Why do Republicans Over-Exaggerate The Threat From Radical Islam

This post is a good summary of exactly what the OP is talking about.

Quantum sees no difference between Osama-hating american muslims, and Osama himself.

Wrong.

I see no difference between Osama and the 1 in 4 young American Muslims who think that suicide bombers targeting civilian targets is justified. Do you know that more Muslims in Pakistan categorically oppose suicide bombings of civilians than do so here in the United States? Are you also aware that people are actually blowing themselves up over there? Can you explain to me why I, knowing this, should not think that you are deluded?

1445-2.gif

I could worry about some poll, or I could worry about what american muslims do in the US.

What do you think is more relevant?

Do you really want to try that argument? Did you forget about the Times Square bomber? The guy who tried to blow up the parade in Portland? The first bombing of the WTC? All the supposed terrorists the government has arrested lately?.

Spate of terrorism arrests not connected, analysts say - CNN

Wrong.

I see no difference between Osama and the 1 in 4 young American Muslims who think that suicide bombers targeting civilian targets is justified. Do you know that more Muslims in Pakistan categorically oppose suicide bombings of civilians than do so here in the United States? Are you also aware that people are actually blowing themselves up over there? Can you explain to me why I, knowing this, should not think that you are deluded?

1445-2.gif

I could worry about some poll, or I could worry about what american muslims do in the US.

Do you really want to try that argument? Did you forget about the Times Square bomber? The guy who tried to blow up the parade in Portland? The first bombing of the WTC? All the supposed terrorists the government has arrested lately?.

A couple incidents in a couple decades, which you would probably also find with every other prominent religion in the US.

OH MY GOD THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE NEED A HOLY WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's my word? I asked for a basic representation of why the Us gov't should be "cautious" as you put it towards muslims. I would think a basic study of american homicides caused by this over a wide range of time would be a good indication as to whether or not this is necessary. Wouldn't you?

My apologies, would you like US taxpayers equally spent investigating christianity, islam, hinduism, buddhism, atheism etc?

If yes, then I agree I was wrong.

I agreed.

Now keep your word.

Fair enough, describe what you meant when you said we should be "cautious" of all muslims.

Did you support the idea of government having a panel to investigate islam?

Will you finally keep your word? I doubt it now, since I've had to put so much into getting you to do so.

So lets make some comparisons, since getting you to keep your word is getting dull and pointless.

Italians are frequently checked out in cities. Why do we do this? The mob.
Chinese are also looked at. Why? The Triads
Japanese. The Tongs
Irish. The Irish Mafia
People in cities that wear a certain color or dress a certain way. Street gangs.

so why should all muslims not be checked out at all? The have a vast organisation that smuggle opium world wide, [drug dealers]. They use force of arms to get what they want [mofia]. They kill people that are not muslims b/c they are not muslims. [none of the above stoop to that]. They intentionally murder innocent people. [that got Capone put on the to do list, but it was an accident]

Damn, you may have a point! All of the above should demand to be left alone to the gangsters cuz radical islam is far far more deadly.

A couple incidents in a couple decades, which you would probably also find with every other prominent religion in the US.

got a link?

Yeah, and of everyone on this board she's the quickest to pull the "you're a christian hater!" card. Yet every other one of her posts shows her to be exactly what she tries to paint others as, a religious bigot.

Yet another supporter of Islam and defender of terrorism who doesn't know what the term "bigot" means.

What a shocker.

Name one pro-islam, or pro-terrorist thing I've ever said in my history of posting on this board.

Does this count?

I've said it once,I'll say it now, and I'll say it many more times later, I view all religions as equally stupid.

How about this?

Again my apologies, the US government should be concerned about .00000000001% of muslims killing in the name of islam.

That's a far cry from 0...........................................

The best way of course to combat the tiny number of radical muslims, is stop giving them reasons to become radical (our foreign policy).

But I can assure you if the middle east were full of christians they wouldn't be saying "thank you america, please send over some more bombs and cruise misslies, the last batch was so much fun!" Their religion is 100% inconsequential.

Your complete ignorance about the simple fact that Islam is a political philosophy and not a religion is inexcusable. Your dismissal of all the evidence presented that Islam is, in fact, dangerous, is delusional. Your insistence that I am the one that is lumping all Muslims together when the fact is that you are the one that does that is plain stupid. The fact that I understand this does not make me a bigot.

got a link?

Of a couple christians killing their kids or something because god told them to?

I'm sure you could find that with a basic google search.

I'm not out to get christianity, so I'm not going to paste some links making it seem I am, but crazy wackos will kill in their name of god, isn't a result of their religion, it's a result of them being crazy wackos.

We do not need a holy war. We do not need a war at all. I would much prefer that we could just ignore everyone and live our own lives. I just happen to be intelligent enough to know that the world does not work that way.

By the way.

Show me one instance of anyone in the US trying to blow up a building because Shiva, the Hindu god of destruction, told him to, which at least would make sense.

Last edited:
Ok my apologies, I should've specified "americans in war-torn afghanistan are at threat to be killed by afghans."

As I said, I'm sick of the limp wristed apologetics who insist that the people being butchered are the problem.

I suppose those people in Darfur have it coming, too?

Lol you can't make a single post without twisting words, inputting lies and wildly sensationalizing everything in a desperate attempt to grab at emotions.

Where did I say ANYTHING remotely close to it being the americans faults for the afghans killing them?

I said them being in afghanistan at this point in history carries a threat that they could be killed by afhgans.

Just like I would tell you when the avian flu outbreak was happening you would be more at threat to get it, does that mean I'd "blame you" for getting it? Common sense will tell you no.

Allie this board is so much funner with hysterics like you on it, keep it up.

When someone has to misrepresent what other people say to the point of making up stuff, it pretty much blows any argument they have out of the water.

Yet another supporter of Islam and defender of terrorism who doesn't know what the term "bigot" means.

What a shocker.

Name one pro-islam, or pro-terrorist thing I've ever said in my history of posting on this board.

Does this count?

I've said it once,I'll say it now, and I'll say it many more times later, I view all religions as equally stupid.

How about this?

Again my apologies, the US government should be concerned about .00000000001% of muslims killing in the name of islam.

The best way of course to combat the tiny number of radical muslims, is stop giving them reasons to become radical (our foreign policy).

But I can assure you if the middle east were full of christians they wouldn't be saying "thank you america, please send over some more bombs and cruise misslies, the last batch was so much fun!" Their religion is 100% inconsequential.

Your complete ignorance about the simple fact that Islam is a political philosophy and not a religion is inexcusable. Your dismissal of all the evidence presented that Islam is, in fact, dangerous, is delusional. Your insistence that I am the one that is lumping all Muslims together when the fact is that you are the one that does that is plain stupid. The fact that I understand this does not make me a bigot.

Muslims are not different from every other category of humans in terms of percentage of good people and bad people, everyone has their radicals, I just won't stoop to attributing it solely to one group of people based on their religion.

This was a fun post though, I enjoyed reading how me saying Islam is stupid is pro-islam and pro-terrorist.

Kind of gives you a good look into how the rest of this debate has gone.

Two thumbs I asked if you supported the US government's idea to have a panel on islam, which would mean US taxpayer dollars would be spent on this, would you also want that done with every other religion.

If you would, I apologize for calling you a bigot, if you support the idea of government investigation of islam and not the other religions than the label stands.

As I said, I'm sick of the limp wristed apologetics who insist that the people being butchered are the problem.

I suppose those people in Darfur have it coming, too?

Lol you can't make a single post without twisting words, inputting lies and wildly sensationalizing everything in a desperate attempt to grab at emotions.

Where did I say ANYTHING remotely close to it being the americans faults for the afghans killing them?

I said them being in afghanistan at this point in history carries a threat that they could be killed by afhgans.

Just like I would tell you when the avian flu outbreak was happening you would be more at threat to get it, does that mean I'd "blame you" for getting it? Common sense will tell you no.

Allie this board is so much funner with hysterics like you on it, keep it up.

When someone has to misrepresent what other people say to the point of making up stuff, it pretty much blows any argument they have out of the water.

Yeah I know, she'll learn someday.

Does this count?

How about this?

Muslims are not different from every other category of humans in terms of percentage of good people and bad people, everyone has their radicals, I just won't stoop to attributing it solely to one group of people based on their religion.

This was a fun post though, I enjoyed reading how me saying Islam is stupid is pro-islam and pro-terrorist.

Kind of gives you a good look into how the rest of this debate has gone.

Really?

How many Christians think that suicide bombers targeting civilians is justified? Buddhists? Atheists? Do you honestly believe that 1 in 4 non Muslim Americans of any age think that blowing yourself up to kill civilians is a good idea?

One in four younger U.S. Muslims say suicide bombings to defend their religion are acceptable at least in some circumstances, though most Muslim Americans overwhelmingly reject the tactic and are critical of Islamic extremism and al-Qaida, a poll says.

Poll: Some U.S. Muslims approve suicide strikes - US news - Life - Race & ethnicity - msnbc.com

I can provide evidence to back up what I am saying, can you? Show me the numbers to back up your claims your claims or admit you are blowing smoke.

Two thumbs I asked if you supported the US government's idea to have a panel on islam, which would mean US taxpayer dollars would be spent on this, would you also want that done with every other religion.

If you would, I apologize for calling you a bigot, if you support the idea of government investigation of islam and not the other religions than the label stands.

Never mind drock

If your word means so little that I would have to answer the question again, your apology would be utterly meaningless.

Never mind drock

If your word means so little that I would have to answer the question again, your apology would be utterly meaningless.

My bad for overlooking it, did you say you didn't support the idea of the US gov't investigating islam and not the other religions?

Just a yes or no post is all i ask.

What other religion is currently posing a threat to innocents world wide?

Which religion is it that has a reputation for calling for and delivering death and torture upon their own families and neighbors, and who want the entire world to adhere by their laws?

In other words, we put a halt to religions that violate basic human rights. When the Mormons wanted to follow their own laws regardless of the law of the land, we put a stop to that. We wiped out Koresh and Jim Jones, thankfully, wiped himself out. If he hadn't, it would have ended anyway.

Islam is no different. You do not excuse behavior that is unacceptable, brutal and dangerous just because the people who are behaving that way claim it to be a part of their religion. Religion doesn't trump law and humanity, and God does not require anyone to act in such a manner. It's a shame so many Muslims don't know that. And since they don't, they should be stopped.

Last edited:
There will, I repeat there will NOT nor will there ever be Sharia Law in this country.

Why must the Republicans act like rabid fools and pretend that that's the threat that America is facing?

Is the the far right wing fringe reactionary in you or is it something else?

Help me out here...I'm trying to understand.

[EDIT] I meant to say "Muslims" not "Radical Islam". It changes the tone of the thread quite significantly.

its not the ideology , all American are sense muslim ass holes murdered 3,000 Americans on 9/11
but to be truthful , something muslims are vary selective on who they are truthful to .

I started hating middle easterners w2hen I watched the Iranians march our Embassy people blindfolded through their street as trophies and haven't lessen my hate for Iranians sense .

There will, I repeat there will NOT nor will there ever be Sharia Law in this country.

Why must the Republicans act like rabid fools and pretend that that's the threat that America is facing?

Is the the far right wing fringe reactionary in you or is it something else?

Help me out here...I'm trying to understand.

[EDIT] I meant to say "Muslims" not "Radical Islam". It changes the tone of the thread quite significantly.

its not the ideology , all American are sense muslim ass holes murdered 3,000 Americans on 9/11
but to be truthful , something muslims are vary selective on who they are truthful to .

I started hating middle easterners w2hen I watched the Iranians march our Embassy people blindfolded through their street as trophies and haven't lessen my hate for Iranians sense .

funny how you seem to be implying this is only a Muslim problem....being selective with the truth.

Kalam
Blah blah blah

Many muslims like to say "Islam forbids the killing of innocent people", I'm asking for someone to prove unequivocally using Islamic scripture, that non muslims are innocent.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/81748-islam-forbids.html

What's forbidden by the Ahl us-Sunnah is killing certain types of people mentioned by the four madhahib in their major works of fiqh. The Hanafi madh'hab specifically prohibits killing women, children, the elderly, various kinds of physically disabled people, travelers, the mentally handicapped (Bidaa'iʾ w'as-Sinaa'iʾ) as well as laborers and farmers and the diseased (Al-Mabsut.) The Maliki madh'hab mentions women, children, clergy (Ar-Risala,) the elderly and the infirm (Al-Muwatta.) Hanbalis list women, children, the elderly, monks, the disabled, farmers, slaves, sages, and those whose gender can't readily be discerned (Al-Mughni, Al-Furu'.) The Shafi'i fuqaha all mentioned women and children; Imam ash-Shafi'i himself mentions monks (Al-Umm) and later fuqaha' made mention of many of the kinds of people named by the other madhahib. Each of these categories of people comes from the commands of Muhammad (s.) or Abu Bakr (r.) or 'Umar ibn al-Khattab (r.) as preserved in the six Sunni kutub ul-hadeeth. The general principle of all of these prohibitions can be summed up with the comment of al-Khalifah 'Umar ibn 'Abd ul-'Aziz:

وقال عمر بن عبد العزيز في قول الله تبارك وتعالى ﴿وقاتلوا في سبيل الله الذين يقاتلونكم ولا تعتدوا﴾ قتل النساء والصبيان من ذلك، ومن لم ينصب الحرب منهم

And said 'Umar bin 'Abd ul-'Aziz in the Words of Allah the Blessed and Exalted, "(And fight in the way of Allah those who fight you, and don't transgress) ...[meaning] the killing of women and children and those who don't wage the war/act with hostility."

If anybody participates willingly in the enemy war effort (whether directly or through providing intelligence, supplies, propaganda, etc.), it becomes permissible to engage them. If the enemy surrounds itself with non-combatants, collateral damage is usually excused so long as the fighters are targeted. Among the "Salafiyyah"/ghayr muqallid, some such as Ibn Uthaymeen supported killing civilians if the enemy does this, and others such as Abu Basir at-Tartusi reject this.

Kalam
Blah blah blah

Many muslims like to say "Islam forbids the killing of innocent people", I'm asking for someone to prove unequivocally using Islamic scripture, that non muslims are innocent.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/81748-islam-forbids.html

What's forbidden by the Ahl us-Sunnah is killing certain types of people mentioned by the four madhahib in their major works of fiqh. The Hanafi madh'hab specifically prohibits killing women, children, the elderly, various kinds of physically disabled people, travelers, the mentally handicapped (Bidaa'iʾ w'as-Sinaa'iʾ) as well as laborers and farmers and the diseased (Al-Mabsut.) The Maliki madh'hab mentions women, children, clergy (Ar-Risala,) the elderly and the infirm (Al-Muwatta.) Hanbalis list women, children, the elderly, monks, the disabled, farmers, slaves, sages, and those whose gender can't readily be discerned (Al-Mughni, Al-Furu'.) The Shafi'i fuqaha all mentioned women and children; Imam ash-Shafi'i himself mentions monks (Al-Umm) and later fuqaha' made mention of many of the kinds of people named by the other madhahib. Each of these categories of people comes from the commands of Muhammad (s.) or Abu Bakr (r.) or 'Umar ibn al-Khattab (r.) as preserved in the six Sunni kutub ul-hadeeth. The general principle of all of these prohibitions can be summed up with the comment of al-Khalifah 'Umar ibn 'Abd ul-'Aziz:

وقال عمر بن عبد العزيز في قول الله تبارك وتعالى ﴿وقاتلوا في سبيل الله الذين يقاتلونكم ولا تعتدوا﴾ قتل النساء والصبيان من ذلك، ومن لم ينصب الحرب منهم

And said 'Umar bin 'Abd ul-'Aziz in the Words of Allah the Blessed and Exalted, "(And fight in the way of Allah those who fight you, and don't transgress) ...[meaning] the killing of women and children and those who don't wage the war/act with hostility."

If anybody participates willingly in the enemy war effort (whether directly or through providing intelligence, supplies, propaganda, etc.), it becomes permissible to engage them. If the enemy surrounds itself with non-combatants, collateral damage is usually excused so long as the fighters are targeted. Among the "Salafiyyah"/ghayr muqallid, some such as Ibn Uthaymeen supported killing civilians if the enemy does this, and others such as Abu Basir at-Tartusi reject this.

You islamic savages are a enemy of freedom!Iam proud to HATE islam and that murdering thieving dead pig muhammad!!Wear your rags bitch!!

Forum List

Back