Why do Republicans consider themselves "patriotic"?

R

rdean

Republicans again and again try to blast the left for what they consider "unpatriotic". And to do it, they need to make up the most ridiculous nonsense, like Democrats are working towards a "new world order" or Democrats want to "redistribute" the wealth.

They talk about liberty but engage in voter suppression.

They insist they love veterans yet cut food stamps for disabled veterans.

They complain the country is divided, yet they are 90% white.

They ignore the massive redistribution of wealth under Bush.

Worst of all, so many discuss "secession".

It seems their policies are designed to hurt as many Americans as possible. So many seem to have a real hatred for anyone not like them.

Read my signature line and you can feel the hate.

Easy question, do you agree with this gentleman?

wb58h2.jpg

wb58h2.jpg

corrupted by manipulation to support anyones personal vendetta. Mt.Venon.org, an on-line repositiry of Washington facts says this;

"This quote is partially accurate as the beginning section is taken from Washington's First Annual Message to Congress on the State of the Union. However, the quote is then manipulated into a differing context and the remaining text is inaccurate. Here is the actual text from Washington's speech:
"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."

So you're questioning of the OP is moot.

Republicans again and again try to blast the left for what they consider "unpatriotic". And to do it, they need to make up the most ridiculous nonsense, like Democrats are working towards a "new world order" or Democrats want to "redistribute" the wealth.

Yeah, no joke about that "New World Order" bit's being an indigenous trait of those who claim to be in the GOP. It's not like Far Left Democrats make up the majority of Truthers or anything, is it?

9/11 Truth movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

rdean said:

Again, it takes one to know one. Or haven't you ever seen Black Panthers at the polls on election day?

BlackPantherVoterIntimidation2008.jpg

rdean said:

Yet it's Democrats like Illinois Senator Dick Durbin who have actually stooped so low as to call American troops overseas "Nazis".

Durbin Apologizes for Remarks on Abuse

Go figure.

rdean said:

They are also well over 90% heterosexual, and that's why they will continue to exist years after many in your party have died.

rdean said:

Yet 70% of the folks who show up on this list ...

Top 10 wealthiest senators - Photo 1 - Pictures - CBS News

... are Dems.

Weird, huh? :D

rdean said:

Think some of your party's overreaching government policies just might be to blame for that, smart guy?

Nevermind. Like everything else according to you, it's probably George W. Bush's fault.

rdean said:
It seems their policies are designed to hurt as many Americans as possible. So many seem to have a real hatred for anyone not like them.

Yeah, no f'n joke, that. It's not like the LGBT crowd in the Democratic Party hates Evangelical Christians, and an ever-growing plurality in the Party hates Jews, is it?

How Many Democrats Booed Jerusalem at the DNC? - The Daily Beast

Imagine that.

rdean said:

Given your routine butchering of the English language, I'm not even sure if you can yourself read your signature.

Get outta your glass house, moron.

Last edited:

Neither side is patriotic. They insist on destroying this nation in their own unique way. So, what makes you think you are patriotic?

Yeah, the Republican brand needs some fixing. I love reading about the old time Republicans. Back when they were the thinking man's party and not the lowest common denominator party.

Today's Republican party is controlled by deep moneyed interests who do a great job of fleecing totally average people into their little swindle that promises wealth distribution for their voters as long as they vote for them. The promise of tax cuts trickling down from rich people to their own pockets is the greatest fleecing in modern American history. It's the basis of their entire economic platform: Vote for us and we'll invite you to the cool kids table. Except they never invite them. They just stoke their fears and their anger about "the government" as some great boogieman in their lives when the real loss of freedom they face is by turning their minds off and being prisoners to their own ignorance.

You don't have to tow the entire Democratic party platform to be a Democrat. But if you fall out of line on just one thing within the Republican platform, they treat you like you're the scum of the Earth. It's the single greatest difference between the parties, and the least attractive quality of today's GOP.

You don't have to tow the entire Democratic party platform to be a Democrat. But if you fall out of line on just one thing within the Republican platform, they treat you like you're the scum of the Earth. It's the single greatest difference between the parties, and the least attractive quality of today's GOP.
And how come you can't see the Democratic Party doing the same thing you accuse Republicans of? If you challenge them, you're racist, bigoted, misogynistic, indifferent to the poor or hateful.

So ensconced within a "team first" mentality that you can't see the war of attrition happening within your own party lines. This is why there are more and more people becoming libertarians. The two parties are so alike in many ways, the differences are hard to notice anymore.

Last edited:

Bullshit. We want to suppress your ability to vote multiple times. You want to reserve the right to commit voter fraud.

We want to cut food stamps for welfare abusers, not veterans. You want to deny them medical care until they die.

I know you think being white is a crime but that's too fucking bad. Democrats have always been the party of racism and it still is (like your post reveals).

But you have no problem with Obama doing it on a grand scale.

That's because we're patriots. We want the country our founding fathers gave us back. We don't want a communist dictatorship. You apparently do.

I know you didn't type that with a straight face.

I can feel the hate reading your post.

And how come you can't see the Democratic Party doing the same thing you accuse Republicans of? If you challenge them, you're racist, bigoted, misogynistic, indifferent to the poor or hateful.

So ensconced within a "team first" mentality that you can't see the war of attrition happening within your own party lines. This is why there are more and more people becoming libertarians. They two parties are so alike in many ways, the differences are hard to notice anymore.

Both parties don't really care about the country and especially not the people, actually they care more about their parties, army-, agencies (CIA, NSA, DEA)- and business friends (Wall Street, NRA).
And so, even though both parties oppose each other on most issues, it is finally almost the same.

wb58h2.jpg

No. Today, that would require allowing the personal ownership of nuclear weapons. Do you want that?

Really? Just where would I hide a 100 foot tall nuclear warhead? Using it for self defense means not only killing myself and the people I want to protect, but the assailant and everyone with in a 20 mile radius of the detonation point.

This is how insanely stupid your gun control argument is.

Patriotism Definition = Love and devotion one feels towards one's country. That's a definition from Webster.

I find it ironic Liberals and Lefties calling out and questioning patriotism from the other side when it is the Left that is behind, "fundamentally transforming this Nation". How patriotic can one be towards a Nation when their stated goal is to fundamentally transform the Nation?

Patriotism Definition = Love and devotion one feels towards one's country. That's a definition from Webster.

I find it ironic Liberals and Lefties calling out and questioning patriotism from the other side when it is the Left that is behind, "fundamentally transforming this Nation". How patriotic can one be towards a Nation when their stated goal is to fundamentally transform the Nation?

Never mind that. Obama has repeatedly apologized for America's "arrogance". How patriotic is that?

It has reached the point that anytime I hear to someone refer to themselves as a patriot, I pretty much know that person is in all likelihood an uneducated overweight hypocritical redneck.

Good job on ruining what it means to be a "patriot".

Never mind that. Obama has repeatedly apologized for America's "arrogance". How patriotic is that?

Arrogant and selfish is more accurate. At least for half the country that is.

It has reached the point that anytime I hear to someone refer to themselves as a patriot, I pretty much know that person is in all likelihood an uneducated overweight hypocritical redneck.

Good job on ruining what it means to be a "patriot".

That's because you're an ill-informed bigot.

Forum List

Back