Why do Republicans Over-Exaggerate The Threat From Radical Islam

There will, I repeat there will NOT nor will there ever be Sharia Law in this country.

Why must the Republicans act like rabid fools and pretend that that's the threat that America is facing?

Is the the far right wing fringe reactionary in you or is it something else?

Help me out here...I'm trying to understand.

[EDIT] I meant to say "Muslims" not "Radical Islam". It changes the tone of the thread quite significantly.
Another liberal head planted firmly in the desert silica.

9/11

Any more dumb questions?

Judge billions on the act of dozens.

Any more dumb assumptions?
Ya walked right into the trap..
Here we go...
Ok, since the 9-11 terror attacks to date there has been NO Muslim cleric, no Muslim leader, no Muslim group now up swell of unconditional condemnation of the attacks nor ongoing Islamist terrorism.
Why is it that if such a small percentage of Muslims strike such fear into the mainstream that the majority are silent?
The only logical conclusion is that while I believe a great majority of those who celebrate the Muslim faith abhor terrorism, their inaction indicates complicity.

Judge billions on the act of dozens.

Any more dumb assumptions?

The question was about "Radical Islam"

fail

move along child

Right, that's why republicans had no problem when law abiding muslims wanted to open a mosque in New York.

Problem is most of you people view all muslims as radical, look at your pal AmericanFirst on this very thread proving me right.

That mosque location is insensitive and highly inappropriate. Those who are developing it are doing it to slap the 9-11 victims in the face. NYC is a very large city covering five counties. SO why there? Why in the shadows of the former World Trade Center?

The Red Menace is gone.....Russia is a democracy and China and Viet Nam are our trade partners

If the Republicans can no longer make you fear the Communists they have to use Muslims and Mexicans in their place

I have come to realize you are nothing more than a talking point. I also believe that posting on boards is a job or a volunteer job for you. Only fringe white Republican haters really give a shit about what you say, or mimic rather.

I own you
and you are for rent....by the hour..

I hardly think acknowledging the threat radical Islam is to our nation is over-exagerating it.

Nor do I ever think it's wise to say something can "never" happen. Experience tells me that when people start saying bad things can "never" happen, life answers by making it happen.

What about when people start saying this will happen unless we break the Constitution to stop it from happening?

You are a hack.

She's the one who said Kyl (R) was a model citizen for admitting that he lied about Planned Parernthood LOLOL

There will, I repeat there will NOT nor will there ever be Sharia Law in this country.

Why must the Republicans act like rabid fools and pretend that that's the threat that America is facing?

[EDIT] I meant to say "Muslims" not "Radical Islam". It changes the tone of the thread quite significantly.

I suspect there are a number of reasons. I would guess the main reason has to do with the authoritarian personalities typical of so many of today's conservatives. Authoritarian personalities are typified by hostility toward other groups, a tendency to bully those who are perceived as being inferior and a tendency to display prejudice and hostility toward all variety of minorities, not just racial ones.

In line with these character traits would also be the fact that much can be accomplished politically for the right wing if the population is afraid of a perceived threat. Laws can be put into effect that would not be tolerated without the "threat" to the country used to justify the enactment of such laws. In earlier decades, it was communism. We all know what followed 9/11. Now, apparently, Muslims are the bogey men du jour.

I hardly think acknowledging the threat radical Islam is to our nation is over-exagerating it.

Nor do I ever think it's wise to say something can "never" happen. Experience tells me that when people start saying bad things can "never" happen, life answers by making it happen.

What about when people start saying this will happen unless we break the Constitution to stop it from happening?

You are a hack.

She's the one who said Kyl (R) was a model citizen for admitting that he lied about Planned Parernthood LOLOL

So you're lying now too?

Am I the only one tired of it?

The question was about "Radical Islam"

fail

move along child

Right, that's why republicans had no problem when law abiding muslims wanted to open a mosque in New York.

Problem is most of you people view all muslims as radical, look at your pal AmericanFirst on this very thread proving me right.

I stayed on subject, you didn't.

Anti-Defamation League opposes NYC mosque - UPI.com

Is the Anti-Defamation League a bunch of radical righties?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Marine barracks
USS Cole

A Jewish organization opposing something Islamic? Shocking!

I suspect there are a number of reasons. I would guess the main reason has to do with the authoritarian personalities typical of so many of today's conservatives. Authoritarian personalities are typified by hostility toward other groups, a tendency to bully those who are perceived as being inferior and a tendency to display prejudice and hostility toward all variety of minorities, not just racial ones.

In line with these character traits would also be the fact that much can be accomplished politically for the right wing if the population is afraid of a perceived threat. Laws can be put into effect that would not be tolerated without the "threat" to the country used to justify the enactment of such laws. In earlier decades, it was communism. We all know what followed 9/11. Now, apparently, Muslims are the bogey men du jour.

Authoritarian personalities typical of conservatives? You're not serious are you?

What part of stop spending our money & regulating every aspect of our life is authoritarian exactly?

What part of do for yourself rather than rely on others is authoritarian?

Seriously, what part of self-government is authoritarian?

This is what happens when you ask bigots to give a logical explanation for why they're bigotted.

"I'm going to make an assumption about 2 billion people based on the actions of .0000005% of them."

Complete and utter insanity.

What do the actions of a billion people have to do with what is in the Koran and the Hadiths?

Do all Buddhists reach nirvana as is taught by their faith?

Do all Christians become saints?

The shaheed (martyr) is the highest of high in Islam in the eyes of Allah. Just because not all Muslims are mujahedeen does not change the fact that jihad is an intrinsic part of the religion.

Miss this?
Or just not part of your agenda MarcATL?

Ok, since the 9-11 terror attacks to date there has been NO Muslim cleric, no Muslim leader, no Muslim group now up swell of unconditional condemnation of the attacks nor ongoing Islamist terrorism.

Eh?

Statements Against Terror

An influential Muslim scholar has issued a global ruling against terrorism and suicide bombing.

Dr Tahir ul-Qadri, from Pakistan, says his 600-page judgement, known as a fatwa, completely dismantles al-Qaeda's violent ideology.

The scholar describes al-Qaeda as an "old evil with a new name" that has not been sufficiently challenged...

BBC News - Islamic scholar Tahir ul-Qadri issues terrorism fatwa

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW_AoEUwFZA]YouTube - Islamic Scholars Issue Fatwa Against Terrorism[/ame]

etc, etc, etc.

How does that explain me? Do you think I have an authoritarian personality?

Eh?

Statements Against Terror

An influential Muslim scholar has issued a global ruling against terrorism and suicide bombing.

Dr Tahir ul-Qadri, from Pakistan, says his 600-page judgement, known as a fatwa, completely dismantles al-Qaeda's violent ideology.

The scholar describes al-Qaeda as an "old evil with a new name" that has not been sufficiently challenged...

BBC News - Islamic scholar Tahir ul-Qadri issues terrorism fatwa

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW_AoEUwFZA]YouTube - Islamic Scholars Issue Fatwa Against Terrorism[/ame]

etc, etc, etc.

Indians standing against Arabs.

And you asked me if I was shocked? :lol:

How does that explain me? Do you think I have an authoritarian personality?

Yes of course. It has nothing to do with the attacks prior to or since 9/11.

Even though radical islamist are out to get us, we are still paranoid, even when we have proof, and not just evidence, actual proof.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back