusion have been?

Since we hear from so many critics who either don't take the time to read this site, or simply can't understand the distinction between Islam and Muslims, we thought it best to bring together in one place what we have said in so many others over the years.

Islam is an ideology. No ideology is above critique, particularly one that explicitly seeks political and social dominance over every person on the planet.

Muslims are individuals. We passionately believe that no Muslim should be harmed, harassed, stereotyped or treated any differently anywhere in the world solely on account of their status as a Muslim.

As an ideology, Islam is not entitled to equal respect and acceptance, because ideas do not carry equal moral weight. In fact, it is not simply a belief about God. It is a word that means submission. Islam is inseparable from a set of rules that establish a social hierarchy in which Muslims submit to Allah, women submit to men and all non-Muslims submit to Islamic rule.

Since we don't live in a Muslim country - where censorship, intimidation and brute force are shamelessly employed to protect Islam from intellectual analysis - we are still free to openly exercise our right to debate the merits of the Islamic value system against Western Liberalism.

Are men really superior to women as the Qur'an says? Are women intellectually inferior as Muhammad taught? Does propagating material (the Qur'an) that openly curses people of other religions amidst random calls to violence really make for a better social environment? Is it right to keep women as sex slaves merely because the Qur'an explicitly allows it in multiple places? Should atheists and homosexuals have to choose between the noose and an outward profession of faith in Allah?

Yes, there are Muslims who take issue with these aspects of Islamic theology, but it doesn't change what Islam is. Don't confuse the ideology with the individual. Don't draw conclusions about Islam based on the Muslims that you know, be they terrorists or humanitarians. Islam must be understood on the basis of what it is, as presented objectively in the Qur'an, Hadith and Sira (biography of Muhammad).

By the same token, don't draw conclusions about the Muslims in your life based on the true nature of Islam. Like any other group, not all Muslims think alike. Even if there is no such thing as moderate Islam, it does not mean that there are no moderate Muslims.

TheReligionofPeace - Our Statement on Muslims

The long and short of it is..Conservatives..no matter what their stripe..need enemies.

And liberals, having no standards or values have nothing but temporary allies with out regard the cost, ends justify the means.

Your confusing openess to new ideas with not having standards. Liberals are not lockstep. The "If it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality is squarely in the laps of conservatism. That's why very little innovation comes out of the conservative community. Time and time again I like to point to the Demmings Cycle to help conservatives understand this mindset:

Plan - Fomulate a plan.
Do - Implement the plan.
Check - Check for faults or deficiencies.
Act - Act to correct them.

I know this is a difficult concept. But that's how things work outside in the fresh air.

CaféAuLait;3534586 said:

So if they had succeeded with more mass damage in the first 1993 bombings (while Clinton was in office) of the WTC what would your conclusion have been?

The same conclusion I held when it happened. Security protocols were extremely weak at the WTC and at the points of entry into this country. Being an avid traveler I was shocked by how much more advanced the Europeans..and even third world countries were in this regard.

Since we hear from so many critics who either don't take the time to read this site, or simply can't understand the distinction between Islam and Muslims, we thought it best to bring together in one place what we have said in so many others over the years.

Islam is an ideology. No ideology is above critique, particularly one that explicitly seeks political and social dominance over every person on the planet.

Muslims are individuals. We passionately believe that no Muslim should be harmed, harassed, stereotyped or treated any differently anywhere in the world solely on account of their status as a Muslim.

As an ideology, Islam is not entitled to equal respect and acceptance, because ideas do not carry equal moral weight. In fact, it is not simply a belief about God. It is a word that means submission. Islam is inseparable from a set of rules that establish a social hierarchy in which Muslims submit to Allah, women submit to men and all non-Muslims submit to Islamic rule.

Since we don't live in a Muslim country - where censorship, intimidation and brute force are shamelessly employed to protect Islam from intellectual analysis - we are still free to openly exercise our right to debate the merits of the Islamic value system against Western Liberalism.

Are men really superior to women as the Qur'an says? Are women intellectually inferior as Muhammad taught? Does propagating material (the Qur'an) that openly curses people of other religions amidst random calls to violence really make for a better social environment? Is it right to keep women as sex slaves merely because the Qur'an explicitly allows it in multiple places? Should atheists and homosexuals have to choose between the noose and an outward profession of faith in Allah?

Yes, there are Muslims who take issue with these aspects of Islamic theology, but it doesn't change what Islam is. Don't confuse the ideology with the individual. Don't draw conclusions about Islam based on the Muslims that you know, be they terrorists or humanitarians. Islam must be understood on the basis of what it is, as presented objectively in the Qur'an, Hadith and Sira (biography of Muhammad).

By the same token, don't draw conclusions about the Muslims in your life based on the true nature of Islam. Like any other group, not all Muslims think alike. Even if there is no such thing as moderate Islam, it does not mean that there are no moderate Muslims.

TheReligionofPeace - Our Statement on Muslims

Wow.

I feel the exact same way about Christians. Especially after listening to the likes of Pat Robertson, Ralph Reed, and Jerry Falwell. The whole Christian Coalition thing came to a head on George W. Bush where he very nearly brought a theocracy into this country.

So in a way..it was great he failed so miserably.

Because the vast majority of righties (although not all) are incapable of critical/analytical thinking....they aim for the lowest common denominator and usually hit a bulls eye..

The Red Menace is gone.....Russia is a democracy and China and Viet Nam are our trade partners

If the Republicans can no longer make you fear the Communists they have to use Muslims and Mexicans in their place

If the Republicans can no longer make you fear the Communists they have to use Muslims and Mexicans in their place

Most Muslims want to kills us at any opportunity.Mexicans are coming into the country illegally,killing people in the middle of the night as they sleep.They are draining our resources as they flood our health care system.When our Governors try to take steps to slow them down some our little community organizer in chief sics the Attorney General on
them and files suit.

What was that you mentioned about fear....I think it has it's merit. :eek:

There you have it....the unstated position of the right wing

1. "Most Muslims want to kill us
2. Mexicans come to the country and kill people in their sleep

Mexicans are coming into the country illegally,killing people in the middle of the night as they sleep.

really?......i have lived around these people for a hell of a long time now and i have never heard of this......got a link to this.....or is this just more fear and mongering bullshit?...

Most Muslims want to kills us at any opportunity.Mexicans are coming into the country illegally,killing people in the middle of the night as they sleep.They are draining our resources as they flood our health care system.When our Governors try to take steps to slow them down some our little community organizer in chief sics the Attorney General on
them and files suit.

What was that you mentioned about fear....I think it has it's merit. :eek:

There you have it....the unstated position of the right wing

1. "Most Muslims want to kill us
2. Mexicans come to the country and kill people in their sleep

Well said. There was another post in this thread that said there were 100 million muslims who were a potential threat to america.

Personally I don't know how these people can type sentences while shaking and shivering so violently. If I thought there were +100 million who wanted me dead I'd sure be scared.

However luckily I was blessed with common sense, so this is never a concern.

Rattle MarcATL: Why do Republicans Over-Exaggerate The Threat From Radical Islam ?

OK.....is this whackjob a total idiot, or what ???????

How does it change the tone of the thread? Can you explain the difference between radical Islam and moderate Muslims that support suicide bombings of civilian targets?

That's the problem with you people...you really find no distinction between "Radical Islam" and "Muslims"....except when you want to pretend like you do, like some have been in this thread.

I really meant to replace "Radical Islam" with "Muslims" when I first posted the thread, its a clear answer to the other one by that Rabid RW reactionary poster on USMB, and I forgot to change all the words when I cut and paste.

How does it change the tone of the thread? Can you explain the difference between radical Islam and moderate Muslims that support suicide bombings of civilian targets?

That's the problem with you people...you really find no distinction between "Radical Islam" and "Muslims"....except when you want to pretend like you do, like some have been in this thread.

I really meant to replace "Radical Islam" with "Muslims" when I first posted the thread, its a clear answer to the other one by that Rabid RW reactionary poster on USMB, and I forgot to change all the words when I cut and paste.

You've got it bass ackwards.

The real problem is you people who find no distinction btwn the two. You're slip is showing in full view thanks to your unwittingly posting the truth as you see it and you're still trying to hide it.

Forum List

Back